1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Old recording found in the digital mist

Discussion in 'Recording In Progress' started by Jipes, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Here is one of my numerous attempts to make some new composition for my numerous bands but which never ends up in a true song. It's called "Bayou Teche" because I started with a Louisiana idea but finally ends up on the Gange shores ;)

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?ur...user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true"></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="" title="Jipes" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Jipes</a> · <a href="" title="Bayou Teche" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Bayou Teche</a></div>

2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Bayou Teche is very cool. It's got blues, African, Indian, all kinds of things.

Jipes likes this.
  3. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Thanks Man appreciated I try to post just this one but the soundcloud player is carrying two ????

4. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

No worries.

I'm listening to it a second time now, which, I am a little ashamed to admit, I almost never do with soundcloud/bandcamp recordings.

But the vibe is fantastic. Some artists would kill for that kind of rhythm. Something simple and beautiful done well.

Jipes likes this.
  5. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

I like them both, but I really enjoyed Nobody's Fault But Mine.

Great stuff!!

;)

Jipes likes this.
  6. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Waouh you gonna make blash :D I'm quite good to find ideas but I'm too little talented and mainly too sloppy to turn them into real song. I might have accumulate more than 40 or 50 of thoses

Digital Larry and hemingway like this.
  7. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Thanks a lot! It's from my small blues Gospel quartet

8. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Friend of Leo's

I start with ideas, a little riff or chord progression. Sometimes those grow into something more elaborate and sometimes they don't. An idea can still set a mood, for example I imagine that as background music for some movie scene. I have way more of those than completed songs and I'm probably going to publish more of them considering how hard it is for me to do a full song.

Jipes likes this.
  9. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Well maybe when I go to retirement I will finalise all these songs and make a compilation album :)

Skully likes this.
  10. FortyEight

FortyEight Tele-Afflicted

Very very good!!! Nice crowd reaction on Nobdy's Fault But Mine. Love the bass line in that one and the sound of it. Is the solo a harmonica? It almost sounded to me like one of them little keyboards that you blow into.... Don't know the name of them. LOL.

The Bayou Teche was super cool. I LOVED the first guitar sound. Is that an acoustic with distortion after the fact?

Very very good. You da man. Yeah, the Bayou Teche would be like a good movie song. Like reminds me of some people doing some kind of adventure out in the desert.....

Jipes likes this.
  11. Jipes

Jipes Tele-Meister

Thanks a lot for your nice comment, yes indeed it's a diatonic harmonica played by Paulo one of the band member

Thanks a lot, as much as I can recall this was my Fender Esquire in open tuning directly into Garage Band. You're right with the desert it was an idea of Derek Trucks meeting Tinariwen a sahalian touareg blues band

In the same spirit I also send Ry Cooder to JAmaica and Kingston Town this is how I fantasize it ;)

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?ur...user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true"></iframe><div style="font-size: 10px; color: #cccccc;line-break: anywhere;word-break: normal;overflow: hidden;white-space: nowrap;text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: Interstate,Lucida Grande,Lucida Sans Unicode,Lucida Sans,Garuda,Verdana,Tahoma,sans-serif;font-weight: 100;"><a href="" title="Jipes" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Jipes</a> · <a href="" title="Ry Is Back To Kingston Town" target="_blank" style="color: #cccccc; text-decoration: none;">Ry Is Back To Kingston Town</a></div>

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.