Old Fender DSP 3-button footswitch compatibility

Deaf Eddie

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Si, I was just given a Fender Princeton Chorus DSP - no footswitch. It takes a 3-button model, and the exact footswitch (channel /reverb/chorus) is very hard to find - make that, impossible. They connect via a regular speaker cable, so generic footswitches will NOT work.

I tried the old 2-button from my Ultra Chorus (which also worked on the old (non-DSP) Princeton Chorus, but all I got was reverb on/off. I REALLY need the channel switching to use this amp the way I want to.

My big question is, even though the labeling won't match, would a different model Fender 3-button footswitch work?

Blrfl

Friend of Leo's
That's hard to say. According to the schematic, it has a part number but I don't know if they used the same one on other models. That said, any three-button unit with latching switches could easily be rewired to match.

Deaf Eddie

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Yeah, Fender quit using latching footswitches that worked with other amps in, what, the 1990s? Perhaps even earlier than that. What a pain in the patoot.

I bought a Fender three-button channel/gain/reverb switch, and all the lights switched on and off, but it did nothing on the PC. Anybody need a Fender three-button footswitch?