Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Got two coming up.
Saturday evening Kat and I will have the full band with us:) for an Oct fest at a brewery. Hoping we're inside, it's a good sounding room and it's supposed to be cold.
Sunday afternoon my other band is doing a benefit for the food bank. Looking forward to a sunny afternoon with PA provided. Mike from K&T is excited about filling in with us on bass.

Should be a fun weekend 6l6 amp and a couple of teles~now which ones.....

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Playing the annual Applefest this Sunday at a local orchard owned by a friend. I'll be using my 51RI P-Bass, 1 Bag End S12 cabinet and a Quilter Tone Block 200. It's always a nice afternoon. Weather looks like 64deg and sunny.

A past Applefest ...

1665143076464.png

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Looks like my next band gig (my band) will be sometime in 2023. I cancelled our schedule for the balance of the year due to health issues in the family of an integral band member that I do not wish to sub. So, I ended up cancelling more gigs in 2023 than we played starting in back in January. Man what a three year run this has been! ENOUGH!!

I have an acoustic trio coming up with two folks that I started playing music with back in the mid 70s. It will be two acoustic guitars and three vocals. Should be fun, and I'll be using my new Recording King Series 11 Dreadnought.

Then I have a bass gig, subbing for the regular guy. Not looking forward to that one too much as it's going to be a lot of work, but a friend needed the help, so there you go!

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Wednesday I'll be on guitar and bass with my brother at my buddy Benny's weekly local artist showcase. This will be the last one of the year as it's an outdoor gig and it's beginning to get a little chilly in the evening around these parts. Looking forward to it. My brother and I haven't had the chance to play together very frequently as of late.

telequacktastic

Tele-Afflicted
This Saturday I'm playing a 2 hour show with a Garth Brooks Tribute act. Looking forward to it. Accuracy to the original artist is very important so it has been a labor of love getting all these charts written.

Planning on taking my Brent Mason Signature Tele and my classic country board (Tuner, Analogman modded Boss Ge-7, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Wampler Hot Wired, JRAD the Dude, Dunlop Volume Pedal, JAM Waterfall, Strymon DIG, Strymon El Capistan, Strymon Flint) and my Twin with Alnico Creams.

I feel fortunate getting to play shows like this.

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
After four big-band gigs in three weeks, we are off until a big hospital gala on 11-5.

But next week, my wife and I will make a return visit to a hospice patient who was a piano bar pianist in his younger years. He likes all kinds of music, though he requested a song sung to him by his parents, Little Pine Log Cabin, by Albert E. Brumley, who also wrote I’ll Fly Away. I’m glad to learn the song for him.

Last edited:

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
I have two this evening. The powers that be at Connie's have decided to extend the local artists showcase one more week. Tonight it will include nearly half of the folks who have played this season. Everyone will be doing 3-4 song sets. The festivities begin at 5:00, and I'll be playing bass with 3 bands.

I also have a previously booked 7:00-10:00 solo gig at Eichardt's Pub, so I'll be bowing out at 6:15-ish. Fortunately it's only 2 blocks away from Connie's. Unfortunately it means that I'll be setting up my BOSE and stuff for the solo gig at 3:30, then setting up for the showcase at 4:00. Thankfully my brother will be playing guitar and bass at the showcase as well, so he'll bring the needed cords and mics, as well as his '57 Pbass. I only have to bring my GK MB112 and my 4010 Marshall 800 and he'll take them back to my house when they're finished.

I also have to open my little music store at 10:00 this morning. The gigs will be fun, but by the time I get packed up and home it'll be 11:00. That's a lot of non-stop hours on my feet for this old man. I foresee a looooong nap happening tomorrow.

FaithNicole

Tele-Meister
Fri/Sat back2back coming up this weekend - different venues but we've played both before. Our drummer either tore a shoulder muscle, tore his rotator, or both so we have a fill-in. It is not someone that I will enjoy playing music with, yet the show(s) must go on. Our drummer will be singing while being frustrated that he can't play. It means a 5-way split rather than 4-way, still, I prefer that to him not being there at all.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
I have two this evening. The powers that be at Connie's have decided to extend the local artists showcase one more week. Tonight it will include nearly half of the folks who have played this season. Everyone will be doing 3-4 song sets. The festivities begin at 5:00, and I'll be playing bass with 3 bands.

I also have a previously booked 7:00-10:00 solo gig at Eichardt's Pub, so I'll be bowing out at 6:15-ish. Fortunately it's only 2 blocks away from Connie's. Unfortunately it means that I'll be setting up my BOSE and stuff for the solo gig at 3:30, then setting up for the showcase at 4:00. Thankfully my brother will be playing guitar and bass at the showcase as well, so he'll bring the needed cords and mics, as well as his '57 Pbass. I only have to bring my GK MB112 and my 4010 Marshall 800 and he'll take them back to my house when they're finished.

I also have to open my little music store at 10:00 this morning. The gigs will be fun, but by the time I get packed up and home it'll be 11:00. That's a lot of non-stop hours on my feet for this old man. I foresee a looooong nap happening tomorrow.
4010 is a great amp. I had a 4210 that I modified to basically be a 4010. Loved it, probably never should have sold it, but I have an Orange that has a lot of sonic overlap with it so I let it go.

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Saturday afternoon I'll be on bass with the trio for a local Oktoberfest/Halloween pumpkin patch gala. It's outdoors and the weather forecast doesn't look particularly inviting, but the stage is enclosed and there are multiple gas heaters around the venue. As long as it isn't pouring rain or snowing (always a possibility this time of year up here near the Canadian border), it'll be a good time and the pay is REALLY good. I'll just bring the standard GK combo and whichever Fender bass strikes me on Saturday morning.

Last edited:

ClashCityTele

Friend of Leo's
Tonight at the Black Bull Pub in Gateshead. Run by our bass player, Keith.
Playing as a 4 piece as our other guitarist is away for the weekend. Done it before, we get by.
I may use my black '76 Tele Std with red pickguard & my HH VS Musician amp. Very Wilko Johnson!
Squier CV Customer Tele & Vox MV50 as spares. Box full of Mooer pedals as the stage in the bar is small.
The main gig room is all decorated for the Halloween party next week. 🎃
311740271_532208628915463_155673618016676347_n.jpg
If you're near Newcastle/Gateshead, come along. LFD.

drlucky

Tele-Afflicted
Tonight, on bass with The Richie Blue Band at Goldstein's Mortuary and Delicatessen here in the 'No, 9-11pm, blues/rockabilly/surf/r&b.

Fender Player Series Jazz Bass, MarkBass Little Mark 250 through MarkBass Traveler 2-10 cab.

Sure to be a fun gig...it's a joy to be playing with guys this good!