OKAY.... Tele hate....

Obsessed

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I spent a bunch of time hiding the neck pup screws and money to put on a pick guard with less screws … just to make it a PITA to adjust the height.

El Marin

Friend of Leo's
I cannot see a problem with my neck pickup...

01c7Hcf.jpg

KelvinS1965

Tele-Afflicted
I cannot see a problem with my neck pickup...

01c7Hcf.jpg

Nice that you've recycled an old toilet seat too. ;)

I'm not keen on the lip on the edge of a vintage Tele bridge plate, but I can get used to it: One of my guitars I took the lip off and that solved the 'problem' for me anyway...not that obvious to the on looker, but more comfortable for me to play.

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
I have been playing Telecasters for years.

My biggest pet peeve is that I can play masterfully set after set, and look really cool with my Tele, but the hot chicks only approach me on breaks to ask for the drummer's telephone number.

:(

Don't think it's the Tele making that happen. That guy must be Hawt as Hey-all! :)

Skyhook

Tele-Afflicted
What gets on your last nerve with a Tele....for me it’s freaking neck pickup screws....like how many times are you gonna move the height of your neck pickup....set it and go...while adjusting simply remove the pick guard.... neck pickup screws are freakin ugly....js

The three intonation screws poking through the saddles and possibly extending above the strings.
It's fugly and hampers palm muting if extended as mentioned(I've seen it coupled with string height so low that the strings were below the ashtray rim).
Yet... it doesn't look enough like a Tele if it has a 6-saddle bridge so the look needs 3-saddle bridges.
I guess that's my main peeve.

EDIT:
Probably why the cover was invented. To spare the world from worrying about palm muting as well as having to look at the seedy underbelly of the thing.

yegbert

Poster Extraordinaire
soon pickups will have small servo motors to raise and lower the pickup from a toggle switch....

and automatic so they play themselves.... to make it all easier for people..:twisted::lol:
Nah, crank them up and down manually, kinda like a Chevy pickup window crank. :)

radiocaster

Poster Extraordinaire
Single volume control.

And the headstock, but I don't currently own any T-style guitars with the traditional headstock.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I get you, but I prefer them if I've reversed the control plate, gives me a larger thing to aim for.

Another thing to rant about!;)
Switching the control plate just puts the selector too far away.
I greatly prefer the switch “up top”, like on a Les Paul.
Who designed this Telecaster thing, anyways?
;););););)

darkwaters

Friend of Leo's
Funny, I wouldn’t buy a Tele that didn’t have those pickup adjustment screws. When I bought my Tele it didn’t have them. I have to disassemble the guitar just to adjust the pickup?!? You…have…to…be…kidding!!! Fixed now!

Ditto for Teles that have to have the neck removed in order to access the truss rod. Nope.