Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
My next shindig is January 22nd, 2022. It's at a local joint that is one of the strongest music rooms in our area. I got the Saturday afternoons, 3pm-7pm, every 6 weeks next year and one the night before Thanksgigiving 2022. So, I emptied my van of my PA gear and stowed everything till 1/22/22. I figured no reason to let is all sit in the cold for two months.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the 60 days off. I've had three "close encounters" with IT since 11/19/21 through no fault of my own. Just came back negative today.

I hope by January 22nd, the coast will be clear, at least clearer than it is right now.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
My next one is later this afternoon with NCY at the community center in Sweet Home ( Halletsville) Tx.
It a joyful regular monthly gig.
It’s always well attended, and the band is sounding it’s best.
I’ll augment my usual rig with my sunburst LP Custom, just for fun and a little variety.
Looking forward to it!

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I have three this week;

First, an acoustic solo gig on Wednesday at Eichardt's Pub. As usual I'll bring the Martin D-1 (and maybe the '64 Gibson LG-1). Everything goes through my little Mackie into the Bose L-1.

Friday and Saturday I'm on bass with the trio. Friday is an early New Year's party at the local winery From 5:30-8:30, Saturday we're playing at Mick Duff's Brewhall from 6:30-9:30. I'll probably just run the Am Elite Jazz bass through the GK MB112 both nights. It's hovering around zero outside for the next few nights. Luckily all of these gigs are 3 or 4 blocks from my house. I'll be taking minimal gear...

Last edited:

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have two on NYE.
First, my friend Lamar and are are playing an early duo gig at a nice senior living complex.
We play there relatively often, and are always well received.
Lamar is a great singer/pianist/guitarist, and is always fun to play with.
I’ll probably use my Les Paul Custom on this one.
I’ll play through my Roland Cube 80XL.
Next I’m playing with Nathan Colt Young for a price NYE party.
We have played several times for this host.
His parties are are always well attended, and he pays us very well, too.
I’ll use my go-to, B bender Cabronita and Cube rig.
Looking forward to them!

Last edited:

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
On bass with the trio tomorrow at Eichardt's Pub. Think I'll play the Tele bass through the MB-112. I do solo shows at Eich's frequently, but it's been awhile since I've played there with the trio. Looking forward to a fun one!

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I am playing bass at my old haunt, Donn’s Depot, with Donn.
It’s been a couple of months since I’ve played there.
I haven’t been playing much bass lately.
My bass amp is in the shop getting it’s scratchy pots cleaned.
My friend Kelly, who has been doing the gig lately, is loaning me his Fender/Orange rig.
I’m bringing my new-to-me Lace Helix bass.
Looking forward to it!

Fret Wilkes

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
Next gig was 1/22/22. It was to be a pretty good party as 3 out of four band members have birthdays within days of 1/22. BUT, I cancelled it yesterday. Once again, it's just too weird out there. IT is everywhere in my area. So, now looking forward, VERY MUCH, to March 2022 and our first gig of the year.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I picked up another bass gig at Donn’s Depot (with Donn) this Friday.
My friend Kelly threw it to me again.
My bass amp is still in the shop getting it’s pots cleaned, so I’ll use Kelly’s great, more powerful Fender/Orange rig.
I enjoyed last Friday, so hopefully it will be fun again.
Looking forward to it.

chris m.

Doctor of Teleocity
Our next gig is at a brewpub on 1/22. Should be fun. However, I am worried about The Rise of Omicron and whether the gig will actually happen. Everybody seems to be catching it. Either everyone will have had it and fully gotten over it, and then we can play, or someone will still be in the middle of it and we'll have to cancel. We already have had to postpone two practices due to band members or their family members/roomates testing positive. Or maybe the venue has to close briefly because too many employees are out. This is really a bizarre time! If we are able to do the show, I'll be wearing an N95 and hoping for the best.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I have a gig in Smithville, Tx. this evening, with Nathan Colt Young.
It’s a private party, with the full 5 piece band.
Blessedly, it’s been moved from it’s original outdoor park location.
I’m bringing my normal rig, and either my Larrivée RS4 or the Washburn HB-35.
Smithville is a nice little town, and the band has been sounding it’s best.
Looking forward to it.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
I have a gig in Smithville, Tx. this evening, with Nathan Colt Young.
It’s a private party, with the full 5 piece band.
Blessedly, it’s been moved from it’s original outdoor park location.
I’m bringing my normal rig, and either my Larrivée RS4 or the Washburn HB-35.
Smithville is a nice little town, and the band has been sounding it’s best.
Looking forward to it.
Why don't we just set up a permanent gig listing post for brookedalebill? Might give others of us something to aspire to. I'm still anticipating going down to visit my grandson in Austin soon.....and hopefully catching one of Bill's performances while I'm there. (if that's OK)
As far as me.....I don't have any planned gigs, nor do I have a current group to gig with. Last month, I departed the band I had played with for several years, with the intention of going in a different direction.....something simpler and lower in volume. I've got the gear, (Yamaha SLG Silent Nylon guitar, Fishman Loudbox Mini amp, Fishman SA 330 PA) and working on the material I want to play.....but I still haven't found appropriate musicians to play with. Found a talented Cajon player (Cajonist?) but still need (probably) another guitarist/singer and an upright bassist. Wish me luck! ;)

39martind18

Friend of Leo's
Next Thursday, senior living center, using a 2006 Epi JLH Sheraton through a Roland GR30 synth into 1979 Vibrolux Reverb, Sennheiser e838 mic into Digitech Vocalist Live 3 then into Mackie ProFX 8 feeding a Bose L1 Compact. Dell laptop running BIAB 2020 into the Mackie/Bose, playing a wide variety of 50s, 60s and 70s pop, rock, country and Motown. One hour show, mid afternoon, $200.