OK, this is either hideous or genius, your call... Verso Instruments

Hella1Hella

NEW MEMBER!
I imagine the designer would love to see these comments, as it probably deems it a success in their mind. They don't want it to sound or function exactly like what exists, and honestly it's likely not for most of you. As for the "they probably don't play guitar" comments - Leo Fender didn't play guitar, yet look how many of you are hanging out on a forum dedicated to his creation... Have to wonder if guitar culture filled with curmudgeons stuck in the past is what's keeping young people from wanting to play guitar.

Last edited:

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
I imagine the designer would love to see these comments, as it probably deems it a success in their mind. They don't want it to sound or function exactly like what exists, and honestly it's likely not for most of you. As for the "they probably don't play guitar" comments - Leo Fender didn't play guitar, yet look how many of you are hanging out on a forum dedicated to his creation... Have to wonder if guitar culture filled with curmudgeons stuck in the past is what's keeping young people from wanting to play guitar.
I'm sorry, is this guitar one of your designs?

I meant no disrespect in my comment about equivocating your art piece with a hotdog, or a taco for that matter. I was prolly just hungry and I needed an outlet.

Please accept my apologies and if you can direct me on how to place an order for one, I'll take mine with mustard. Thanks.

Hella1Hella

NEW MEMBER!
I'm sorry, is this guitar one of your designs?

I meant no disrespect in my comment about equivocating your art piece with a hotdog, or a taco for that matter. I was prolly just hungry and I needed an outlet.

Please accept my apologies and if you can direct me on how to place an order for one, I'll take mine with mustard. Thanks.
Nope, not my design. It's weird that because someone defends something you assume they created it, or maybe you have been waiting for an exuse to use that sick burn.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Parting thoughts:

The location of the volume and tone controls, the inaccessibility to higher frets, and the thin-ish metal edges that will dig into your thigh when playing seated all tell me this designer did not get input from guitarists before going to final production.

It's an interesting design experiment, it looks kind of cool in a futuristic way, but I doubt it gets much traction in the marketplace.
He's a guitarist himself, according to his bio. So he got input from at least one guitarist.... ;)

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
I suspect Leo Fender would like it, seems like his kind of diddling around with established designs. If it works, why not (also why? but we're all optimists here). Don't see the objections to the strings angling past the nut, that's almost universal with stringed instruments not made by Fender. The use of the word "genius" as an adjective is hideous, but apparently the worm's out of his hole with that one.

Lawdawg

Friend of Leo's
Late to this thread but I love it, especially the pickup design! Ultimately it has to play and sound good, and there's no way to know for sure without getting your hands on one. Conceptually, at least, I love the thought behind the design.

Cyberi4n

Tele-Holic
Late to this thread but I love it, especially the pickup design! Ultimately it has to play and sound good, and there's no way to know for sure without getting your hands on one. Conceptually, at least, I love the thought behind the design.
The way you do volume swells with the pups is pretty cool - you could extend that design further and have them attached to an arm, and as you push down on the arm it pushes the pup deeper into the body - that way when you release the arm its back to where it should be for normal playing

tomasz

Tele-Holic
Beautiful design and execution. I'd hope they would make the headstock more "packable", since they redesigned so much already. But yeah great concept.