Old guy but new here

Jersey Boy in Oz

TDPRI Member
Just left USA to retire in South Australia. Looking forward to having plenty of time to play guitar or plenty of time to do diddly squat.

my teles. Mex FSR with vintage noiseless pickups, G&L ASAT classic with Seymour Duncan Alico pro iI pickups & mex 75th Anniversary stock.

I do have a few other guitars and a couple of amps to round things out but nothing extravagant

looking forward to this forum and hearing all about Teles.

Jersey Boy in Oz

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Just left USA to retire in South Australia. Looking forward to having plenty of time to play guitar or plenty of time to do diddly squat.

my teles. Mex FSR with vintage noiseless pickups, G&L ASAT classic with Seymour Duncan Alico pro iI pickups & mex 75th Anniversary stock.

I do have a few other guitars and a couple of amps to round things out but nothing extravagant

looking forward to this forum and hearing all about Teles.

Jersey Boy in Oz

good to hear from a home-boy expat, welcome aboard matey. I've always had and itch for G&L ASAT with the see thru finish.
not to be rude and the answer maybe obvious due to the weather here lately, but Oz is a fur piece from the Jersey homeland
being front the left coart all the word Jesy means to me is Sopranos lots of unpleasant weather , but then one hears so much about
Trenton and an influenced city government ( in the bad old days )
where in Oz are you hanging your hat?
Stay in touch I curious about your experience, really I am ... from jersey to oz wow!
zzzzzz  asat.jpg

24 track

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I'll let you in on a secret......
most of us are old guys , and every day is new to us!
make sure you have fun posting and ask as many questions as you need to , there are some monumentally brilliant members here

Oh yeah welcome aboard!

Jersey Boy in Oz

TDPRI Member
Yes, Jersey has it rough parts but has some really nice areas too. Just like anywhere else. The Boss and Sinatra are Jersey proud so it can’t be all bad.

It will probably be an adjustment for me as far as places to go and things to do. Basically I was within a hour drive to New York, Philly and Atlantic City.

I am in the Adelaide area now but not looking to replicate the past but find new things in life. What better way than move half way around the world.

Jersey

TokyoPortrait

Friend of Leo's
Hi and welcome.

I suspect you’ll have fun here. One thing to remember though, is the most important unofficial rule, which is - photos! :)

Most folks downunder would think Jersey is an island in the English channel.... or the team colours you thrown on to play a game of football...

Hey Cobber.

Actually, I kinda surprised myself and wondered why I thought of the US first. Maybe it is that the term “Jersey Boy" sounds inherently US? Dunno. Incidentally, it is cold up here now, and I’ve gotten my fav jerseys out (& my marino singlets).

Pax/
Dean

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
moving halfway around the world to a kinda English speaking country seems like a radical change when all you really had to do is move to Philly for a very similar experience:D

So, please send back regular reports on cool Guitars made in Oz, Amps also, please, how's the beer, cultural differences, and do people in Oz mock Birkenstocks as much as the do in America : Oh the stigma of wearing the Birkenstocks :cry:

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Last time I was in Adelaide was Xmas '76..... I assume the town has changed since then..:rolleyes::lol:

I Saw Split Enz at the State theatre in town for bonus points....

and had a rather indulgent Xmas dinner at a friend's back yard on a clear sunny day at Port Adelaide... good times ..:D

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
moving halfway around the world to a kinda English speaking country seems like a radical change when all you really had to do is move to Philly for a very similar experience:D

So, please send back regular reports on cool Guitars made in Oz, Amps also, please, how's the beer, cultural differences, and do people in Oz mock Birkenstocks as much as the do in America : Oh the stigma of wearing the Birkenstocks :cry:

Mate, you could wear shoes made from 2 cow skins and a bushel of nails to the frogstomp and nobody would bat an eyelid....:lol:

tubedude

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Yes, Jersey has it rough parts but has some really nice areas too. Just like anywhere else. The Boss and Sinatra are Jersey proud so it can’t be all bad.

It will probably be an adjustment for me as far as places to go and things to do. Basically I was within a hour drive to New York, Philly and Atlantic City.

I am in the Adelaide area now but not looking to replicate the past but find new things in life. What better way than move half way around the world.

Jersey
Sounds like you were in Burlington County. I lived in Medford a lifetime ago. I thought about New Zealand for a while as 1) Marlborough Savingnon Blanc! and 2) Aussies have too much deadly critters laying about.

Telekarster

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Welcome man! Wow! From NJ to South Aussie????? Dang.... now THAT is a life changing experience for sure. I'd love to know more about your experiences etc. and how you're adjusting to life as an expat! Good luck to you, mate, and see ya out here!

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
Ad Free Member
Mate, you could wear shoes made from 2 cow skins and a bushel of nails to the frogstomp and nobody would bat an eyelid....:lol:

aH A COUNTRY THAT i COULD LIVE IN! Too bad, I'm to old, I'd like to visit and work in the above ground uranium mines, and drive one of those big ass trucks but I read these rigs are being automated. I'd love to drive one of those gigantic machines, but I missedo_O my chance, so it's stay here, in the east bay, enjoy the California good life:cool: and slip on into the ocean.;)
The Hayward fault looks like it might create some beachfront properties soon, (soon = tomorrow or 15,000 years from now )properties in the Sierra foothills:lol: