OK, so Organic food...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Jul 20, 2019.

1. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc Friend of Leo's

Without intending to make any judgment on either side, I'd have to say you can likely find someone to refute just about anything you ask them to, given enough "grant money".

Personally, I do fall on the side of feeling that the chemicals should go thru all the testing that pharmaceuticals do (although that in itself is nowhere near a perfect tool either) to prove they're safe before they're allowed to be used.

2. getbent

getbent Telefied Ad Free Member

political thread is political.

3. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I thought this was an organic thread

4. daddyplaysbass

daddyplaysbass Tele-Holic

I try to avoid organic food, no preservatives and I usually have to add my own gluten

5. stephent2

stephent2 Poster Extraordinaire

That was our only use for the microwave in the last year or so. Reheating coffee or tea. A microwaved Jimmy Dean,.. just no.

T

6. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Prayers sent.

24 track likes this.
  7. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

here, lets throw some seeds in the ground .we wont add any anything but water and we will sell it as organic and charge 25% more

here, lets throw some seeds in the ground and throw some cow poop on it then, kill off all the blight and bugs with chemicals and we sell it for cheap becuase they can wash it at home before eating it

All fruits and veggies are organic as in carbon based , what needs to be observed is the growing practices of the originating countries, Asian, American, Mexican, South American, Canadian, all have different laws governing the growing practices, the USDA lables on fresh produce indicates that the produce meets a certain standard to be certified as ORGANIC which in its self is a missnomer.

8. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The proof is in the taste... I think at this point I am worried quite a bit about RoundUp/Glyphosphate but what can you do? Kind of hard to avoid everything with it. Sounds like most of you can find the roundup in our blood. :(

But there are some things it sure seems like taste a heck of a lot better organic.
    - Grass fed organic beef & chicken (this is maybe the most dramatic for me)
    - Wild caught fish is organic and often tastes better IMO (maybe a bit more gray)
    - Organic/Free-Range eggs are a lot better (pretty dramatic IMO)
    - Some of the vegetables are a lot better as well

I just got back from a trip to Europe. Hadn't been there in 20 years. I was in France, Germany, and Switzerland. They never allowed GMO, and they've never allowed Roundup. A lot more of the food is grown more naturally. You could really taste the difference. Simple stuff, not fancy meals. They treat their eggs very differently.. we inject ours with an antibiotic & wash them. They do not wash them because of some natural protective coating they think is more important to preserve. The way they do eggs is illegal here, the way we do eggs is illegal there. No contest, the eggs taste dramatically better over there. Maybe they have no factory egg farms there and that's part of it. I feel like sometimes we get eggs here that are fantastic. We have family that has a small farm that give us eggs sometimes. Their eggs/chickens are 100% organic and taste amazing like in Europe. Actually hadn't thought about that, if you get eggs from a local source there is no way they're bleached/injected, they have to be Euro style.

My wife is cheap and reads way less than I do, so we don't eat that much organic.. sometimes we do, sometimes we don't. She will occasionally want to buy stuff if her FB friends are bleating about it but then forgets about it after a little while.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.