Old Roland Blues Cube

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by flinx, Feb 18, 2020.

1. flinx

flinx Tele-Meister

Does anybody play these or gig with them anymore?....I have 3...the 1x12, 2x10 an 3x10....still love them....except the 3x10 doesn't move much because it is a tank.

2. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Tele-Afflicted

I remember the magazine ads for them and always wanted to try one, but never got around to it. Not sure I ever actually saw one in stores around here.

Are they the same preamp with different power stages and speaker configurations, or is there an abbreviated one and a flagship one?

3. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

I had the first generation BC 60 watt with the 12" speaker and gig'd with it for years. That amp really came to life with the volume up! Had to sell it when we downsized, but I still miss it. Just a great sounding, great feeling amp.

When I got it, I actually let a few tube amps go to new homes. I've yet to try the new models, (or the next one series) but would sure lie to.

4. flinx

flinx Tele-Meister

I don't know enough to answer that question....but know there used to be owners of them years ago on this forum....They will know if they chime in....to me the best was the 1x12....i bought mine used and it looks like hell....but it still plays perfectly and has never gave me a second of problems.3x10 is super gig worthy...loud as heck....2x10 has no reverb but a good little amp...it's fairly light.

5. stax

stax Tele-Afflicted

I had the 3x10 version when I went through a phase a few years ago of seeking out some of the best ss amps.
    It was just too much of a lump to drag about I also preferred the sound of a couple of other quality ss amps I had so it had to go.

6. Mechanic

Mechanic Friend of Leo's

Look in the owners clubs forum.

7. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's

Still use an old Roland Cube 60 at home. Clean sounds which let you hear exactly what you’re playing - no where to hide...

8. regularslinky

regularslinky Tele-Afflicted

I gigged for years with a BC-60. IMHO it is just about the perfect gigging amp - sounds great, plenty of volume, takes pedals like a champ, reliable, portable, built to last.

BC-60 in one hand, small pedalboard in the other, Strat in a gig bag with shoulder straps - one trip from the car to the stage, set up and tuned in 5 minutes. That rig covered everything from hard rock to funk to jazz standards.

flinx and BB like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.