Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Next-up isn't until November but, I will be playing with my old drummer from 5 years ago.
    Probably playing my Red LP Custom with Strat back-up.
    In our other Band, I played Bass. Had to, long story about the Guitarist who was supposed to play Bass. This time it's MY Band and he is nowhere around.

It's just Jam night but, I'm really excited to play with him again.
    He's a great drummer and a Killer Vocalist.
    We'll be doing Freddy Green's Yonder Wall (he holds out a note for a full 12 Bars and it makes my Blood boil), Jethro Tulls Lomotive Breath, Robbin Fords Start It Up ... It's going to be all over the place, it's going to be a lot of fun for very little money :)

teletimetx likes this.
  2. String Tree

Kind of a Rare Bird!
    Enjoy.

brookdalebill likes this.
  3. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

International Fair at my school on 11/18. Me on acoustic-electric guitar, another parent/teacher on bass, and another parent/teacher on cajon and conga. This rhythm section is a definite upgrade over my last group; I'm excited!

4 tunes:
    With or Without You--U2
    Fisherman's Blues--The Waterboys
    I Scare Myself--Dan Hicks
    Gloria--Them

My gear:
    Godin multiac nylon string, Takamine all maple dreadnought, MXR Carbon Copy Delay, EHX Soul Food boost into a Fishman Loudbox Mini.

teletimetx likes this.
  4. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

The year seems to end on a rather small scale.
    We're playing with may main band on a 50th birthday for about 2 hours in November, that's it for 2017.
    I have one gig up and coming in December with my duo - that'll be interesting, as it is a small but well-established Jazzclub and I hope for future gigs.
    My gear will probably only be my guitar and bass for 2 songs.
    Ibanez ARtciore AF75 plus my pedalboard plus Hughes & Kettner Edition Tube 25th; Fender Precision direct to mixing desk.

Apart from that it'll may be one or two jams here and there, but nothing planned.....

teletimetx likes this.
  5. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

20170721_212832.jpg View attachment 461462

Playing this Friday with Tide Eyes at a house party with a cool touring band from Georgia called Floral Print.

I will be playing with my trusty surf green dryads into my trusty 80s pop/new wave themed pedalboard into my trusty JC120 and playing my trusty DX7 synthesizer and my trusty SP404 samplers.

Then fast forward to the week after, Nov. 3rd, I'll be playing a cool show at OPOTWS in Greensboro with my new new wave duo, Just Like the Ocean.

Gigging is life!

teletimetx and Paul in Colorado like this.
  6. Pineears

Pineears Tele-Afflicted

Just booked a Christmas gig for early Dec. It’ll be on the town square in front of the chamber of commerce. Will play the afternoon preceding the arrival of the Christmas parade. Me and my bass player. B Bender Tele, Vintage Sound V15, TC Helicon Play Electric, Anniversary P Bass, Fender Rumble 200, powered Behringer mains, sub, monitors and XR12 mixer. Backing tracks from BIAB. A couple of iPads and a 20” screen for lyrics.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    teletimetx likes this.
  7. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Holic

This coming Saturday at a local bar/restaurant called The Hop House in Pittsburgh, PA. We have not played there before, but it appears to be a decent venue. We will be doing our usual 3 sets of classic rock covers.

Gear:
    Guitar - Tele partscaster (Strat partscaster as backup)
    Amp - Boss Katana 100 with GA-FC foot switch and volume pedal in the effects loop.
    Pedals - None! (using the on board effects on the Katana)

Here is a photo of the place (that is not us, just a shot from their web page). Hopefully we will draw a bigger crowd!

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.40.55 AM.png

teletimetx likes this.
  8. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Really pumped that we are playing my favourite little legion on Nov. 11, rememberence day.
    Rememberence day is a pretty special thing for me as my Pa was a tail gunner in ww2
    Always get a big dance crowd, and our buddies come out to support us and do their part help the bar empty the old stock and make room for new.

teletimetx likes this.
  9. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Playing a private party at a beach house on a popular lake less than an hour from my home. Gonna be great getting out of the bars for a night. Good pay free food an drinks. They also rented us a cabin for Friday an Saturday night to accommodate the entire band. I'll be bringing my shure wireless mic. Maybe I can sneak in my tele an plug into something lol. Our 2 guitarist said I had to sing till I could play as well as they play. Since they are amazing looks like I'm stuck singing for awhile.

10. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Veterans Day ceremony flagraising and chow at Chinle tomorrow. Should be cold outside at 8:30am.
    Bringing Ampeg Micro CL and Epiphone EB-3L.
    Instrumental for seating, then a few songs for chow line and lunch.
    I’ll post in “How’d it Go? “ thread tomorrow.

11. ddewerd

ddewerd Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Playing at a first ever event (called Fayette Fest) in my little town (Fayetteville, TX) this Saturday, Nov 11.

Veterans Day program at noon, then 5 bands. I'm also the emcee. We are the 3rd band, so we'll go on about 5:00 pm, should be nice, about 73 degrees.

Using my standard setup - '63 Tele, Fender HR DeVille 2x12, Digitech RP500 multi-effects unit.

Best part is that I don't have to haul my own PA.

Cheers,
    Doug

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  12. Guitharley

Guitharley Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Also forgot to mention...this will be the maiden voyage gig for my new Sweet Spot.... P1020280.JPG

String Tree and teletimetx like this.
  13. String Tree

image.jpeg I feel like I will be playing two new guitars but, that is only because I changed the strings on them.

I've been a Bad Boy. Been far too long since I've changed them.
    I am very lucky I didn't break a string at the last gig.

No longer shall I tempt Fate.

Besides, nothing says How Ya Doin' like a Strat with new strings.

teletimetx likes this.
  14. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

Weekly brewpub gig tonight. Taking the usual telecaster, SF Princeton (no-verb) plus an acoustic 12-string, just for a song or two, because I can. It's a Takamine 523 something, something. Maple back & sides, big box. Should be fun night.

15. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Holic

This Saturday at the Dormont, PA VFW. I will be taking my current number one, my 2016 Gibson SG Standard, and playing through my Boss Katana 100. My backup guitar will be my Tele style parts caster. The plan is to not use any effects pedals (other than a volume pedal), as I have 4 pre-programmed channels with various levels of dirt and effects on the Katana.

teletimetx likes this.
  16. sockgtr

sockgtr Tele-Meister

In about 3hrs:

Dupont DM50 w/K&K Definity into Crate Taxi.

For low volume gigs, surprisingly good sounding.

TW and Dupont.jpg

teletimetx likes this.
  17. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I have a bass gig Friday at Donn’s Depot, with Donn, the owner and Tuesday and Friday night entertainer.
    I’m going to use my Ovation Magnum I bass, my PRS Kestrel bass, and my old Traynor Block 80 combo amp.
    Simple rig, simple gig.

teletimetx likes this.
  18. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Surf band has a gig at Wildrose brewery in NW Indiana tomorrow night. Cabronita into pedal board into reverb tank into BDRI.

teletimetx likes this.
  19. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Tonight at a local bar & grill. '52 AVRI >Polytune>TS9> Chorus> Flanger> Carbon Copy> DRRI

teletimetx likes this.
  20. String Tree

Playing at a Club an hour from where I live Saturday night.
    Three-piece so-so cover band. We could be really good but, we're not :)

Drummers Birthday. I don't know him very well but, he gets us well-paying gigs and things have always gone smoothly for us.
    I Play Guitar and Baritone and our third piece is a Keyboard player.
    All three of us sing lead and back-up.

They have been together for years, I'm the new guy.
    They have said there will be Many of their old Musician friends and former band mates from decades past getting-up for guest appearances all night. I think it will be a blast.
    I am tempted to bring my MIJ knock-off P-Bass.

My main weapons of choice will be my Strat, Tele-Bari and, '78 LP Custom >modest fx> '73 Vibrochamp > e609 mic > House PA. Vocals, trusty SM 58.

teletimetx likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.