Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
Next Saturday afternoon we will be playing for an event that is spread all over the Downtown part of a nearby small town.
(Que Keystone Cops Piano Music)

They know we are a Four piece Band.
There will be bands before and after we play.
All of the Bands have to bring their own sound system.
We have to Set-up, play, tear-down and, be gone in one hour.
We can do it. We excel under pressure.

For this, we get full scratch for our efforts as soon as we are done.
The organization is setting out Tip Jars for each Band.
all of that goes to the Organization.

We will be Outside in front of an old Movie Theatre. Cool place, they still show first-run Movies in it.

The Bass player and I usually ride together in his truck.
Our Mission will be to Load his Truck (with Canopy) so that things come out in the order in which they need to be set up.
Not that hard if you simply think ahead.

6-input Berhinger Board, two Powered Fronts on sticks, two powered Monitors.
Three Vocals in the Board and, Play.

I am going With my Home Brew Tele, no fx, through my Fender SS Frontman Amp parked on a folding chair.

I wish somebody could do a time lapse video of us setting up, playing and, tearing down.
I think it would be pretty funny.

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Just a couple this week. Tonight I'll be on bass at my favorite pub for "Monday Night Blues". It's always a fun little gig. The Tele bass and the GK MB-112 are all I need.

Wednesday I'll be the guest host at my buddy Benny's local artist showcase. I'll run my '64 LG-1 direct to the board and into the Bose L1. This week's artist is another good friend, so it should be a blast.

Last edited:

FaithNicole

Tele-Meister
Large Moose Club next on Sat, 4 set gig. We may or may not play. Ian is on his way, if it keeps shifting S&E like it has been there won't be much left of our area for anyone to go out and play music. If it misses us by staying where it is or shifting back N&W then people may come out as a stress relief and wind down. total crap shoot right now.

srblue5

Tele-Afflicted
Not sure when my next gig is going to be -- it's strange more of my gigs have been canceled now that things are opening up vs. last year when only Covid restrictions canceled things -- but I am hoping to use my Vintera Modified '50s Tele with either my Vox Mini Superbeetle or my Peavey Bandit (depending on the size/nature of the gig). Hopefully there will be at least one more gig before the year is out. 😕

Ron R

Poster Extraordinaire
Next Friday, playing outside at the final pit stop for an annual bicycle trek across the state. Supposedc to be a very large crowd.
Being an outside gig, I will likely take the Haley Benton LP Goldtop and the Ibanez AS63 (the 2 least expensive electrics I own). Will be going from through my Rocktron Banshee into the POD Go and to the board; bass player his Fly Rig through the board. IEMs, powered sub and two powered 15s.

RolandG

Tele-Meister
Sunday afternoon sees us in a social club. Equipment is virtually unchanged from previous gigs this year: Home made headless guitar, with a second of my own builds as backup, through AxeFX direct to PA. I’ll be using a brighter cabinet IR (simulation) than last time because the room sound is rather dull.

Bob Womack

Friend of Leo's
I played another typical session yesterday, a swoop-in-and-overdub lead guitar thing. The assignment was to create some acoustic guitar leads in the breakdown of a song. I played the 2000 Taylor 314kce grand auditorium that I keep in the studio as a go-to for last minute sessions. Hilariously, the mic setup and strike took longer than the playing.

Bob

burntfrijoles

Doctor of Teleocity
Large Moose Club next on Sat, 4 set gig. We may or may not play. Ian is on his way, if it keeps shifting S&E like it has been there won't be much left of our area for anyone to go out and play music. If it misses us by staying where it is or shifting back N&W then people may come out as a stress relief and wind down. total crap shoot right now.
I hope you guys came out of Ian okay.