Ok, so whats your next gig and gear...

Discussion in 'Band Wagon' started by T Prior, Sep 15, 2015.

1. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

Sittin' in with some friends this coming Saturday.
    Their regular guitarist booked himself with his other band and this band forgot the date was off-limits and booked this new gig, anyway.
    (the band is lead singer/guitarist, bass, drums, and me on second guitar and harmony vocals)

Good news for me, as these guys are fun to play with. They do a lot of blues and classic rock with several "jam tunes" sprinkled through the set list. All good guys and all excellent players - I'll need to be on my toes.

So, I'm going in with a rig I know well - so I can make quick adjustments for whatever comes up.

Amp: '68 Fender Deluxe Reverb w/Reverend Alltone 12 speaker and a pair of NOS Marconi 6V6s.
    Pedals - bringing my small board: Digitech Hardwire CM-2 (OD) and SC-2 (Distortion), Dano Cool Cat Tremolo, and Flashback Mini delay.
    Guitars: #1 - converted MIM Esquire with a Fralin bridge pickup and Barden neck pickup.
    #2 - homebrew Tele with Warmoth Strat neck and a pair of Barden pickups (the "Modern" Tele set).

Nice club - first band in under their new management.
    Looking forward to just being the "hired gun" for this one, especially since I know the guys.

2. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Wed 10/4, 6pm to 9pm, Resident Culture Brewery , Central Ave, Charlotte NC . Trio, kinda Bluegrass/Americana, Taylor Acoustic and Gold Tone Dobro. Love these small Brewery gigs, easy, early and generally 2 or 3 sets. Probably be a somber gig this week.
    IMG_8595.JPG

teletimetx likes this.
  3. asatfan

asatfan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Indianapolis Arts Garden downtown Indy, tomorrow Wednesday, Oct 4, 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 P.m......lunch entertainment.
    With Frank Dean and the Peterbuilts. Acoustic version with our pedal steel player....no drums. Old country with some Beatles thrown in as we have a "Beatle Bash" coming up Friday at Radio Radio in Fountain Square (Indianapolis).

Probably play my newly acquired Washburn with Forest Lee Jr B-bender. Plays good, sounds good, bender stays in tune.

teletimetx likes this.
  4. teletimetx

teletimetx Doctor of Teleocity

My regular weekly brewpub gig tonight- my tele, SF Princeton, pedalboard. Will also take along an Epi LP Jr. for some open D tunes and a Gibson flattop.

5. songtalk

songtalk Friend of Leo's

Tomorrow night I'm playing my first outdoor gig since 2014. I'm realllllly hoping the humidity down here let's up by then or its gonna be hell on my gear.

I generally hate playing outdoors but this is a local coffee shops party for opening a new location. I'm also going to get paid. Also the guy who owns the coffee shop is named 'Jeff Beck' so I'm hoping to get an autograph and a photo.

Only thing radically different about my current live rig, is my OD808 has morphed into a TS9 (suuuuuuuper radical lol). I

20171005_213043.jpg

teletimetx likes this.
  6. AJ Love

AJ Love Friend of Leo's

Playing 40's and 50's style Chicago Blues along with some Robert Johnson songs.... Telecaster into a 70's Pignose

drlucky likes this.
  7. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

Tomorrow night ...Bike night for a Harley dealership. 6-9..hope the weather holds up.

8. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Playing a Neighborhood Night Out on October 29th at a school near the bass players house. Money AND dinner!

As for gear, Taylor acoustic, G&L Tribute ASAT, pedal board and which amp, I haven't decided yet.

9. Knowcaster

Knowcaster Tele-Holic

A local community club called the Tap Club is having a Halloween Party a week from Saturday. I will be debuting my new Boss Katana 100 in a gigging situation. I am taking it to rehearsal tonight so I will see how it does in a band mix. I will probably use my Gibson SG standard, with its red "devil horns" in honor of the occasion.:twisted:

Flyinlow likes this.
  10. Flyinlow

Flyinlow Tele-Meister

Halloween weekend! October 27th here in NE Indiana, and at another place in Ohio October 28th. Over the years, I've been Dr Evil, Beetlejuice (with my own hair!), Santa Claus... We're going for a Hee-Haw motif this year. Smoke, Strobes, Black Sabbath, Spell on You, I'm Your Withdoctor (Bluesbreakers), about half the From Dusk Till Dawn soundtrack.
    Strats, Teles, P90 and humbucker Gibsons, Peavey Classic 30, best pedalboard I can rig for the job.

11. sockgtr

sockgtr Tele-Meister

This Saturday I'll be playing with my swing band and using:

Brad Paisley Tele - with new mirror pickguard!
    PRRI

Not my normal swing rig, but I gotta try it out :)

teletimetx likes this.
  12. Chicago Matt

Chicago Matt Friend of Leo's

A monthly 4 hour bar gig on Saturday with my roots trio. We do blues, swing, blues rock and a few old school country and jazz numbers. It's a small low-volume room. Small PA, my Mission 5E3 kit built amp. For guitars - it's my Road Worn Tele and Clapton Strat. I love playing this place - nice management and great, appreciative clientele.

teletimetx and ndcaster like this.
  13. AAT65

AAT65 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Gig coming up this Saturday at Livingston Cricket Club. I’ll be playing my American Elite Tele through my Vox AC15C1, with my Zoom MS-100BT doing duty as tuner, chorus (occasionally) and a bit of extra boost, but mostly just using my ABY to switch between or combine the Vox channels.
    I will also bring along a spare guitar, probably my PRS SE245.

It will be an interesting gig for the a few reasons — 4th gig in a row with a different lineup, this time a new drummer. We haven’t yet managed a rehearsal with him and the singer in the room at the same time so it will be the first time this lineup has played together, and also the first time we’ve played a bunch of new songs including 20th Century Boy, Queen B!tch and Into The Great Wide Open (added last week as a Tom Petty tribute).
    Oh yeah, we’re also down one guitarist — normally we have two electrics and one acoustic, this time the other electric guitarist is on holiday. He does most of the solos so I have to take those on, and the acoustic guy needs to take some of his rhythm parts.

It’s also the first time we will be paid — not expecting to do more than cover rehearsal studio fees, if that! But we play for fun, not funds.

teletimetx and soul-o like this.
  14. drlucky

drlucky Tele-Holic

This Saturday afternoon with Blake Jones and the Trike Shop (art-infected pop) at Joe's Great American Bar & Grill in Burbank. 45 minute set on a bill with three other bands. I'll be using my Rickenbacker 330 through either a Hot Rod Deville or a Vox AC30 (that's the backline provided), with my Chris Pierce Bad Mouse Distortion and Boss tuner.

teletimetx likes this.
  15. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

image.jpeg I have two gigs today.
    I play guitar with friends Lamar and Bob at a senior living complex today at 3:30PM.
    I am bringing my Chet and B bender Tele and Roland Cube 80XL.
    Later I have a bass gig at my old haunt, Donn’s Depot.
    I’m bringing my new (to me) Ovation Magnum I bass.
    This one.
    Looking forward to both gigs!

String Tree likes this.
  16. teletimetx

that neck pickup looks large enough to cause a disturbance in the Force!

Chicago Matt and brookdalebill like this.
  17. Paul in Colorado

Isn't that Danny Partridge's old bass?

18. soul-o

soul-o Friend of Leo's

Danny "played" an Ovation typhoon hollow body. This is more in the Jah Wobble zone.

19. Paul in Colorado

Yeah, but he was an endorser and they gave him all the new models. I saw it when I was dating Laurie. :D

teletimetx likes this.
  20. teletimetx

Busy week coming up. Monday is roadhouse choir gig. Wednesday will be regular weekly brewpub gig. Thursday, I'll being playing as a duo with long time bandmate (from other bands) at a new venue. Tele and SF Princeton and Gibby flattop.

Chicago Matt likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.