Olivia Newton-John Dies at 73

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
Australia has lost two major icons this week. Judith Durham and Olivia. It’s hard to explain the hold Olivia had on people. There was very little criticism of her - at least here. She was everybody’s daughter sister girlfriend. Girl friend.

A staunch supporter of cancer research and support, she was immensely popular. A mate of mine said the only thing that could get his mind of the eastern suburbs rugby league team was the cover of Olivia’s ‘if you love me’ album.

jhundt

Doctor of Teleocity
Back in '83 she opened an Aussie Milk Bar on Melrose Ave in LA. I did some work there when the place was being outfitted. She was a very nice and genuine person, a pleasure to work with. I say with - not for - because she was there every day, eager and willing to do any kind of work herself. One day she wanted to install lamps in the new ceiling fixtures. She asked if I could help her. She was happy to install all the lamps herself, she just hoped I could hold the stepladder steady for her. I was very happy to do this, so we spent a happy hour together installing light bulbs. At one point she gave a little shout of recognition, and we had to stop because she had seen someone on the street, and she ran out to invite him in to the construction area. It was some young Australian guy who was making a name for himself in a popular cult-film movie called Road Warrior.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
Back in '83 she opened an Aussie Milk Bar on Melrose Ave in LA. I did some work there when the place was being outfitted. She was a very nice and genuine person, a pleasure to work with. I say with - not for - because she was there every day, eager and willing to do any kind of work herself. One day she wanted to install lamps in the new ceiling fixtures. She asked if I could help her. She was happy to install all the lamps herself, she just hoped I could hold the stepladder steady for her. I was very happy to do this, so we spent a happy hour together installing light bulbs. At one point she gave a little shout of recognition, and we had to stop because she had seen someone on the street, and she ran out to invite him in to the construction area. It was some young Australian guy who was making a name for himself in a popular cult-film movie called Road Warrior.
Steve Bisley? ;)

(Steve’s a great actor, but I’m just messing around)

Chiogtr4x

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
How ‘bout that bass singer in Let Me Be There?! I’ve always liked that part.
' lowest notes ever!'
I always liked that song

Plus AM radio was just cool and rich then!

Pop yes, but you would hear this " Let Me Be There" song, next to Foghat, next to The O'Jays, next to James Taylor, next to BTO, next to "Rhinestone Cowboy"> Jackson 5...

I know it's nostalgic, but I loved it all!

Greg70

Tele-Holic
We lose celebrities all the time but this one has a sting to it. Around 1976 I was 6 years old and they ran a promo commercial of her, probably for her latest album. It was a clip of her singing the heart-wrenching ballad "Sam". My memory was of her in a blue sequin dress but it was probably a cross screen filter as seen in the video. I had such a crush on her and would be memorized every time she appeared on that 24" CRT singing "Greg, Greg, you know where I am." The day of her passing my Mom called me up and asked if I had heard the news, which I had. She reminded me that I used to write my initials alongside ONJ in a heart together. I've been binging on her videos on YouTube and it appears that pretty much EVERYONE had a crush on her! RIP to my first crush.