Okay, this has been bugging me a long time

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
I saw the movie where they unfreeze a Neanderthal as a young guy. He seemed to adapt quick enough in the movie, even though he struggled.

Given the average intellect of most humans is well average, what exactly is required in terms of learning for the oldest ones who came first? I imagine they would have a lot of catching up to do and I was wondering what Algebra would be for say a Neanderthal versus someone from medieval times? How many shocks would the poor Neanderthals have to face? Let alone language going from "This my Rock" to "Electric Light at night? You are kidding me" would have to be really tough.

My wife told me her father would put a towel over the TV because his mother was pretty sure the people in the TV could see them eat at dinner and that was rude. Can't imagine what CGI would be like for her or even my own mom.

I wonder how Walt Disney and some of the others who have chosen freezing will react when and if they unfreeze successfully. Not that I would consider such an option, asking for a friend. He wasn't all that good in school.

I guess it is lucky not a bunch have been frozen and of course Zombies remain pretty focused. But imagine if someone randomly from each century was unfrozen.

Could they incorporate into society?

Flyboy

Tele-Holic
I've heard of old folks who would turn AC wall-socket switches off (We have them in UK) when nothing was plugged into them for they thought electricity would run out and cost them money.

I've also heard folk say that the reason birds don't get electrocuted when the sit on AC transmission wires is because the electricity is heavy and sinks to the bottom of the wires.😵‍💫

Rocky058

Tele-Afflicted
1654614835172.png

Texicaster

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Encino Man!

I was flicking channels the other day and it was on. I think Pauly Shore answers your question about "average" humans. As George Carlin said; "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

Another good documentary....

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
There's this:

And then I always think "wow, we are enlightened, what did people do when nothing was in color..." Then, I'll turn on an old movie on TCM and in the 1930s (when old people lived cause my dad was born in 1931), oh they have the same problems or concerns. Or read an old book and find that in the (US) Civil War era that the Union had to report back to the Washington beurocracy just like they would today (I had never thought of that). Or in the BC times, they had taxes and roads and laws and stuff. I imagine cavemen had stuff they had to deal with just like us today.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Mr. Disney will not be happy when he sees what they've done with his mickeymouse company.

I can't handle the changes in my regular lifetime, wouldn't want to try adjusting to a future one.

Now, if we woke up in a world where they could take us back in time....
I used to think of myself as a reasonably well-adjusted grown man. I could take things in stride. Then they started changing things that I had been taught were fundamentally wrong, and that I not only had to accept the new way, but to embrace it! Soon the changes escalated, I could no longer adapt, or accept, now I just keep silent.

BTW, the lady who covered the TV screen, you'd do well to follow her example with modern televisions. CBS ran an article where someone developed a software hack to see into people's living rooms and demonstrated it on a Samsung tv!

johnny k

Poster Extraordinaire
I saw the movie where they unfreeze a Neanderthal as a young guy. He seemed to adapt quick enough in the movie, even though he struggled.

Given the average intellect of most humans is well average, what exactly is required in terms of learning for the oldest ones who came first? I imagine they would have a lot of catching up to do and I was wondering what Algebra would be for say a Neanderthal versus someone from medieval times? How many shocks would the poor Neanderthals have to face? Let alone language going from "This my Rock" to "Electric Light at night? You are kidding me" would have to be really tough.

My wife told me her father would put a towel over the TV because his mother was pretty sure the people in the TV could see them eat at dinner and that was rude. Can't imagine what CGI would be like for her or even my own mom.

I wonder how Walt Disney and some of the others who have chosen freezing will react when and if they unfreeze successfully. Not that I would consider such an option, asking for a friend. He wasn't all that good in school.

I guess it is lucky not a bunch have been frozen and of course Zombies remain pretty focused. But imagine if someone randomly from each century was unfrozen.

Could they incorporate into society?
Encino man ?