Olympic white tele, thinking about changing the pickguard, what ya got?

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
The white things are spats. No one can tell me where to get a proper tortoise pickguard material. Photo pattern with no depth is just sad.

I don't understand. If you want actual turtle shell, yes, that is problematic. If you want a plastic 'tortoiseshell' pattern pickguard, they are easily found. I'd go to ebay and search "telecaster tortoise pickguard" without the quotes. A similar search on amazon would work. Or you could go to warmoth and use their site.

I have no idea what you mean with the "photo pattern with no depth" comment.

drmordo

Friend of Leo's
thats the ticket..i actually gigged in a white crushed satin double breasted suit with real spats for awhile..the women loved it the guys..not so much but that's ok i only swing one way..

That is awesome. I have often thought that if I start gigging regularly again I might get a white sports jacket to match my guitar. It's not a tux, but honestly how often do we get to wear a tux these days?

jeff beck wired.jpg

middy

Friend of Leo's
The white things are spats. No one can tell me where to get a proper tortoise pickguard material. Photo pattern with no depth is just sad.
Warmoth use real Italian celluloid tortoise material.

brmusician

TDPRI Member
Got my American Pro 2 a couple weeks ago and thinking about swapping the pickguard. While I like it now I think it could be better.
I'd change the tuners for vintage ones, so it would match the vintage bridge. Actually I prefer the Performer Telecaster look because it has vintage tuners (Classic Gear, not really vintage, but vintage-looking tuners interchangeable with modern ones).