OK, this is either hideous or genius, your call... Verso Instruments

edvard

Friend of Leo's

verso.jpg

I don't have words to express my immediate feelings about these guitars. I don't own one, so I really can't, but I mean every element gets a "WTH":
- Artsy-fartsy folded sheet metal body.
- Neck that looks like it was made by sawing a baseball bat in half. No, really, just LOOK at the thing.
- Neck attached by one screw. ONE.
- Those hemispherical fret ends though... *chef's kiss*.
- Flat pickups. Like REALLY flat.
- Aaaand the kill shot -- The pickup mounting. That's either genius or stupid, there is no middle ground. In my opinion, that is. I've used dead pickups as cool fridge magnets before, but...

Needless to say, I would never buy one for myself, but if someone were to be so generous, I wouldn't turn it down. I don't think I'd get around to playing it for a few days though; I'd spend hours turning it over and over in my hands, going "Look at this thing. Just LOOK at it. I mean, really, just.... what? WHAT? WAAAAAAAT? No freakin' way!"

What do you think?

DugT

Tele-Afflicted
The bigger stings are needlessly forced into a hard right turn at the nut. The tuners should be mounted so that all of the strings can go straight through the nut. That makes me wonder if the designer plays guitar and what other stupid design flaws were made. I'm assuming this wasn't designed just for art.

edvard

Friend of Leo's
The bigger stings are needlessly forced into a hard right turn at the nut. The tuners should be mounted so that all of the strings can go straight through the nut. That makes me wonder if the designer plays guitar and what other stupid design flaws were made. I'm assuming this wasn't designed just for art.
I scoffed at that too, but then I was reminded that some of those '60s Japanese guitars were arranged the same way too, so at least there's historical precedent.
Doesn't make it right though...

Killing Floor

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
Flimflam gimmick. This was posted in another thread a few months ago and I said it looks like a cheap IKEA chair folded over a baseball bat. Check out the videos. They also sound junky. Looks pretty uncomfortable. And you know that bat neck on that foldy body will neck dive like heck. That’s why people who have never played guitar should not design guitars. I like that color though.

edvard

Friend of Leo's
At least it's original in it's look, doubt I plays nicely however
From opinions I've gathered around the interwebs, they actually play pretty nice, and actually sound half decent too. Look up some Youtube vids, there's more than I thought.

edvard

Friend of Leo's
I’m all about coloring outside the lines and I can appreciate the spirit of thinking forward. That said, this doesn’t look like it would feel or sound good lol
Actually, with that full 2+ inch radius on the top, your forearm would be quite comfortable, and since it's so light, I don't think it'd cut off circulation to the leg you'd rest it on, but still...

edvard

Friend of Leo's
Hideous. But they stole my idea of pickups that can slide fore and aft. (In truth, I only thought to have the neck pickup slide...on rails mounted under the pick guard.)
See, that's one actually cool thing about this guitar; as much as I dislike the rest of it, the magnetically-mounted pickup is just pure forehead-slapping "why didn't I think of that?". I even saw a video where the player can simply pull the pickup off and do volume swells by moving the pickup closer to the strings. THAT's pretty cool.

EDIT: This one:

Last edited: