OLD GIBSON REVERB - INTERACTIVE WITH VOLUME CIRCUIT

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by amp-shark, Feb 28, 2020.

1. amp-shark

amp-shark TDPRI Member

Howdy Y'all -
    I never saw a thread anywhere concerning one of my all time FAVORITE effects -
    THE OLD VINTAGE GIBSON TUBE AMPS (Gibson Epiphone Maestro Kalamazoo) WITH REVERB

the Volume control and the Reverb control are INTERACTIVE, and the Reverb gets DEEP,
    plus there is a gain interaction going on at the same time = SUPER TRIPPY

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT THOSE CIRCUITS AND TELL ME WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING THERE, I CANNOT BELIEVE NO ONE HAS RESURRECTED THIS CLASSIC EFFECT!?!?

Also - you could rig different connections at the inputs of these amps, so you could use the reverb on the Gibson that had it (UNIQUE VINTAGE GIBSON AMP INPUT SWITCHING OPTIONS, ANOTHER NEW THREAD OF ITS OWN), and some of those options involved clipping an alligator clamp-wire onto the speaker terminals - KABLOOEY, A LAW-YER'S WINDFALL, lol. They used various ingenious methods of applying this weird Volume/Reverb circuit, they even had some stand alone units - and a couple of those even had a little built in speaker.

Gibson used genuine PTP wiring, I have heard many fine old Gibson amps, they had some great designs.
    Fender tag boards were a reliable standard, Gibson rat's nest PTP required a better tech.
    You tecchies (did I spell that correctly) should see that Gibson Amp Master Service Manual -- WOW that is like a giant Xmas catalog of exotic and weird unobtainable wonders!!!
    I am a huge Fender fanatic, but Gibson ran circles around Leo/CBS here and there!

YOU FENDER REVERB SURF BOYS WOULD LIKELY DROWN IN GIBSON REVERB - YOWSAH

Thank You in advance, for any studied input!!

SHARE SOME LOVE TODAY -- DELIVER A LOVING COMPLIMENT TO SOMEONE DEAR TO YOU

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  2. printer2

printer2 Poster Extraordinaire

I think the way Gibson implemented their reverb sucked, turn up and down the volume and you had to adjust the reverb also.

[​IMG]

You have access to the Gibson Amp Master Service Manual, do some more studying, nothing that I have seen in Gibson amps is groundbreaking, re-amping a signal from the output of an amp is not hard, study the schematics.

3. muscmp

muscmp Tele-Afflicted

i love fender reverbs in amps and standalone units. i also love gibson reverbs in amps and standalones. they are completely different animals and both are great if you know how to tweak each.

play music!

4. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

imho; fender reverb also increases with volume

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.