Okay, so who is "IN" ???

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by jkingma, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Tele-Meister

I really wanted to do the challenge this year, I assumed it would be in the summer again, but having two builds on the go right now and the fact that my wife would kill me in my sleep:lol: if I started another one right now rules me out.

I would so be in the vintage category with a black guard or tele deluxe :(

Next year...

2. RogerC

RogerC Poster Extraordinaire

I'm another who's out this year. I was really looking forward to it because of the diversity of classes, but I've got the bass build I'm working on. I've got a deadline on it, and the design/process details have slowed me way down. I couldn't in good conscience put it on the back burner to work on a challenge build.

I'll definitely be following along, though. This promises to be a really good year.

3. OpenG Capo4

OpenG Capo4 Friend of Leo's

Well I'll be out of the challenge this year as well. I've got 3 builds in progress and 2 more on deck so I need to concentrate on getting those done. And neither of the builds I have upcoming can be worked into the rules. So y'all will be seeing plenty from me in the main forum in March/April.

4. Scatter Lee

Scatter Lee Friend of Leo's

I have more than a couple builds going on right now, no money to finish them all, no wood , no time, very few parts, no idea what to do or what catagory

yeah i might be in :twisted:

5. Raunline

Raunline TDPRI Member

I'm not even a member of this great community (until I had to become one to post) and I'm looking forward to this! I just happened upon your previous builds and have continually picked my jaw up off of the floor. You do amazing work and if we could just fast forward to the final day of your build I'd appreciate it.

6. motor_city_tele

motor_city_tele Tele-Afflicted

i gotz no maple, my glue is a solid piece of cheesecake, I gotz a foot of snow on my workbench, it is 5 degrees f actual temp with 20 mph winds and the shed is frozen shut.

I'm in - re-issue

7. Coach56

Coach56 One of the Boys

I would have liked to but this build is changing by the day. It is now going to be a SurfCaster, Tele body and neck with a Jaguar/Jazzmaster trem and some home brew wiring. Not sure how it would fit in.

-Harry

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  8. Model T

Model T Tele-Holic

Why not. I got enough stuff laying around to do a build. Might use that Chestnut I didn't use last year.

9. LeftyAl

LeftyAl Friend of Leo's

I'm not in.I live in a condo.But I will be watching ,It's amazing what you guys build.And I noticed a lot of familiar names back in the big build again.Good luck everybody

10. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I'm just aiming for a fun thread. :lol: That and finishing on time will be a win for me.

And Barny, don't spill the beans! There's always next year. I've been sitting on my idea since last year.

11. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Tele neck? You qualify for open class.

12. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

not "IN".... not a beginner.... not making a neck for an exercise... when good quality well made necks are cheap and abundant.....

I've got 3 guitars to build for others..... no time for neck building.... I've got a pile of usable necks here already..... ;)

have fun guys and gals....:)

13. Lucretia

Lucretia Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

He's in..

14. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/2009-tdpri-tele-build-challenge/

I think it may have been Paul's idea but I am not sure... maybe someone else has a better memory. There was a $100 limit and only 30 days to build. As I remember you didn't have to build the neck but if you purchased one that used a lot of your $100.

I entered in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012... I missed 2013 because it was in the summer and I was looking forward to 2014... still considering it.. but I may not enter any more.

15. axedaddy

axedaddy Tele-Afflicted

Not in for me. It is KILLING me not to be in this year, but I have 4 unfinished projects, one of which is really close, a son who has been in the hospital all month (got home today, so that is awesome even though he is still sick) and I just had a wicked bout of GAS.. Walked into a pawn shop and walked out with 4 guitars including a PRS Custom 22, ordered a new amp off the interweb to top it off. Mama say some of these gots to go and be finished!

I will of course be watching and monitoring all transmissions. Rock on brothers!

16. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted

I just signed up. This will be my second challenge and my second build. Cab class for sure. Poplar body, maple neck.
    This year rules are really grand, lots of flexibility and guidelines.

17. Jfellows

Jfellows Tele-Afflicted

I'm in! Had such a great time last year, I couldn't pass it up. I ended up deciding to combine two separate ideas I had into one cool one. All I had to do was decide to use a Tele headstock, so this works for me!! I've been so busy with travel for work the past few weeks, I am ready for a big fat distraction. :D

And somewhere along the line I've got to finish up that Mandocaster......

18. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Thanks Mike. Interesting to see only 9 entrants! There'll be more than that in each category this year!

Anyone else remember if there was much discussion about the idea of a challenge before it began, or was it simply an idea Paul tried out?

19. mmoncur

mmoncur Tele-Meister

I'm in as I mentioned in the other thread. I haven't actually made a guitar out of an actual big piece of wood before (3 guitars built, all out of yardsticks) so I think I'm going to shoot for a nice boring wooden guitar.

Open class and not Tele-shaped, though.

20. dazzaman

dazzaman Tele-Afflicted

Me in, and I will be in Open Class.
    I know what I am going to do, just haven't quite decided if I am going tele or non-tele body shape yet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.