Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My next one is Friday.
I have a duo gig with Nathan at The Pearl, in Lockhart, Tx.
Last time we played there, the venue doubled our pay for playing an extra hour, and we were tipped very well.
I’ve played there before with other leaders, and we weren’t nearly as well received.
Hopefully we’ll have a repeat experience.
Looking forward to it!

chezdeluxe

Doctor of Teleocity
Tomorrow afternoon at Ballistic Brewery playing harp through my Ratajczyk Cream Reverb amp.
An unexpected gig before Xmas due to another band cancelling. Probably my last gig for 2022 which has been a good year for me after 2020/21
The singer with us is in his 60s and still does George Jones songs beautifully. It is a privilege to be on the bandstand with him and hear his voice from 3 feet away.

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Next one is Dec. 9, assisted living center, 1 hour, mid afternoon. Gear lineup will be 2006 Epi Sheraton 1964 Reissue with Roland GK3 midi pickup into a Roland GR30 guitar synth > Digitech Vocalist Live 3 > 1979 Vibrolux Reverb. Vocals start with a Sennheiser 835 into the Vocalist Live 3 > Mackie Pro FX8 mixer > Bose L1 Compact, with synth output into the Mackie. Backing tracks are Band in a Box in my laptop > Mackie.
Dec 10, I play a private Christmas party acoustically, with all equipment sans the Epi, synth and VR, playing on either my avatar or a '98 Taylor 815ce > Vocalist Live 3 > Mackie > Bose. Pic is Sheraton with 1969 DR equipped with 2x10 JBLs, powered by 6L6s.

20190104_134915.jpg

srblue5

Tele-Afflicted
Doing a gig this weekend in a small town about 4 hours away. Given the winter driving conditions, the band and I will be carpooling and I’ll be bringing my cheapest guitar — a Squier CV Jaguar — and my Peavey Bandit. Never have done a full gig with the Jag, so it’ll be interesting to see how it sounds with the band mix in a live setting. Fingers crossed we make it there and back, play decently, and have some fun.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
Next Friday is a big gig for me. It's a big birthday bash for me, with over 70 RSVPs of friends coming. It also may be the last show for our lead singer, Amanda, who is moving down to L.A. We'll go on hiatus for hopefully a short period of time until we find a new singer and restructure as needed.

I just got a Boss GX-100 and am loving how it sounds going into my amps after creating a couple of custom presets. The factory presets are total garbage for the most part. But after studying up on pre-set creation tips on YT (see Tom Quayle, Studio Rats, John Nathan Cordy), I was able to create a couple of presets that really sound organic and natural with no latency or sponginess or fizziness.

I plan to run it through my BluGuitar Amp1 into a 2x12 cabinet. I've tweaked and tested this rig at home and am very pleased with the tones I'm getting.

ShortintheSleeve

Tele-Meister
Hernando's Hideaway here in Memphis on 1/13 (we take December off because scheduling around the holidays is a headache). I'll have my AS Telecaster with my Gretsch Streamliner as backup, my eight-pedal board, and the Vox AC15HW that should be arriving next week sometime, an upgrade from the AC15C1 that I've used and loved for a long time.

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Today I'm heading up Schweitzer Mountain with my Jazz bass and GK to play at the lodge for the ski resort's employee Christmas party. I haven't played up there in the winter for at least 10 years as the load in sucks and the parking logistics during ski season are abysmal. I decided to say yes for two reasons;

1) The money is absurdly good for a two hour gig. I can put up with quite a bit of logistic inconvenience when I'm getting quadruple pay.

2) The lineup of musicians in the band should make the actual gig off the charts fun. Although we've all played together in different combinations in previous (and current) groups, the four of us have never all been on a stage at the same time. This will hopefully be the first of many future shows together.

On a not so bright note, it's already snowing down here in the valley so we'll be leaving for the gig early.

Matt Sarad

Friend of Leo's
next gig? Sometime in 2023. Working with 2 new bassists with different schedules.
I may use the PRS H Head and the PRS gold top double cut with soap bar P90s. I have the choice of 3 different cabinets: Dan Armstrongs with a sealed back 12", an open back with a 15", or a mystery vintage cab with a 12".
No pedals required.
Edit:
Last night at practice I playedcthe PRS through my vintage Tweed Deluxe. With the Mr. Moto TremVerb pedal, I stuck mostly on the neck pickup. It's beefy, fat, chewy, and the Deluxe really sings in the living room. I'm sitting 8n between my brother's 122 Leslie and the bassist. We provided the bassist with an Acoustic 150 head into a JBL monitor cabinet with a 12" and horn. Remarkably tight and punchy, we had a great sound with the best bassist out of 4.

Last edited:

gitlvr

Friend of Leo's
Church Christmas Carol Sing in lieu of our standard Christmas play.
As the pianist I will be responsible for congregational carol arrangements, i will play piano for myself and for another singer when we are doing our solo performances and will play guitar on one of mine, O Holy Night.
I might possibly play bass for the choir; I have not had time to practice with them, so that is to be determined. Most of the carols will be fairly simple, so playing bass should not be an issue, but they may be going acapella.
Piano is a kohler campell, guitar will be the first acoustic guitar build( it ain't pretty but it sounds good and it's mine) and the bass is a Gretch G5440LSB.

Last edited: