Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

yep, St. Patrick's Day gig just got postponed; maybe reschedule in May.

2. scottser

scottser Friend of Leo's

All schools, pubs, restaurants and venues are closed and gatherings of over 100 are cancelled for the next three weeks. I'm calling it the 'nocraicvirus'.
    BUT I got a new mixing desk, a sound craft spirit. I'm rewiring my desk into an Alesis hd24 in between minding the kids and working from home.
    When all this is over, they'd want to put on a week long festival for all the bands who had to cancel gigs and to blow off everyone 's cabin fever.

3. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Think we are all in the same boat~
    Monthly pizza gig Friday, guessing it will be cancelled:confused:

4. black_doug

black_doug Friend of Leo's

In Toronto, and Ontario, Canada, as of today all bars and restaurants are closed.

:(

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  5. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

It's sad to see the gigs just melting away:(
    We are cancelled all the way into May...

Guess it just can't be helped. How quickly things can change!

telestratosonic and muudcat like this.
  6. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Not sure when my next gig will be.
    rather a surreal feeling.

codamedia and brookdalebill like this.
  7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I hear ya’!

codamedia likes this.
  8. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Rather unnerving isn't it:confused:

brookdalebill likes this.
  9. codamedia

codamedia Poster Extraordinaire

"Ok, so whats your next gig and gear..."

At this point, I have no idea :(

brookdalebill, skerwo and dlew919 like this.
  10. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Well, we are going to play Memorial Day!

We had lots of stuff lined up, but had pretty much given up on when we would play again...
    The vineyard that always has us for Memorial Day is opening and called to see if we could still play;) They have good protocols for phase1 reopening.

So I have a gig:D woohoo:cool:

8trackmind and McGlamRock like this.
  11. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have my second gig at the Atria Senior Living complex Friday afternoon, weather permitting.
    It will be like the last one, outdoors, on the road by the loading dock, behind the complex.
    We’ll (trio with friends Lamar and Bob) be nowhere near any residents.
    It was fun last time, though singing through a mask is pretty weird.
    Ah, showbiz!
    I’m bringing my Chester & Lester, Roland Cube 80XL, and singing through Fishman Loudbox Performer.
    Looking forward to it!
    7AA87639-FF2C-4739-AAA7-E67071CFFA9B.jpeg 69BA1643-C106-4400-AFE5-80863BF0B68E.jpeg

McGlamRock and dougstrum like this.
  12. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

Those are some purty git-boxes right there. No gigs in sight for my band for a long time. We might try to organize some kind of virtual gig.

As far as gear goes, I just bought EZDrummer 2 along with the hiphop extension pack which mainly I got because it gives you a ton more percussion and electronic drum sounds in a bigger, extended kit. I've been using various free or cheap drum apps and decided to take the plunge, spend some bucks, and get something that sounds better. So far I'm liking it although the free and cheap apps were certainly pretty good. At $249 for software plus expansion pack it's hopefully all I will ever spend on software VSTs for REAPER. I paid for REAPER-- something like $39 and it comes with great VSTs and other plug ins already. I found a free guitar pre-amp/amp/cab simulator called Boogex that works great so I think I'm done.....

13. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

I have NO idea when I'll next perform with/in front of people. But I am slowly working out how to do some solo stuff and/or get things onto YouTube, as well and trying some on-line collaboration with a pal, and that is leading me in the direction of acoustic-electric gear with possibly backing tracks. The first significant music-specific purchase will likely be a DI audio interface (but first a new iMac with GarageBand), and then maybe a reasonable condenser mic. I could see myself drifting into looper territory at some point after that, but that seems like SUCH a can of worms...

14. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Carport acoustic gig Friday. Not sure how I feel about it but what the heck.
    Feels like suburban busking to me.

I'll be using my Fender (Fishman) power tele into a boss AD-2 into my Yamaha PA.

dougstrum likes this.
  15. burtf51

burtf51 Tele-Meister

No'where...me and clubbers don't have the same likes

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  16. Tony474

Tony474 Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

I haven't done a gig since March because of the UK Covid-19 lockdown. I have plenty of engagements in the book for the rest of the year but I have no idea when I'll be able to start fulfilling them again. When I do, the gear is likely to consist as usual of one of my Teles (such as the red ESP one in my avatar pic) or my MM Silhouette, played most probably through my RetroToned Sessionette 75 1x12, or my Carr Rambler 1x12 if I feel the gig warrants it.

17. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Well, everyone's getting antsy for sure. Last week many of my band mates got together for a jam on Fr night, they are doing it again this week . I was invited but did not attend , this week I'm more than likely going. We are expecting that here in NC, in June we may be back at the restaurant gig as the restaurant never closed, it was always open for take out. Thats still a month away so we'll see, I certainly hope so. Supposedly May 22 nd is the big date here in NC. My other band, we have an outdoor gig date scheduled at a private facility in MID June.

Whats odd is, each day I as I venture out people are everywhere doing stuff, some stores are literally back to exactly what they were before Covid ! I was at Harbor Freight yesterday, the place was packed. Lowes, same thing. I just happen to notice a sign at Lowes regarding occupancy, 1050 ! HUH ??? Our bi monthly gig at the restaurant draws something between 75 and 100 with plenty of space to spread out and they are not walking around or requiring a clerk etc... Its no wonder that some people and businesses are asking , "whats up " ?

All of our Outdoor Shows have been cancelled for the entire year ! Not thru June or thru July , but thru the entire year , which begs the question ??? Why are they cancelling Oct and Nov ( last one ) now ? Why not wait until Sept to cancel those ?

May 22 and going into June will be very interesting here in June.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    dougstrum likes this.
  18. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

If people can stay spaced apart and wear masks then outdoor gigs would be pretty darn safe. Breathing fresh air rather than recirculated exhalations makes a tremendous difference in risk. If indoors I would be hoping for lots of open windows and fresh air.

19. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

the venue where I've had a weekly gig for the last ten years is re-opening this Friday, but I haven't heard what the what is just yet. Not sure I'm ready to go back to a closed venue without knowing more details. Did find out that Texas is opening up 44 new testing sites; seems like more testing is a good idea...

If we do get back to it, I'll be taking my own mic...

dougstrum likes this.
  20. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

At this time, it looks like a town green concert in August. Not sure yet if it's actually gonna happen.

dougstrum likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.