Okay, this has been bugging me a long time

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
Soon the changes escalated, I could no longer adapt, or accept, now I just keep silent.

I just wish everybody would mellow out. Growing up my parents never openly discussed politics, religion, gender anything, etc. I honestly don't remember any adults doing that. It was just good enough to keep one's opinions to oneself. And there seemed to be more social decorum in general.

I mean, growing up we were always taught, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

It really is the best way. Everyone thinks the world is entitled to their opinions now and the art of shutting one's mouth is long lost. And yes, I realize the irony of the fact I'm sharing my opinion with the world here...

SecretSquirrel

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I'd be trying to learn from them! — asking about what life and the world was like in their time.

When I was a kid, I had a fantasy about showing Ben Franklin around in the modern world. "It's okay—cars always go this fast!" 😄

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
I used to think of myself as a reasonably well-adjusted grown man. I could take things in stride. Then they started changing things that I had been taught were fundamentally wrong, and that I not only had to accept the new way, but to embrace it! Soon the changes escalated, I could no longer adapt, or accept, now I just keep silent.

BTW, the lady who covered the TV screen, you'd do well to follow her example with modern televisions. CBS ran an article where someone developed a software hack to see into people's living rooms and demonstrated it on a Samsung tv!
If someone wants to watch me dripping chili down my chest while I watch horrible atrocities they can go for it. Nothing to see here.

FuzzWatt

Tele-Holic
I'd be trying to learn from them! — asking about what life and the world was like in their time.

When I was a kid, I had a fantasy about showing Ben Franklin around in the modern world. "It's okay—cars always go this fast!" 😄

Can you imagine though how happy they'd be when they discovered toilet paper?

THX1123

Tele-Afflicted
I wrote a song/rant about being rich enough to afford a cryogenically frozen head like Walt and/or uploading consciousness to a digital construct of reality.

Mostly, anyway. But I am proud of the "solos."

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I saw the movie where they unfreeze a Neanderthal as a young guy. He seemed to adapt quick enough in the movie, even though he struggled.

Given the average intellect of most humans is well average, what exactly is required in terms of learning for the oldest ones who came first? I imagine they would have a lot of catching up to do and I was wondering what Algebra would be for say a Neanderthal versus someone from medieval times? How many shocks would the poor Neanderthals have to face? Let alone language going from "This my Rock" to "Electric Light at night? You are kidding me" would have to be really tough.

My wife told me her father would put a towel over the TV because his mother was pretty sure the people in the TV could see them eat at dinner and that was rude. Can't imagine what CGI would be like for her or even my own mom.

I wonder how Walt Disney and some of the others who have chosen freezing will react when and if they unfreeze successfully. Not that I would consider such an option, asking for a friend. He wasn't all that good in school.

I guess it is lucky not a bunch have been frozen and of course Zombies remain pretty focused. But imagine if someone randomly from each century was unfrozen.

Could they incorporate into society?
But they’d know stuff, and do stuff, we don’t. Probably eat the cat and rub two Boy Scouts together and cause a fire………….or summink!

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
I just wish everybody would mellow out. Growing up my parents never openly discussed politics, religion, gender anything, etc. I honestly don't remember any adults doing that. It was just good enough to keep one's opinions to oneself. And there seemed to be more social decorum in general.

I mean, growing up we were always taught, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

It really is the best way. Everyone thinks the world is entitled to their opinions now and the art of shutting one's mouth is long lost. And yes, I realize the irony of the fact I'm sharing my opinion with the world here...
Yeah, true. It’s only in the last 59 years people have said nasty things and fought wars. Oh for those halcyon days of no violence, swearing, cheating or hating. Never existed. Just that today we get to know about the bad stuff quicker.

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
1654633312019.png

I thought was debunked and they actually figured out that was “Roadie man” who first crewed for Uriah Heap and later Def Lepperd ? Do I have that right ?

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
The sad thing is that the unfrozen caveman would die quickly from die quickly from bacteria, viruses and so forth that he had no immunity to. This is even a concern for modern primitives like the North Sentinel Island inhabitants who've been separated for at least 30k years if not more.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
This cat woulda been fine. Hire him as a roadie or drum tech for the band Saxon.

View attachment 991676
Pretty sure I've partied with him somewhere, sometime 😊

But, on a slightly more serious note, I've been thinking a lot lately that it's increasingly just not my world anymore, I'm becoming 'removed' and detached from it, not because I feel left behind, but simply that I don't want to go along with it anymore.

Can I just go outside now and play for a while, please?

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
I have a theory that there is only so much intelligence available to humans as a species, and it's getting spread thinner and thinner as our numbers increase alarmingly.

Prove me wrong...please?