1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Okay, here's another "what's best" amp thread

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by DrPepper, Sep 22, 2020.

1. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Holic

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I was kinda worried as I had not seen a follow up to the thread you posted a while back... (I'm sure it's me and my sporadic presence here). But, anyhow, Yeah! I'm glad we didn't steer you off course on that one. :D

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  2. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Poster Extraordinaire

Truth is...( note: and I actually got a JOYO JOYO British Sound/ Marshall amp emulator too, from 11 Gauge)

.... and this could just be how the Joyo AS interacts with the ONE amp I have tried it with, my Fender Frontman 25R-

but this pedal's Drive knob does NOT sound good to me past 9:00 clock, and the same with Voice knob past 10:00- but sounds GREAT right there! - if I'm making sense.

Funny, I kind of feel the same about the British pedal- A/B-ing them at these identical CLOCK settings:
    Low 11:00, Mid NOON, High 1:00
    Level 2:00, VOICE 10:00, Drive 9:00,

* I can't tell the 2 pedals apart- BUT at these settings they do make amp sound better.

( I just crank amp EQ knobs, and adjust Volume and Reverb knobs)

Edit- I have other great sounding amps- this whole 'experiment ' is just an attempt to make a cheap, portable ( and powerful) SS/10" Fender amp sound better for ' Winery gigs' - love the size and basic sound

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    PhredE likes this.
  3. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

The MIII really does have a good DR tone! One of the best of its presets.

Bill likes this.
  4. Bill

Bill Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I have an original ‘66 Deluxe Reverb and a Mustang III, version 2. The Deluxe Reverb model doesn’t sound the same to me. The Mustang sounds deeper and woolier and less lively.

That said, it’s a good, clean Fender sound and I like it. Just different.

5. archiemax

archiemax Tele-Meister

I'll chime in in favor of the Mustang III; mine is a v.1 with an Eminence "Swamp Thang." Nowadays I only use it for outdoor gigs or when I'm backing a particular tribute singer we've been working with who insists on a clean but loud and aggressive lead guitar sound. For any other gig, I'm currently using one of these-- The volume and fullness of this little plastic box will blow you away:
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...ifier?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organicpla

Bluebird99 and PhredE like this.
  6. DrPepper

DrPepper Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Well, until I get all of my research done... THR10II incoming, I know, this will be my forth experience with this series of amps. I have 5F2 sound in spades but, too much of a good thing, well you know. The timing will be perfect... the amp is due in Friday and, The Money Pit should be about ready...

tery likes this.
  7. bftfender

bftfender Poster Extraordinaire

best cleans in a box..huge & 3d
    MK3 mic'd (2).jpg

DrPepper likes this.
  8. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Meister

Strymon Iridium, plus you get a great VOX sound and good Marshall included.

If you love Fender clean sounds, the GTX does all the Fender amps really well, and Tone masters are amazing.

9. ASATKat

ASATKat Friend of Leo's

I love my Katana for clean sounds, no outboard fx,

this is one of many beautiful clean tones, I love that it is solid for soloing yet remains a delicate light sound.

Mr Lonely

Tommyd55 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.