1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Hey, let's get this thread going again!

I got nothin' until June, playing a live radio show, but make sure that you talk about what you have coming up.

2. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Afflicted

Things are kinda quiet since I quit the trio I was in. Regrouping (degrouping?) on marketing, promotion, playing a few open mics to get used to playing solo again.

Upcoming gigs including a Cinco de Mayo thing at our local brewery. I wonder what day that'll be? ;) I had initially told the manager/booker to get some Mexican-American band to do the gig vs some random old gringo who happens to speak/sing Spanish. She tried but failed and got back to me recently to go ahead and play the gig. I'll pull acoupla Spanish/Mexican-flavored sets together; I may do a mix of actual Spanish language songs with songs that have some Mexican connection, e.g., Chris Montez' 1966 cover of The More I See You, etc. so I don't have to learn a ton of new songs. Modded Gretsch G5620T-CB, parlor guitar with soundhole humbucker & 5-string banjo with bucker. All through the same set up into a Fishman SA220 sound system.

I have a couple of mid-May gigs that were sold as trio gigs, so still doing those with the other guys. One is a Chamber of Commerce Annual Dinner for a city north of me. The other gig is for a party for our local community theater troupe. That'll be more of a guitars and amps kinda gigs; bring the Allen & Heath mixer, etc.

teletimetx and Paul in Colorado like this.
  3. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Tonight I have a “sub” gig with Fingerpistol at the Little Longhorn.
    I’m bringing my Chet, avatar guitar and Cube 80XL.
    I’m looking forward to it!

Random1643 likes this.
  4. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Thursday 4/25 - 6-8 pm, Jacksons in Gastonia NC for my twice a month gig. Z- Maz 38 , Fender Tele with the Forrest Lee Bender and the Emmons Legrande II .

Always a good time at this gig, good food, good friends + great audience . On this gig 4 years now. Seems like it just started !

JACK_1_cr.jpg

5. Miguel-martinez

Miguel-martinez TDPRI Member

Alhambra C10, I'm about to buy it, been after this guitar for months :)

6. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Time for playing outdoors again:cool:

Friday evening playing a local festival, with my hillbilly boogie band. Benefit for food bank hope rain holds off! I'll be using the mahogany tele:D

Saturday quartet jazz gig at a winery.
    I'll use this hollow body that I built, been using it more than my big archtop lately.
    A little smaller, comfortable to play with great sound. IMG_20190211_151529088.jpg

7. brookdalebill

571BC34C-D0F0-4534-94E3-426296559581.jpeg 53F14FC3-29AD-4E00-9C41-CB07C5D64597.jpeg

Tomorrow afternoons I’ll be playing this Les Paul and my Chet into my Cube 80XL.
    It’s got all kinds of coil taps and phase switches, a cool neck joint, coil splitting and a phase switch.
    My friends George, Bob and I are playing at the grand opening of the Mueller Cafe in Leander, Tx.
    George is a brilliant songwriter/singer.
    Looking forward to it!

8. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Playing a big-band gig tomorrow night at the St Louis Club in Clayton, Missouri, at a fundraising dance for Winter Opera of St Louis. Supposed to do some Andrews Sisters songs with some singers we will rehearse with in the afternoon. We will do some Ellington and Basie standards and a few Latin and bossa nova tunes, also.

I’ve been using my Strat lately because it’s easy to travel with. I supposed to play through the PA and listen through a monitor that will have my guitar, the bass and the piano running through it. I’m taking my amp in case I can’t hear myself.

9. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Afflicted

Cool, Harry, I hope you do Rum and Coca-Cola. "Oh, you vex me.."

10. Harry Styron

Harry Styron Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Rum and Coca Cola is on the set list, along with Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy and Bei Mir Bist Du Schoen.

We always open with the Charlie Parker tune Now’s the Time. We will also do Sway, Girl From Ipanema, Jumpin’ at the Woodside, Bluesette, At Last, Embraceable You, etc.

11. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Off to our favourite legion today for a matinee gig...always lots of dancers and if you can believe it we got snow last night, which is a good thing for us as the farmers won't be out on the fields and the rest of us can't do yard work...should make for a big crowd

12. brookdalebill

Sunday (tomorrow) I have a “jam” gig in Kyle, Tx.
    I help facilitate it by bringing a small PA and a few mics.
    I’ll use a Samson powered mixer, a pair of Dietz 1-12H cabinets loaded with EVM 12L’s, and some Audio Technica mics.
    It’s older, heavy-weight, dependable stuff.
    I’ll also bring my Chet, Les Paul and avatar guitar.
    The Les Paul is new-to-me,and pictured in post #947 in this thread.
    Big fun!

Random1643, String Tree and Durtdog like this.
  13. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Is that a Gibson LP?
    Love the relief where the neck joins the body.

brookdalebill likes this.
  14. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Next up is a New Venue Sat, May 4. Ok, an OLD venue with a New Name.
    With the new name comes a House PA I have never dealt with.
    No getting around it, have to use it.

We can't load in until 8.
    Have to start at 9, done at 11.
    Have to leave as fast as we load in.

Pay is pretty good.

Did some recon for hard Intel on the place.
    Set up will be a hassle as the pa falls squarely on me.
    Their Board is some entry level Yamamaha that is too small and inadequate for our needs.
    Bringing my board, our monitors, sending the mains to their board for front-of-house.

Out front they have a pair of QSC 15/Horn self powered speakers flown from the ceiling and, matching Sub.
    The Sub however, is at the back of the stage where the Drums go. Blowing the Sub in to the Kick Drum is something we need to avoid.
    I'll have to move it ... Somewhere .... Now I will need to do some on the spot cable magic. Another hour to sat up would be nice.

Gonna be some logistical challenges!

Because of all of that, I had to duke it out with our singer about dropping a couple of songs.
    She says they are some of our better songs. I say I simply don't have time to get us up and going, then deal with three guitars with different tuning. Frankly, I like them too. I like playing different turnings, it adds character.
    I will bring my LP and my Tele, standard tuning for both.

They have house lights and backline AC is good.

I will post some pics.

teletimetx and Random1643 like this.
  15. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

Im playing with Kid Naknek at the local Harley shop Saturday 5/4, 2-5 pm....not sure if its an inside or outside job...weather is predicted to be nice...they are doing their "blessing of the bikes"...

Ill probally take Nashville West....maybe dust off the Deluxe Reverb....and the same three modulation pedals...phase shifter, overdrive and leslie simulator...with a wall wart this time.....Ive been working up some dobro parts for some of the tunes...but Ive still got a lot to dial in so I think the dobro will stay home this time...

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  16. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

This Saturday, the house band will be out of the house up in Austin. Doing a mid-day gig at Central Market, as part of the Texas Community Music Festival. Did this last year and got asked back, I guess that's ok.

Tele, SF Princeton no-verb, small pedalboard. We'll be either a 5- or 6-piece, depending on whether or not the Djembe Cowboy can make it. Fiddle player lined up this gig for us.

17. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Fri May 3rd, Charlotte NC, Brawleys Beverage, with local artist Jim Garrett, I'm on Dobro and maybe some B Bender on a few tunes, it's actually an acoustic gig. 7 - 10

Sat Am, Huntersville NC , 9 to 12. On the Green. The Vermillion Benefit Run . Cancer and other serious illness fund raising.

Bringing out the Z Maz 38 and the Tele with the Forrest Lee system

IMG_9222.JPG

18. brookdalebill

I have two today if my first doesn’t rain out.
    The first is a guitar gig, and I’ll use my LP Custom, LP Std. and Roland Cube 80XL.
    I love this new gig!
    I get to band-lead and play different stuff.
    Next up is my regular Friday bass gig.
    I’ll use my PRS Kestrel Bass and GK 250W bass amp.
    Rain, rain, go away!;)

19. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

Rain and outdoor gigs don't mix:(
    I am leading house band for the local blues society, got some good guys lined up. It's for a small town fair, really hoping rain holds off!

The guys are all bringing PA! All I need are a couple teles and amp:D
    traveln light!

brookdalebill and Random1643 like this.
  20. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Saturday night coming up at the local bar & grill. '52 AVRI>pedals>Z-Lux. I am really liking my new Shure GLX wireless pedal- no more cord.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.