1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have a dancehall gig in Shiner, Tx this evening.
    I’m subbing for a friend with a band I don’t know a soul in.
    I’ve also never played in Shiner before.
    Two firsts!
    I’m bringing both of my B bender guitars, it’s an “all country, all night” gig.
    Looking forward to it!

2. Slippery Jack

Slippery Jack Tele-Meister

Oh my god! We've got some bookings for Feb and July next year from a club that we have been doing for a couple of years. We've had every gig cancelled since mid march so it's quite uplifting to get a contact with good news. Here's hoping that they go ahead.

3. brookdalebill

I’m playing bass with the Joel Hofmann Band at the Kissing Tree subdivision in San Marcos, Tx. this evening.
    I’ll play my P bass into my “big” GK rig.
    Looking forward to it!

dougstrum, SheldonP and Durtdog like this.
  4. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Gonna record a video tommorow afternoon. We usually play a summer and Christmas benefit for a community organization, but because of the virus it will be virtual this year~

I will bring two Teles and 6v6 amp:cool:
    Our bass player has not made a gig with us since marcho_O I've got a friend lined to play with us tomorrow and hopefully he will be our replacement bass player. He and I have played in other groups before so looking forward to it!
    IMG_20201003_212818839_HDR.jpg

5. Don Rich Rules

Don Rich Rules Tele-Meister

Tomorrow's gig is a duo out in East Hampton New York.
    A private house party. Good money and all I have to do is strum
    and play acoustic guitar.

brookdalebill, SheldonP and dougstrum like this.
  6. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Back to a restaurant parking lot “patio”. I think I’ll bring out the Pro Jr. IV and my recent StewMac T
    8476250E-C485-4A7D-BC54-B063D06AFC0A.jpeg

brookdalebill, SheldonP and dougstrum like this.
  7. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

Thought this might be fun for this thread.

Afternoon gig today. 4 pc. Restaurant type. 1-4pm. I’m Taking the acoustic and mandolin. Fishman amp. We’re getting paid with a meal and beer. No cash. All local covid heath laws enabled. Better than sitting home with no buddies to play with I figure. Taking my ‘38 car.

AA6F24FF-F095-4DA6-9541-4831CCBB8945.jpeg

8. brookdalebill

My next one is Thursday the 15th at the Last Chance Saloon with Tracie Lynn.
    We’ll be a duo.
    I’ll play my avatar guitar, and for fun, my new-to-me Music Man 112RD.
    I’ll use my ME50 for tuning & effects.
    I spent a little time with it this morning and I know how to dial it in now.
    Looking forward to it!

dougstrum and SheldonP like this.
  9. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Playing one of my favorite winery gigs tomorrow. It's a family operation and they always treat us well. Usually play there 2-3 times a year, but this'll be our 1st and only time this year:rolleyes:
    Reservations are required, during time slots coinsiding with one of our sets.
    Should have perfect fall weather so hopefully a good turnout~all outside of course:cool:

brookdalebill, skerwo and SheldonP like this.
  10. SheldonP

SheldonP Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Just got a last minute call for a duo gig tonight at the winery down the street. I switch around between guitar and bass in this duo, so I'll be taking the Martin D-1 and the Takamine GB72 bass and running them both through the Bose L1.

dougstrum likes this.
  11. srblue5

srblue5 Tele-Meister

Don't know when my next gig will be (I hope sooner rather than later), but whenever it is, I'm planning to use my Vintera Baja 50s and try my recently acquired Catalinbread Formula 55 through my Peavey Bandit.

12. fredwrites

fredwrites TDPRI Member

Sat. 10/24, Halloween party at bar near Wichita, Kansas (it’s at a small airport, and the festivities include an awesome sounding event called a “pumpkin drop,” which I would hope involves a target of some sort).

Playing my 1987 Les Paul Custom through Mesa Lonestar Special Dr Z Mini Z. 68CE7A9E-B43B-49DA-81E6-0F59EF777B2C.jpeg

13. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Another afternoon winery gig this Saturday. Sure hope the weather cooperates. We play outside on a second floor balcony, we got rained out last time~

Only two more gigs after this, one on 11/8 and another 12/5. Who knows it may be too cold for playing outdoors by then. So this Saturday could be last for us till spring:(

14. brookdalebill

I have a bass gig this evening in Martindale, Tx. with the Joel Hofmann Band.
    It will be outdoors near a small venue I can’t remember the name of.
    Embarrasking, as Popeye would say.
    The good news is that M’dale is a tiny hamlet, and finding it again will be no problem.
    I’m bringing both of my basses (P bass/PRS SE Kestrel) just for fun.
    I’ll play through my bigger GK bass rig.
    Joel will be about an hour late, so guitarist Ace and I will start without him.
    Should be fun!

Fret Wilkes, dougstrum and trev333 like this.
  15. harpdog

Weather permitting, an outdoor restaurant gig on Halloween. We have a set with some good Halloween type songs. I think I will play my ‘82 Washburn Falcon through my Rumble 100...Maybe through my Champion 50XL...just to welcome the Washburn back after 35 years away!

AC61429F-7E3E-4853-8BAA-CB250E5A27BE.jpeg

dougstrum and brookdalebill like this.
  16. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

My next tele gig is next weekend, local tavern with good mex fare. More urgent, I have a gig Sunday, at an outdoor fall fest by a local farm, its important financially for several families that live on the income thru the year. I'll be fiddling all sets! Kinda scary, I've neglected my fiddle since before St Patricks Day. Its kinda coming back..

17. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's

Occasional rehearsals have become like gigs to me now. So weird! Anyway, getting together tomorrow to rehearse with the folks from my first band back in the mid-70s. It's all original music, quite good too (I don't write), and the band are all friends. Theoretically, we rehearse in anticipation of "gigs". Hmmm...we'll see!

So, I think I'll bring my Fender/Squier Tele red sparkle Partscaster and my Quilter MicroPro Mach II head and 2x12 "Tough Trucker" cabinet.

This is an old shot (March) of the Tele. It now has a white MOTS guard on it just to bling it up a little more. I'm usually not a MOTS fans, but it looks fab on this guitar. This guitar "lightly" scratches the itch I have for a champagne gold Dikkers sparkle Tele. (oh to dream!) Squier Bullet Tele red sparkle body, AllParts TMO Fat neck, Fender OV52 pickups

upload_2020-10-23_7-43-33.png

dougstrum and brookdalebill like this.
  18. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Playing the Loudon Theater again tonight, with the small(er) band. Taking Am Std Strat, mando and the 335. Debut of a new amp, Marshall Origin 20. Been working with it a few days and I'm really liking it.

skerwo and dougstrum like this.
  19. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Be beware of taking a backup amp with you, the last Marshall series including the mini classic series have a lot of technical problems :eek:.

20. harpdog

Might rethink my gear if my Tone Master Deluxe Reverb arrives before Halloween...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.