Older Princeton Chorus reverb problem

Discussion in 'Amp Tech Center' started by Eastbound71, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Eastbound71

Eastbound71 TDPRI Member

Picked this amp up for $20 at local second hand store. The chorus is working fine but the reverb is not there...just makes the static hum of the amp louder when turned up. Both red and black cables are plugged in the reverb tank. Anything suggestions on where and how to start Troubleshooting this?

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

If you have a multimeter, you could pull the tank and check the resistances at the jacks.....and check for broken connectors at those jacks or at the winding of the inductors. If the resistances are good there, your problems are in the circuit...bad IC???

3. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

My first test would be to make sure the cables are plugged into the correct jacks... at both ends.

Dismalhead likes this.
  4. Eastbound71

Eastbound71 TDPRI Member

Thanks guys, I read some other posts on this and planning to pull it out tonight and start the fixing. I have a good meter and can solder so I hope to get it up without having to buy a new tank. I will post on here what I found.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.