OK... so I promised... here ya are. . . .

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Ronkirn, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

here's a few more.... you have mail.

Ron

2. Ben the Tradie

Ben the Tradie TDPRI Member

Thank you very much Sir... My wife might be the only person to dislike you now... A few more tools and I can begin to attack :)

3. Ronkirn

Ronkirn Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Let me add, after so many years, . . . in this thread you will see a neck with the Fender headstock shape. This was one of the last I did.. At the insistence of Mark Van Vleet, Attorney for Fender, and a reenforcement of the faux pas by Bill Lawrence, I discontinued making anything with Fenders Headstock designs.

Mark simply point out that the shape itself is a registered trademark, and not available for use by anyone other than FMIC or one of their subsidiaries. Bill pointed out that using someone else's designs means when my guitar was seen at a modest distance, it was assumed it was a Fender, thus any promotional benefit of the guitar being used in a professional context was lost...

So today, if you order an S-Type guitar built by me, this is what headstock shape it will arrive with.

Ron

DSC_8954.JPG

4. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

That’s a gorgeous headstock, Ron. Think of how great it will be when someone from across the room will say, “Hey, that’s a Ron Kirn!”

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.