Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Next weekend playing in a new venue in the Munich area. Seems to be a very small pub so I´m thinking about bringing out my VOX MV50 clean with small 1x10 cabinet and the new used Squier 20th anniversary affinity tellie with the Chopper T in bridge position. Played it loud at home for a few times and sounds real good.

2. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

My band is playing this Saturday (Oct 19) at the local small town festival's BBQ cookoff.

Standard setup for me - my trusty '63 Tele into a Digitech RP500 multi-FX unit, and then into a 2x12 Fender DeVille.

Should be fun. My band is semi-retired, and this is one of the few gigs we play each year. This will be our 15th year playing at this cookoff!

Plus, it's a bit of a family reunion for me. All of my siblings (3 brothers, one sister) are coming down from MN/WI to Texas for a long weekend. It will be pretty cool, since the last time we were all together was back in January, and sadly, for my mom's funeral.

If you're near Fayetteville, TX, stop on by Saturday afternoon at the SPJST hall by the ball park for some good music and great BBQ!

Cheers,
    Doug

3. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

the weekly wednesday brewpub. standard tele into BF Tremolux, small pedal board. One of the venue owners works at a party supply store, with holiday decorations and such, so she goes all in for various holiday decorating stuff. Now the place is all done up for Halloween. It's a thing.

OTOH, I somehow convinced the band to wear something ball cap or shirt related to our Houston Astros, because ALCS. But then tonight's game gets cancelled. Ah, we'll be wearing the blue and orange and ball caps anyway, because, Astros! ...I guess...

Should be fun. Got one lead singer that is MIA, but we can deal. You didn't hear it here, but it might even be more fun...we'll see.

...photo from 4th of July...

the JBStd at the JPHH.jpg

brookdalebill, dougstrum and skerwo like this.
  4. cyclopean

cyclopean Friend of Leo's

playing a halloween gig with a punk band, a noise/industrial musician, a dj, and another goth band, at a warehouse/gallery space. we'll be projecting movies and doing some goofy covers.

dougstrum and teletimetx like this.
  5. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Holic

Gig cancelled because of illness of two bandmembers :(

6. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Crazy day here, my mom fell again! Hoping it's just broken finger this time.

Monthly pizza gig tonight with trio, vocal, bass and guitar. I'll probably play big guitar through Pro Jr.

Tomorrow outdoor winery gig we'll add our drummer, so I'll use my el34 amp and probably blue Tele and cherry thinline.

By the time I get my mom home I will be ready to go out and play!

7. teletimetx

Sorry about your mom - hope she's feeling better soon.

Hope your gigs go well!

brookdalebill likes this.
  8. keithb7

keithb7 Friend of Leo's

Kick off of our fall/winter/spring gigging season is tomorrow. Acoustic guitar, mandolin, and some harmonica. A community association party at a local gold course. We're inside.

I am undecided at this point what I am going to do with my acoustic. Fret wear is causing tuning issues that is bothering me. I have had frets filed and re-shaped before on one if my Strats. Is this possible on an acoustic as well?

dougstrum and brookdalebill like this.
  9. teletimetx

Ok, this week is a little different. Wednesday, I'll be playing in a recording session at a unique facility near Rangely, Colorado. An old water tank was converted into a recording studio. Then in the evening, the band I play with once a year will be doing a performance for the community at Rangely High School.
    Americana and classic rock stuff - one of my bandmates is letting me use some of his equipment- including a 64 AVRI tele and a Blackstar amp.
    Rangely is up in the very NW corner of the state. Should be great fun!

brookdalebill, dougstrum and skerwo like this.
  10. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I bave my regular Tuesday gig mañana.
    I’m going to shake it up a little by playing a borrowed VG Strat.
    My friend Wyatt loaned it to me, and I did my set up with 11’s this afternoon.
    It’s does all kinds of stunts, like drop tunings, 12 string and acoustic simulations, as well as Tele and himbucking sounds.
    Should be fun!

teletimetx, dougstrum and skerwo like this.
  11. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's

Friday we will have our little punk band's 35:th anniversary gig. It had to be moved, because the venue where it was supposed to be went bancrupt. That will most likely mean that fewer people show up. The room where we will play is hard to get a good sound in. The stage is pretty good though!

The promotor has sold a number of tickets to a meet-and-greet dinner with us before the gig. That's a first for us! It feels pretty weird though. Now, it could turn out to be just our regular friends that have gone for a full night out, there more for the dinner than for meeting us. Then I would label it pre-party instead. It's just that I prefer setting up and then get out of the venue until an hour before stage time. Afterwards I like a good party, but not until then.

Hanging out before a gig can be fun, but I think the gig almost always suffers from it. I think it's the psychological difference between "the guys at that table just went on stage" and "you've been waiting, here they are!" BAM!

For gear, just the usual, I think. LP Jr and Marshall half stack. A TS and a tuner. I sometimes use a reverb, but in this room I think I will be better off without. I'll bring an attenuator, but I doubt I will use it.

12. Plumber

Plumber Tele-Holic

As my perceived last gig with this band I'm going to play too loud with a valve combo and pedals

rather than the helix floor :)

teletimetx and dougstrum like this.
  13. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Winery gig tommorow afternoon, folks that run it are great:D I suspect we will be playing indoors, cooler temps and good chance of rain. I plan to bring my 6v6 amp and the mahogany Tele. IMG_20191025_160848740_HDR.jpg

teletimetx, brookdalebill and Muinarc like this.
  14. rosellem

rosellem TDPRI Member

In a few hours we are playing a Halloween block party. Unfortunity it rained outside and is now hotter then before...rain is gone but near 100% humidity plus an outdoor gig = I will be soaked by the end of the first set... lol Anyway, looking forward to it.. i'll take my mim tele, going direct into board with Boss GT 1 , and in ears!!! Oh yeah, plush my costume... Hope someone gets some good pics of us... we are bringing out all the lights, fog, etc!!!!!

brookdalebill and teletimetx like this.
  15. brookdalebill

I have a duo gig with Tracie Lynn in Cistern, Tx. this evening.
    It’s an “out of the blue” gig, for both of us.
    I’m bringing both of my bender guitars, and Cube.
    It should be fun!

dougstrum and teletimetx like this.
  16. teletimetx

Tonight, back at my weekly brewpub/house band gig. Taking my tele, the SF Princeton and a small board. Cool front with rain moving in all day, tends to trim the audience size, but we have a really good guest tonight, so hope for the best. Will be fun regardless!

brookdalebill and dougstrum like this.
  17. teletimetx

...and back again, yep, tomorrow night the weekly. Prolly take the tele, BF Tremolux and board. Yeah that's the ticket.

then, friday, back at the same venue, but as a substitute for someone who had to cancel; I'll be the guest artist for a monthly singer/songwriter songs-in-the round deal. The host is a long, long time friend, excellent player, good guy. That will be a fun night, I'll take tele and flattop acoustic and maybe another electric tuned in open D (DADF#AD), I have a song or two I've written in that flavor. It will be a fun night, but not sure I can drag out a crowd to see me twice in one week at the same place...I guess I'll find out soon enough

18. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Holic

Saturday at Neil's in east Memphis. My usual rig. Two teles and a strat for slide...and a Princeton.

19. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

We're the house band for a jam at a local brewery Sunday afternoon.
    Gonna play my other big guitar and my
    EL34 1x12. IMG_20191108_131724966.jpg It's about 25 watts, clean and bright. The guitar has a very acoustic sound. It's a nice match and will stand out from all the strat & stompbox players;)

brookdalebill likes this.
  20. brookdalebill

I’m headed in to do two today.
    First is a trio gig at the Atria senior living complex, with dear old friends Lamr and Ruben.
    We’ll play 50-60s rock and roll, and do it well, dern it!
    I’m going to play my gold top with new pickups.
    Next, later this evening I do my regular Friday bass gig.
    I LOVE playing bass!
    Life’s good!

skerwo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.