Okay.....WHO DID IT?!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by dented, May 13, 2021.

1. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Something very nice happened today. I received a parcel in the mail from........Belgium. It was a postage paid parcel with nothing due. I checked all my credit cards and bank account and it wasn't anything I ordered or paid for. There wasn't any note or message attached. It had my name and address correct. It is a brand new record album. I do not own a phonograph of any kind so I went online to listen to the artist. I am not going to disclose who the artist is yet in case it is a member here. Please PM me and let me in on your generosity. Otherwise I am flabbergasted about this. :)

Jakedog, Jim622, Telekarster and 13 others like this.
  2. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Very Cool, let us know how it sound when you hear it ,congrats

dented and Fendereedo like this.
  3. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Hard to beat a good mystery - let us know the full story when it becomes clear

dented likes this.
  4. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Very cool!

There are plenty of wonderful people in the world--despite what the news media would rather have you believe.

Jim622, cat dude, natec and 1 other person like this.
  5. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Interesting! Watching this thread, would love to see how this unfolds.

dented likes this.
  6. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

I love stuff like this. I was a member of a wetshaving forum for several years and one day I got a mystery package in the mail. It was a brand new Glencairn glass branded with the forum's logo. No idea who sent it or why. I still have it and it's my favorite whisky glass.

Try doing something like this for someone when you have the opportunity. The key is to remain 100% anonymous and also not go bragging about it to anyone. Let it be between you and that person only.

dented, SRHmusic and StevesBoogie like this.
  7. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Totally agree @_MementoMori_ (did you change your avatar recently, lol)

For the last four years or so, I've begun to pay for the car behind me in drivethrus. Not all the time, just occasionally.

The only ones I go through are Starbucks for my daughter and Dunkin' Donuts (for me and my daughter, we love their coffee). My daughter likes to get a beverage after work so these are close by so we always end up going to one of these before we head home.

I started this during her softball tourney years when we were hitting the drivethrus all the time when we failed to pack food/drink accordingly.

I had five softball teammates in my car once, at a Mickey D's I believe, and I just decided out of the blue to pay for the car behind me. Well, the teammates just thought it was the bees knees. While we drove away, they were all able to turn around and wave frantically at the car behind us while the woman in the car frantically waved back as the drivethru cashier explained to her that we paid for her meal.

So, that's the only time any waving and acknowledgement occurred, but we don't do it for that, we just do it every now and then because it's part of our routine now, and my daughter expects me to do it!

Do you know who gets the biggest kick out of it? The cashiers. They light up like Christmas Day, they think it's so cool, and they are always, always eager to pass on the news to the next driver.

You have to try it just once, honestly. Watching the reaction from the cashiers is so cool to see, they are genuinely excited 100% of the time.

Frontier9, don71, dented and 2 others like this.
  8. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

WAIT!....do you mean you received an unexpected mystery package in the mail, and you actually OPENED it without calling the bomb squad first? Are you aware of the times we live in?
    This is certainly a "different" business model, if the "artist" is going to just send out, unsolicited, copies of his product to random recipients. Hope I'll be on the list when Fender starts adopting this model. ;)

Telekarster and dented like this.
  9. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

I mailed you a box and told the mailman to light it on fire and ring your doorbell. Did you step on it yet?

10. _MementoMori_

_MementoMori_ Tele-Afflicted

I did. It's my new partscaster now, though I think I'll be changing back to Django JEM. I didn't realize he was so popular, haha!

nojazzhere, StevesBoogie and dented like this.
  11. electrichead

electrichead Tele-Holic

Back when I was going to college and was dirt poor I went through a McDonald's drive thru late one evening and ordered only a large soda as that's all the money I had.
    Drive around and she said I was the 1000th customer of the day and it was free.
    I am like hooooold on can I change my order..
    Bummer that wasn't going to work..

12. dented

So, two new things. I am going to closely look at the packaging cardboard to see if there is something I missed like maybe a sheet of heroin or something lol. I am going to take it to the post office to see exactly where it came from.

I went on YouTube and the artist has a bunch of vids and I just watched an interview. They're a guitar player, what a surprise! Is this getting interesting or what?

13. Killing Floor

Killing Floor Friend of Leo's

Yeah, we were talking amongst ourselves and thought you’d enjoy Katrina and the Waves follow up album. Had to do a little hacking to get your address.

14. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

This is great to read today. Would love to know...the rest of the story. :)

dented likes this.
  15. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

We were on vacation two years ago at Virginia Beach. We stopped at the military base there to do a tour. We went to the commissary afterwards, and decided to pay for a few soldier's goods.

The cool part was the first person we offered told us he was a senior officer and could afford his bill - pay for the enlisted / junior members behind. We did. Good on him for being honest.

Giving back feels good. Someone made @dented 's day. Nice.

16. suave eddie

suave eddie Friend of Leo's

How does one send an international package without a return address and name?

Telekarster and dented like this.
  17. Dostradamas

Dostradamas Tele-Meister

Wait you got a free record and could not listen to it?
    Wax is back in a big way.
    Even a little portable player is worth it.

Very cool mystery to hear about.
    Who knows what is actually cut into that vinyl until you listen to it.

dented likes this.
  18. Churchjack

Churchjack Tele-Meister

It was like that when I got here!

dented and unixfish like this.
  19. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Wait, that was me. I sent it to my sister-in-law in Holland, and had her drive to Belgium before sending it back to be delivered to the I-10 on-ramp.

Sounds feasible, right? :lol::lol::lol:

dented likes this.
  20. dented

Okay upon further inspection....the label.

It is a label from the Belgium Post. It has a Belgium Post Group label with a return address in Belgium unnamed. The customs side of the label describes it as merchandise, 12 inch vinyl record, quantity 1, value in USD $xx.xx, Country of origin GB......Great Britain????? and and and and and and....there's a signature of the sender.....hmmmmmmm.

Telekarster and telemnemonics like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.