OLD Apps going away - Now Retired

Discussion in 'Mobile App Support' started by TDPRI, Feb 17, 2015.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    When we released our new mobile app a year or so ago a number of folks requested that we keep our old mobile app operating as well. Some folks just hate change.

It seemed reasonable so we did keep the old app in the two App Stores.

However, now the old app is 3 years out of date and not working on a whole slew of devices. Folks keep downloading the old app without any knowledge of the issues and they are running into problems.

So, this week we are pulling the old app from the iOS and Google Play stores and shortly after that we will disable the old app entirely.

So, if you are using the old app, we suggest you stop now, delete it from your mobile device and start using the new mobile app.

Confused about which is which?

Here's how to tell:
    (iOS shown, but it is the same in the Google Play Store for Android)

Download the New App here:
    IOS - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tdpri-forum/id812525884?mt=8

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.tdpricomforum

PS. The company that developed the old app is out of business and we cannot have it updated any further. We have tried but it is not possible.

2. Mhat

Mhat Tele-Meister

Wow, never even knew I had the old app. It's the only one I've ever known. Downloading now!

3. Hellmark

Hellmark Tele-Holic

I see that the new app is powered by tapatalk, but TDPRI isn't able to be found in the Tapatalk app. Any idea why? The Gretsch Talk forum is listed, and i would prefer to keep everything in one app.

4. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Yes Tapatalk has developed our new apps. However, we haven't decided on adding TDPRI or Strat-Talk to Tapatalk's database for it's generic app. There are many reasons for and against this option and we're evaluating them at this time.

Currently, you'll find the following of our websites on the Tapatalk App:
    Gretsch-Talk
    Gibson-Talk
    AxeTalk
    FenderTalk
    BluesTalk

We're still considering whether or not to add TDPRI, Strat-Talk and Squier-Talk to Tapatalk's app.

5. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

I'm curious, what are the con's?

6. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Mostly technical and related to spammers, incomplete registrations, and other issues that apply to our operation of the site.

7. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Just went through this over at Strat-Talk, too. Based on the aesthetics of both, I assumed that the "new" app was in fact the old one when I installed them and put the old ones on my phone.
    I'll make the switch today.

8. Alamo

Alamo Doctor of Teleocity

[webmaster edit] We don't have a QR code, so we removed your image to prevent confusion. Not sure why you posted one and referred to it as the "right one."[/edit]

Sorry for causing confusion. :oops:
    I generated a QR code to the new app because it was easier for me to snap that with my tablet, then to navigate with the tiny device.
    with the "right one" I meant the new TDP app, using the link you posted.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  9. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Does this require another purchase?

I've just been using the site, even though I downloaded the wrong one apparently. I could never navigate how to use the app. It was 180 degrees different than the site. Is the new one different in this regard?

10. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Since all the apps are FREE - there is no purchase. You just have to download the correct app.

The apps are not similar to the site when viewed on a desktop browser. They can't be. You can use your mobile device's browser to view the site and it will be identical to what you see on a desktop computer.

11. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

Thank you for the clarification. I've never viewed, nor wanted to, the app on a desktop. Didn't know that was possible.

Maybe it was the wrong app that looked vastly different on a phone?

12. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    No... you miss understood. The TDPRI site APP does not look or work the same as when you visit the site via a browser on a computer.

And it doesn't matter which app you use - old app or new app - both of the apps work and look about the same. Just differences in buttons and touch points.

13. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    hellmark and src9000 - We're not making an official announcement at this time, but you'll find all 8 of our websites on Tapatalk as of today.

So, if you prefer to use that app if you search in the generic Tapatalk app you'll find:
    • TDPRI
    • Strat-Talk
    • Gretsch-Talk
    • Squier-Talk
    • Gibson-Talk
    • AxeTalk
    • FenderTalk
    • BluesTalk

Please understand that this is a test for the month of March. We will be evaluating this further throughout the month. No promises if this will continue at this point until our evaluation is complete.

iOS Tapatalk App
    Android Tapatalk App
    Windows Phone
    Windows Phone 8

PS. This also means that Windows Phone users with the Tapatalk app will have a mobile app option now, as well.

14. Feargal

Feargal Tele-Holic

I was also using the old one. Thanks.

15. Hellmark

Hellmark Tele-Holic

Have it added to tapatalk, as well as the new app. Thanks!

16. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    The "Old" Apps (published by "End of Time Studios") will be going away at the end of this month. So, please delete the old app from your device and download the new apps ASAP.

In the next 2-weeks we will simply turn the old app off and you will get no response on your device when attempting to use the old app.

Don't know if you're using the old app or the new app? Scroll to the top of this thread and read the OP (original post).

We do have a new mobile version of the TDPRI, one that requires NO App but will still work on your mobile phone coming in the next few weeks as well. However, it will not be fully featured. You will be able to use a mobile phone browser with the new mobile version and find it handles about 80% of the functionality of using the full-site on a browser. But it will be much easier to use than attempting to use the full site right now on a mobile phone. (This new mobile version of the site will not be applicable to tablet use.)

The new mobile phone style will be available in addition to using our Mobile App and or Tapatalk's Mobile App. And it will work equally well on iPhones, Androids and Windows Phones.

PS. The new mobile style is in active development right now - but you can glimpse an incomplete beta of it by pointing your mobile phone browser to www.gibson-talk.com.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.