Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Jazzcaster21

Tele-Holic
so whats your next gig or gigs this weekend and what gear will you bring ?

Fri night I am on Pedal Steel with a Country Music group on a dance circuit gig, Emmons Push Pull Steel and PV Nashville 112..

Sat afternoon I am on an outdoor trio acoustic gig, Taylor 414CE, Baggs Venue DI box and a mic.
Sunday is a double for me.

Sunday morning, brunch time, is a live jazz trio and burlesque show which I have done several times in the past few months but this will be the first brunch gig, which starts at 11. This will at a brewery.

Sunday afternoon is another jazz gig, at a private residence, 4-7 but this time with just drums and piano/trumpet and vocals.

For both gigs I will have my Heritage 535, Vintage Sound 20 amp (I love that amp) and the following pedals:
Boss chromatic tuner>
Keeley Compressor>
Strymon El Capistan or Carbon Copy Delay>
either a Strymon Flint or EHX Freeze.
and maybe a Strymon Blue Sky.

Playing with Thomastik-Infeld Bebop strings (.12), Red Bear picks (these are awesome).

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I have a couple this week with two different bands, both on bass. Tomorrow evening I'll be with my regular trio as we kick off our weekly "on the deck" series at a local eatery. The Stingray through the GK MB-112 is my go to for these.

Saturday afternoon I'll be with my brother and our drummer in the beer garden at a local lounge for our town's annual car show. I'll be playing the AM Elite Jazz and the Tele bass for this one. In addition to the MB-112, I'll add the MP-115 powered cab for a little extra oomph. There are generally 800-1000 cars in town for the show. I think I'll go early and take in the sights before the gig. Should be fun!

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
We had a weird SNAFU. We thought we had a gig Saturday night at a local brewery, but we got our wires crossed in the communications with their scheduler and didn't actually get the gig booked. Luckily we figured that out before showing up with all our gear only to see another band setting up.

So with just a few days before the weekend we called another venue that we play at and it turns out that they would love to have us play from around 9:45 pm to 11:30 pm. They have a comedy act going early in the evening. Should be interesting because we usually play there from 7-9 pm. Hopefully the later night crowd will be more fun.

As far as gear goes I set up the Yamaha StagePas P.A. for the band. We mike vocals and kick, have the kb going into it, and then mic both guitar amps to get more even dispersion, keeping the stage volume of the guitar amps low.

For my gear I'll be using Strat and Tele into my BluGuitar Mercury going into a 2x12 cabinet. I might even ditch my small effects pedalboard to speed the setup a little bit. We need to set up as quickly as possible when the comedy act ends around 9:15 pm.

Love the BluGuitar Amp1. It sounds just like a 100W Marshall and weighs only a couple of pounds. Full analog except for digital reverb. Unbelievable sound.

1652980516879.png

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Playing with the trio at winery we love.
Beautiful spot tucked away in the mountains. The owners are generous, and make some good wines, my personal favorite is called~
Gibson Hollow white😉

I'll bring my big redwood guitar and 1x12 6v6 amp. Small, powered board for vocals, with 10" mains and monitors.
Figure keep it simple~it's supposed to be 90 degrees Saturday 🌞🥵

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
A family fun festival on a huge field on the ocean ... we'll be up on the deck of a big house that overlooks it but is set back a ways. Reverend Slingshot, Martin D16, Vibrolux Reverb, mini-pedals board ... and despite it being all-instrumental we'll have a PA for additional sound projection. Hoping to be paid in lobster rolls!

dougstrum

Friend of Leo's
Sunday the hillbilly boogie band is playing a festival at a local resort.
Great guys running sound, and always a good crowd. I'll bring a couple teles, 6v6 amp and even an OD pedal😂

Monday will be a winery gig with the quartet. I'm bringing a jazz guitar and my trusty 6v6 amp. It's an hour and a half drive, but nice owners, we've been playing memorial and labor day there for 10-12 yrs now; it's like a tradition😎

Old Verle Miller

Tele-Meister
Getting in voice over the weekend/holiday. Rehearsing for a voice-over dub next week for an animated project. It includes singing. I rehearse with guitar but those tracks are already done. Does it count as a gig if I'm not playing an instrument?

Gene O.

Tele-Afflicted
Today is a double header at the same venue, a country club with a bit of a blue collar vibe. The club is about 14 miles from my house.

First, the girl singer and I will set up around noon, do a short acoustic set at 12:45 pm consisting of 4 love songs (I think it's an anniversary party), collect our money ($100 each) and go home. Then we head back later this evening where we'll be joined by our bass player to do a show from 6-9, collect our money and go home. These folks generally tip well, so it'll be a decent payday today.

The singer's boyfriend bought her an Electro-Voice Evolve 30M portable column PA. Many of the acoustics acts around use them and they sound pretty good. If we play somewhere small, and with limited space, I'll play through it. I have to say that I don't care for the sound of my guitar when I do. It just doesn't sound very acoustic. I probably need to tweak the setting better. 🤷🏻

As always, I'll use my Godin A6 Ultra, Fishman Loudbox Performer, and a TC Helicon Harmony Singer 2 and Boss RC30 looper mounted to a pedalboard. When the bass player joins us I usually don't have to use the looper, but it's there in case I need it.

Today I'll take my [purchased] new Godin A6 Ultra. The used one I've been using the last couple of years is starting to get a little worn out. So it'll become my backup guitar from here on out.

Cornelius TX

Tele-Meister
Tonight - classic country + some various classic rock (dead, jj cale, eagles, etc.) Outdoor food truck place outside of Austin. Excited because everytime I drive by at night, the place is packed. First time to play there.

Bringing my modified Indio tele with Bill Lawrence pups through Joyo American sound into a hot rod deluxe.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Tonight, private party for a neighborhood at a lake, east of Boulder. First gig, new band! Four piece; me on electric & acoustic guitar, mandolin player, dobro & banjo player and bass player. We all sing. Americana, rock, bluegrass, swing, etc.

Taking Gibson flattop, Logan T-style, small board, BF Tremolux into 2X10 cab.

Looking forward to it!

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I have a double this evening. First, a fun little outdoor gig with the trio on the deck at my favorite downtown eatery from 5:00-7:30. I'll keep it simple and run the Stingray direct into the PA. When I'm done, it's a quick run down the street to play a solo gig from 8:00-10:00. The LG-1 into the BOSE should be just the ticket.

Jakedog

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Tonite? Hosting a jam in a big clubs in the burbs.

PRS Silver Sky, Engle Gigmaster head, Egnater 112 cab, and my pedal board. I’ll provide my own Sennheiser to mic my cab, I don’t care for the clubs 57s. Vocal mic will be my EV ND76.

Friday is a pickup gig in a little dive biker bar. G&L L1000 bass, Markbass Little Marcus 500 head and Traveler 121H cab. Same vocal mic. Only other gear will be a cable and a TC clip on tuner.

Saturday is my alt/classic country band “Knucklehead”. Same dive biker bar. Same rig as I’m using tonight for the jam, except I won’t be mic’ing the cab cause it won’t be necessary.

Sunday is a duo show with my pedal steel player. In a yuppie pub/eatery in a trendy neighborhood. I’ll be running my Cole Clark Angel 2E into a small Yamaha mixer, and a JBL EON610. Steel player will be using a 12 string single neck Klein into his crazy pedal board, and a Milkman amp. That steel blows my mind. 12 strings, eight pedals, and four knee levers. How does anybody keep up with that?

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Tomorrow evening I'll be with my trio in the beergarden at our local brewery. I'll run the AM Elite Jazz bass and the Stingray with the small pedal board (TC Sub and UP, Humphrey Audio Bass Smasher, Ampeg Scrambler, Rocktron Tsunami) through the GK MB112 and the MP115 powered cab.

Last edited: