Okay, I love the features of the THR30 but...

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by LPBlue, Oct 15, 2019.

1. LPBlue

LPBlue Tele-Holic

...not at nearly twice the co$t of my THR10C!:mad:

Perhaps a simple preamp version in a compact format with multiple outputs would sell a ton?:twisted: Hey, don't listen to me...who would, right?:rolleyes:

emisilly likes this.
  2. Shuster

Shuster Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well, it now has the G10 wireless RX/TX and Bluetooth with an app plus 30w, but that price is steep! I'd wait till Black Friday and see if there is some kind of discount?!

3. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

It looks like the G10 Relay guitar plug-in is not included and costs extra.

I’m wondering if the THR10C amp models are also included in this new series under the boutique selections.

I don’t like the online/mobile programming feature at all. Too complicated and time-consuming for me.

This is a definite NO for me. I’m happy with my THR10C.

emisilly likes this.
  4. thrashmetl

thrashmetl Tele-Holic

Yes, the new THR II’s are an all in one thing. All the amp models from each of the 3 original THR’s are included in the new ones. I’ve downloaded the app already and it’s super easy to use. Dialing in the amp and effects from across the room is pretty convenient too, no walking back and forth across the room to tweak it to perfection. It also allows you to tweak some of the parameters a little deeper than you can do from the control panel.

NewKid likes this.
  5. El Marin

El Marin Tele-Holic

Well... to me The G10 is a NO, the price is a NO and at this moment 30W for home playing is too much as well

I had one G10 and it compressed my tone a lot and I didn't liked it at all. The emisor is fragile built and breaks easily. Sold it in 2 days

6. EsquireBoy

EsquireBoy Tele-Meister

I’m happy with the thr5 at home. In fact I find it to be almost overkill already.

JayFreddy likes this.
  7. NewKid

NewKid Tele-Holic

I use four of the five amp emulations on my THR10C. (Blues Junior is not a boutique amp Yamaha but the Matchless DC 30 emulation more than makes up for this.)

Having the other 10 amp emulations from the other two THR options is overkill for me.

For the THR2 I do like the rechargeable battery and wireless feature. If Yamaha made a five Fender amp version of the THR with Twin, Bassman, Deluxe, Princeton, and Champ I would go for it.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    RYAN1987M likes this.
  8. Hoodster

Hoodster Friend of Leo's

The problem with the 30 is not the price, it's that they used the same tiny speakers as the 10.

Why not a 2x5, 2x6.5, or 2x8??

9. jageya

jageya Tele-Meister

exactly. Its a toy really and another expensive one. Why yamaha doesnt just make a "real" full fledged 2-10 or 2-12 combo at 30 watts is really strange- of course they would charge like 8-900.00:lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.