Okay, I'm officially in love

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by Sparky2, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

My wife recently took up yoga at a nearby fitness place, and has endeavored a lot of outdoor power walks with the dogs of late.

Accordingly, her ancient (well traveled) workout room treadmill and indoor recumbent exercise bike were sold off. This opened up a lot of space in what was a workout room.

I decided over the past few days to take her advice, and to move some gear from my crowded music room into that large empty space.

I now have 'The Acoustic Room', which is situated nicely to allow me to play without necessarily turning on a lot of amps and PA gear, and to bother neither the slumbering wife, nor the neighbors to the immediate south of my music room.

I tend to be up early, and also retire much later than my bride, and so it'll be nice to have a special place to enjoy strumming and picking the acoustic guitars.

And there is room for a buddy or two, come time for picking and collaborating.

Okay, so to the point of being in love.

Of course I love my wife.
    She supports my musical madness and my guitar addictions, the gigging, and the band practices on the odd weekends.

But my new love, the one I acquired today just for The Acoustic Room, is this Hercules guitar stand.

Man oh man is it solidly built, beautifully designed, and just right for the job.
    When I un-boxed it, I imagined that there would be a lot of assembly required.
    But no, it just unfolded and snapped into place like some sort of fabulous Transformer from the Michael Bay movies.

Two thumbs up to Hercules, and to their model GS432B triple-guitar guitar stand.
    Love it.
    :)

[​IMG]

AAT65 likes this.
  2. Sparky2

Sparky2 Friend of Leo's

I'm still deciding on the layout, but it's a really groovy place.

All my wife's triathlon memorabilia adorns the walls, and my Crate Telluride acoustic amp is there (along with a decent Fender amp) for times when it's okay to make some acoustic noise during regular waking hours.

;)

the acoustic room.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    RoscoeElegante, P Thought and elihu like this.
  3. telepraise

telepraise Tele-Meister

Hercules stands are rock solid. I have a couple of singles that I use when gigging or at a jam. I don't think it's possible to accidentally knock a guitar off one. Be careful tho, if any of your instruments are nitro lacquer, some have reported a reaction between the rubber part of the neck holder and the lacquer. Nice music stand too, BTW. :)

Greggorios likes this.
  4. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have one of those Hercules triple guitar stands. It certainly is well-designed and practical, a good solution for many situations.

5. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

Great looking guitar stand and looks sturdy.
    With those hard wood floors I'd guess you have a reasonably live sounding room...acoustically speaking. :)

Back to it....

6. Greggorios

Greggorios Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Telepraise is right on. Lot's of folks will wrap the foam/plastic/rubber parts with cotton terry clothe tape to avoid potential finish problems on the nitro stuff.

7. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Meister

I got a double Hercules stand around 2004. We were at an outdoor gig shortly after, where my Strat tried to commit suicide by jumping out of the stand and falling to the ground about 5 feet below the stage.

I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it. :eek:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.