Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. picknfool

picknfool Tele-Holic

Monthly pizza gig in Fremont- mutt Nashville tele w/pedal board, Perlman custom acoustic, some harmonicas- the house supplies guitar amps and p.a.

2. TheMindful

TheMindful Tele-Meister

Playing at a local taphouse that features live music as its center point. Most of the acts that play there tend to be Americana and folk styles. My band is probably the only psychedelic/jazz-fusion/progressive rock group that this place ever sees haha.

My AC30 heritage head blew a fuse, then a tube was sparking and going haywire or something yesterday in the studio. So while that is in the shop I'm borrowing a friend's Bassman head to run into the matching heritage cab with alnico blues. I'll be running my 63 jazzmaster into my board and into the bassman head/vox cab pair.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  3. Random1643

Random1643 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Our duo-recently-turned-trio, Almost Blue, is donating a set or 2 of songs for a late-Feb annual fundraiser supporting the regional Habitat for Humanity chapter. We played this event last year; nice crowd, good time. The music is just a piece of a larger event with a candlelight snowshoe walk, a hearty spread of soups, breads, hot chocolate, etc., a raffle and so on held at one of the resorts in the area. Temps here are in -10F to +10F lately so we'll see popular the snowshoe walk is this year.

A buddy of ours = who will also perform for a while - is running sound so plug & play for the vocals and the mandolin through his Bose system. Still chasing him to get details re when start, play for how long but usually for something like this I like to just bring one instrument. Keep it simple. Am thinking the modded Gretsch semi-hollow - which is finally getting close to the Zone for Tone, plus OD and trem pedals (and a beer) that'll sit on top of a 14-watt tube amp. For a regular gig I switch to a different guitar for open tunings/slide type songs but will experiment tomorrow with retuning the Gretsch for a few songs in open G. Am guessing our lead guy will bring his ac-el Cordoba nylon string guitar plus the afore-mentioned Loar ac-el mando. The bass player will bring a, um, er, bass and some sorta amp - I really gotta pay more attention to his rig. I'll handle most of the lead vocals but our bassist is stepping up on harmonies and wants to sing some leads; all good.

4. Fret Wilkes

Fret Wilkes Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

Back to BASSics today. Fender 51RI P-Bass, Quilter Toneblock 200, Bag End SD12-D cabinet.

upload_2019-2-17_12-55-37.png

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

9F3F68AA-10BC-4194-BF2C-71AE8E89FD1C.jpeg 5E6E8F2B-1125-4509-ACD3-AC6583EAE124.jpeg Tonight I have my regular piano bar/lounge/guitar gig.
    I’m going to bring my old reliable rig, my Chet and Roland Cube 80XL.
    I am also bringing my new-to-me 1990 Gibson 1962 SG.
    I just did a set-up on it with a set of D’Addarrio Chrome 10s, and installed a String Butler.
    I have never used a 10 set of flats.
    Shoud be fun, though it has a wound G string.
    Hopefully, it will stay in tune!

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

I think I already mentioned the Farmers Market gig tomorrow here in Fort Collins with the Colorado Green Band. I'm bringing out the Telecaster ('52 RI) after playing it last night at practice. Also the Taylor 812C acoustic. I'm going to use my Zoom MS-70 CDR pedal for effects on the acoustic, something I've never done live. A little reverb and chorus, maybe some delay if needed. Looking forward to it.

teletimetx and telestratosonic like this.
  7. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

This Saturday at the Loudon Theater with the 13-piece band. Already completely sold out. Taking the DRRI and will be the maiden voyage for my new Epiphone 335 Pro. Pretty pumped about it.

8. brookdalebill

I have two today.
    The first is a duo gig with my sister on the square in Wimberley, Tx.
    We are called One Lane Bridge.
    My sis has a great voice, great repertoire, and we harmonize very well together.
    It’s only an hour, and I’ll play my James Goodall RCJC into the provided small PA.
    The venue is a honey shop.
    Sweet! (ducking).
    The next is a regular first Saturday gig at Black’s BBQ in San Marcos, Tx.
    The Billy Dee Three will ride again.
    I always look forward to this one.
    Billy is a great songwriter, and superlative bass player.
    Drummer/singer Frank is our welcome new addition.
    He’s a quadruple threat, playing guitar, bass, drums, and singng.
    He’s sings very well, too.
    I’m bringing the PA this time, as well as my avatar guitar, new SG, and trusty Roland Cube 80X.
    Blacks has the best BBQ I’ve ever eaten, and they feed us like kings.
    Yes!

teletimetx, String Tree and Durtdog like this.
  9. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

Next gig is tonight at the Open Chord music venue in Knoxville. Will be playing the Epi 335 Pro with '72 Tele Deluxe as backup. Using the Pro Junior again tonight, it sits well in the mix.

teletimetx and String Tree like this.
  10. braveheart

braveheart Tele-Meister

tonight:
    "An evening with me"
    Bedroom stadium
    8.00 pm

String Tree likes this.
  11. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Nothing until the middle of April.
    Unless the phone rings.
    Kind of hope it does.

12. markal

markal Tele-Holic

I’ve been absent here for a while. Other than an open stage event, we haven’t played a gig since October. The band reconfigured a bit though.

We have two upcoming - Little Bear Saloon in Evergreen, CO on Mar 14th and Duffer Haus in Denver on Apr 6th. The Duffer Haus gig was supposed to be yesterday. I had to bail because of a stomach bug. The rest of the band was going to play without me (which I supported) but then the bar canceled due to a snowstorm.

I just bought a Mesa Express Plus 5:50 and will almost certainly use that both upcoming gigs, probably with my PRS S2 Singlecut and my standard tele, and my small pedalboard.

teletimetx and Paul in Colorado like this.
  13. Guran

Guran Friend of Leo's

Friday at House of Blues that for the evening is called House of Punk Rock. House is happy to provide backline, and I got a list of amps to choose from. I picked a JTM 45 and a Marshall 212 cab! Oooh, I like it!

I will play the LP Jr and bring something for backup. What, I don't know yet... Maybe another Jr, maybe the LP, maybe a Tele. It will be a last minute descision. Hmm... Maybe both a Tele and a LP just to be able to try them through the JTM during soundcheck! :twisted:

14. brookdalebill

I have my regular Tuesday gig this evening.
    I’m going to play my Chet, and Les Paul Custom through my Boss Katana 100 1-12.
    Neither the LPC, nor the Katana have been getting much exercise lately.
    The Chet is really the best guitar for this gig, but this gig needs shaking up from time to time.
    I’ve done it, with much needed breaks, since the early 1980s.
    I also have a short 15 minute gig at 11:30 AM with my friend John R in Kyle, Tx.
    I’ll play the LPC into my Cube on that one.
    We have a (late) St. Patrick’s day gig at the same venue on Sunday.
    I’m staying blessedly busy!

teletimetx likes this.
  15. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Thursday the 14th , Jacksons in Gastonia NC. 2nd and 4th Thursdays each month. 6 to 8. No cover, great food.

Emmons D10 Steel, B Bender Tele and probably the Carvin 50 watter with 1x12.

Come on out, bring money for the tip jar , that way we can buy gas after the show and make it back home !

16. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Playing behind Kid Naknek at Van's Dive Bar on 4/20...guess the occasion....Original Honky Tonk Juke joint psychedelic Americana with a cover or two thrown in.....

I think Im gonna bring my Nashville west, and maybe my Epiphone Sorrento for the blues stuff....I'm not sure about amplification...if I can do with my little Vox pathfinder, so much the better...otherwise its a DRRI....I'm reassembling my pedal board...Nobels overdrive, small stone phase shifter, Leslie simulator and maybe a Q-tron if we play that funky music...

17. brookdalebill

I am playing at City Hall in Kyle, Tx today at 3.
    It will be a trial run of what I hope will become a regular gig.
    Friends John (g,psg,v) Wade (b,g,v), Steve (d), and I (g,b,v) will be the “core” band.
    It will be a “jam”, at least at first, with guest performers.
    Personally, I hope it becomes a dance gig.
    It would be nice if it were a real jam, but that’s wishful thinking, IMO.
    Anyways, I’m bringing my James Goodall RCJC acoustic, PRS Kestrel bass, Chet, and B bender tele.
    Wade will bring his bass amp, and I’ll provide a Roland Cube 80XL and Fishman Loudbox Performer.
    I may bring small Samson/Dietz PA.
    It remains to be seen if the venue’s PA will work, but it’s pretty, uh, cheap and crappy.
    I’m looking forward to it!

18. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Thursday 3/28, 6 to 8. Jacksons in Gastonia NC. Our 2nd regular scheduled monthly show. 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. The band has been on this gig for near 6 years, I've been part of it for the last 4. A really fun gig but I take nothing for granted. This is a non rehearsing band, many songs we have down pat others we play for the 1st time. And yes we have time to prepare ahead of the show, we work off our set list. Any songs we add or change are songs we know well.

Country, R+R and even a few standards now and then.

For me it's one of the Emmons Pedal Steels and one of the Telecasters, lately being a B Bender . Exposing our regular audience to B Bender tunes !

This week we are offering our home grown LIVE CD just out of production.All tracks recorded LIVE at this location, Jacksons in Gastonia NC.

Come on by, it's not 100% perfect but it is 100 % fun !

Jacksons, great food, great regular audience, great fun !

IMG_9182.JPG

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  19. McGlamRock

McGlamRock Friend of Leo's

Tonight I'm playing with a rock and disco group at a club called Neck Of The Woods. They have 4 horns and 3 singers (as well as bass drums and guitar) so it should be a pretty fun night.
    I'm going to bring my Eastman T486 and run it through my Mesa Boogie F30. The venue has its' own PA so minimal set up/tear down... and the gig's only a mile from my apartment!
    Since tomorrow's my birthday I may treat myself to an uber there and back so I don't have to worry about parking (which is tough in the city)

20. brookdalebill

Bass gig tonight!
    PRS SE Kestrel bass, TI flats, into a GK 250W 2-12 rig.
    Super simple, just like it’s operator!

telestratosonic likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.