Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Wednesday July 17th, Avogadro's Number here in Fort Collins for the O'Dell Summer Concert Series. The Colorado Green Band will be playing from 5-7 PM out on the patio. Come on down.

Taylor 812C > Baggs Para-Acoustic Preamp > PA

Fender MIM Stratocaster > Pedalboard* > Peavey Backstage Plus amp

*Pedalboard: TC Hyper Gravity Comp > MXR CMBAOD > Ibanez Jet Driver > Ernie Ball Volume Pedal (Tuner out to Korg Pitchblack Tuner) > TC NOVA Modulator > TC NOVA Delay

After using the DigiTech RP360 for the last month, it'll be a little strange to use regular pedals and an amp again.

Random1643 likes this.
  2. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Kind of a mixed bag coming up.

Tonight the weekly brewpub house band gig. Just got a text from the guy who started the band maybe 11 years ago. Seems that somehow he got sideways with the venue owner, which would seem unlikely and not the brightest approach, but humans got to be humans, I guess. Anyhow, gig is still on, he's just not sure he'll be invited back.

The problem was booking another date at the same venue, for a sort of Woodstock tribute party the venue does every year. He just wanted to know the timing and apparently, it's been posted on the schedule behind the bar for weeks...can't we all just get along?

I'm taking my little SF no-reverb Princeton and the tele and small board. Will still be fun, as the most excellent rhythm player and songwriter deluxe will be back and his songs are always fun to play.

Then tomorrow, I'll be heading out of state to do an annual benefit in Colorado. It's an event I started nine years ago, a gathering of my high school musician friends and any ringers from Texas I can talk into joining. This year, the bass player from the house band is coming and he's just a fine, fine musician. Sings harmonies, the high end, like a well-known bass player once upon a time.

That will be Thursday, July 25 at Nissi's, pretty nice venue in Lafayette, near my home town. I rehearse the band for three days prior to the gig and that's total fun. This year it will be a 9-piece band (ok, ten including my enthusiastic nephew, who will join in for a couple songs). Three women backup/harmony singers (each also sing lead for a tune or two. Mix of classic rock, country and blues; one acoustic set, one electric.

the drummer is a friend from 2nd grade; just an all around great guy. I always look forward to this gig.

3. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Cornelius NC, Old Town Public House Sat the 20th 5 to 7:30 neat little venue, two bands on Sat night, two shifts, we play the early shift. Last time we were there it was packed, a very engaging crowd.

B Bender Tele and the Dr Z Maz 38 with a single 12 cab

IMG_9410.JPG

4. Paul in Colorado

If I can find someone to drive, I'll try to make it. I know I've been saying that for years now... What time does it start?

Random1643 likes this.
  5. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

It would be wonderful to meet you! Hope you find someone to drive, but I know that's not always easy. Thanks for thinking of it!

brookdalebill and Random1643 like this.
  6. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Getting ready to head out to our monthly pizza gig~good pizza and COLD beer:)
    Gonna bring blue Tele and cherry thinline~ 1st guitar I built. Also gonna play through 5e3 that I just modded to take el34's hope it's as good on gig as it seems at home;)

7. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Afflicted

I've got a duo gig evening of Monday, July 22 for an outdoor (we're in a pavilion) fundraiser/community picnic/arts fest/?huh? somehow related to the health of the Mississippi River, which runs right through our fair city. Need to keep the rig simple & light as I've damaged my right ankle & foot, getting around with a cane. Gretsch Electromatic, 14-watt tube amp, coupla pedals on the board, Fishman Fish Stick for vocals. My buddy can run his strat and mando straight thru an amp. Most songs are about rivers, water, nature.

Then another solo gig @ Lost Lake Lodge on Friday, July 26; 2-3 hours depending on how the night crowd shakes out. There I'll use the Line 6 Spider 5 120W amp & app, run things from my laptop, bring the Gretsch, parlor with a humbucker for open tunings and a banjo also with a humbucker - all out via the Fish Stick.

8. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Playing a Beatles tribute gig tonight in Gualala. All acoustic; I know all of the tunes but never played most of them before. Should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teletimetx, dougstrum and Random1643 like this.
  9. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

Tonight!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  10. 8trackmind

8trackmind Tele-Afflicted

I hate loading out at 2am. First world problems...

brookdalebill and Random1643 like this.
  11. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

Well it was supposed to be this afternoon/evening at a town common but they've
    cancelled it due to the tropical heat and humidity.

8trackmind likes this.
  12. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Today I’m helping host an open mic in Kyle, Tx at City Hall.
    It was built early in the last century as an opera house, so it’s big and cavernous.
    A liitle volume goes a long way.
    I’m bringing my PRS Kestrel bass, Goodall acoustic, EJ Strat, Larrivee RS4 (LP type), Fishman Loudbox Performer, and Cube 80XL.
    The Cube will be doing double duty as a bass amp.
    The Loudbox will also be doing double duty, as acoustic amp and mini PA.
    Lots of friends are threatening;) to show up.
    Looking forward to it!

13. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Next up Hells Bottom VFW in Takoma Park, MD 08/02/2018 8 - 11 pm.

I almost always use my Telecaster for live performance. Last time though I played my Les Paul for 2 hours straight. I bring both and see what happens.

I don’t care enough about pedals to discuss them. Amp will be a 1972 Silver Face Deluxe Reverb.

14. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity

We're playing a private outdoor/pool/BBQ on Saturday (7/27) and I'll use a Telecaster and Pro Jr.

The following week (8/4) another town commons and Tele, Strat and Super Reverb amp.

15. Paul in Colorado

Playing with The Colorado Green Band this Saturday July 27th at noon at JAX Outdoor Goods on N. College here in Fort Collins. They built a pond and a patio with a little stage back behind the main building. I've been shopping here for years. Looking forward to playing.

16. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

bi-monthly gig, this coming Thursday, 7/25, Jacksons in Gastonia NC. On this gig for 4 years now. Wouldn't change a thing ! We have about 80 to 100 regular attendees, the set list is 50's some 60's and straight ahead Country. I'm on double duty, Emmons Steel and a B Bender Telecaster. 6 to 8 . My two solo songs this week, Instrumentals on Steel, "Sweet Memories "and "No One Will ever Know", two classics.

The weekend, Sat July 27, duo gig at The Lodge Charlotte NC. 8 to 11. Taylor acoustic and a B Bender.

17. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have two regular gigs tomorrow.
    The first is at Cherry Creek Catfish Co.
    It’s from 6-9PM outside the front of the restaurant.
    I’m going to play my EJ Strat and 1968 Les Paul Custom RI into my Roland Cube 80XL.
    I love playing in this trio!
    Keyboardist Billy, drummer Kevin and I play old school R&B, soul and a little blues.
    We’re very musically compatible.
    Next, from 9-1:30 (yes, I’ll be a little late) is my Friday bass gig.
    I’ll play my PRS Kestrel bass into my GK 2-12 rig.
    Looking forward to both!

teletimetx, dougstrum and Random1643 like this.
  18. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Afflicted

I had a 2-hour solo thing in a bar at one of the resorts tomorrow night. But, after developing some nasty issues with my right ankle (gout) and foot (stress fractures), I passed the gig along to a buddy. Gotta roll with the punches. He'll be great.

So my gear involves, um, a Moon Boot, ice, Tylenol,....:rolleyes:

19. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Bummer! Hope you heal quickly.

Random1643 likes this.
  20. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Tommorow afternoon we play at the Glass House. It's a local winery with the tasting room in a giant tropical green house. Super cool spot always fun to play:cool:

I bring a small PA 2 Teles and amp.
    Gonna bring my old boss rv-3, played around with it a bit this week~usually I just go straight to the amp;)

teletimetx and Random1643 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.