Olivia Newton-John Dies at 73

ZackyDog

Friend of Leo's
:(

1660364922526.png

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
The really SICK thing is the films and TV specials made before her death and screened here within 36 hours of her passing. Cashing in on her illness and death before her family and close friends could wipe away tears. She built a whole medical centre for all cancer affected people, guys too, not just women. It incorporated all sorts of well being therapies as well as the usual medical treatments. Some men are very thankful to her and no doubt many women. She was more than just a pretty face.

Greg70

Tele-Holic
The really SICK thing is the films and TV specials made before her death and screened here within 36 hours of her passing. Cashing in on her illness and death before her family and close friends could wipe away tears. She built a whole medical centre for all cancer affected people, guys too, not just women. It incorporated all sorts of well being therapies as well as the usual medical treatments. Some men are very thankful to her and no doubt many women. She was more than just a pretty face.
I've often wondered if they prepare those specials in advance when a celebrity is ill. It sure seems like they get on the air awfully fast.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
I've often wondered if they prepare those specials in advance when a celebrity is ill. It sure seems like they get on the air awfully fast.
I know a well-known journalist who has written pre-emptive obituaries for most rock legends over 50. (Some have been published). It makes sense - you don't want to wait 5 days for an uptodate obit to be written from scratch. And of course, you'd hope it's years because it's needed. So it would make sense that they'd have programmes ready. But I agree that's less ... palatable.

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
Yes they did. She died and all those "shows" were on the next night. One had a woman, who is very vein, Delta Doodrem, play Olivia. I know guys who've prepared salads for her in a " Green Room" and she's Not a nice person.

Weazel

Tele-Afflicted
Yes they did. She died and all those "shows" were on the next night. One had a woman, who is very vein, Delta Doodrem, play Olivia. I know guys who've prepared salads for her in a " Green Room" and she's Not a nice person.
What are you on about?

Tonetele

Doctor of Teleocity
Weazel Nwetworks knew Olivia was terminally ill. So they prepared bad taste films and "specials" in order to have viewing audiences after her demise. I call that bad taste in the extreme. It's a bit like the BBC preparing films about the Queen in anticipation of her passing.