'ola from sunny baja

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
Hello, semi-retired dude from the south SF Bay Area, lived in Oregon since 2008, now in Baja. Have only owned one 'Telecaster shaped object', a Rondo copy which I really liked and played the heck out of on my various travels. Back in the day 70s & 80s, I'd play various friends Tele's.

I'm finally putting together a Tele from parts. Have wanted to do it for years.

It's interesting....actually deciding what I want is harder than I thought it would be. Pickup's seems to be the hardest to decide. It's like: "What DO I want?" I realized it's easier to decide what I do not want, lol. Which is a Hot Rod or three p/u type axe. Not my thing. Then I was thinkin' well do I want to go in the opposite direction and go full Cooder-caster Teisco p/u etc. Nope. Not really. So I don't know, hopefully it doesn't turn out too weird. Accumulating all the parts now, I'll post pics as I make some progress.

cheers!

Eddiebaby1

Tele-Meister
G'Day from England.
I'm in a local pub hat I walked to a couple of hours ago with a Telecaster in a gig bag over my shoulder. Played a bit, drank a bit and now it's pouring with rain and I'm in a t-shirt and jeans and 2 miles from home.
Please send any excess Baja sunshine to me.
And pictures of guitars in the sunshine please.
And ignore the advice above, Miami Blue, maple fingerboard and black pickguard.
But the Telecaster is a broad altar to worship at. Bring what you enjoy.

ChazFromCali

Tele-Meister
G'Day from England.
I'm in a local pub hat I walked to a couple of hours ago with a Telecaster in a gig bag over my shoulder. Played a bit, drank a bit and now it's pouring with rain and I'm in a t-shirt and jeans and 2 miles from home.
Please send any excess Baja sunshine to me.
And pictures of guitars in the sunshine please.
And ignore the advice above, Miami Blue, maple fingerboard and black pickguard.
But the Telecaster is a broad altar to worship at. Bring what you enjoy.

I spent two years at R.A.F. Lakenheath courtesy of her Majesty... and the US Govt. in the early 80s, so I know what you mean about the weather. My default solution, have another beer and do some pickin' ;-)

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico.Heres my Hot Rod Esquire
20220620_172806.jpg
20220516_163550~2.jpg

TunedupFlat

Tele-Meister
Welcome to the TDPRI.

If your on the hunt for the right pickups for you, you have come to the land of confusion 🤣.

It's a great place to learn about what's out there!