Ok older (50+) people, be self aware : have you started thinking out loud/thinking everyone needs your input ?

Wound_Up

Tele-Holic
Vegans are very similar people who claim to have perfect pitch. Whatever you are talking with them about, eventually they work it into the conversation.
”Is this chair available in Kelly Green?”
”I”m a vegan”

Nice color choice lol. My high school colors were Kelly Green & White and I never see anyone specify Kelly Green when talking about green. So it stuck out big time.

teletimetx

Doctor of Teleocity
Stuff comes at you in stages; for example,

1. At a certain age you notice that you have become completely invisible to any member of the subset you find attractive. Completely and totally irrelevant. Oh, you sorrowful pup - as if this weren’t bad enough, the next phase begins.

2. Not only are you invisible, but should anyone remotely attractive happen to cross your path, they immediately send this psychic message - without so much as a glance, it’s a look in their eyes: “Don’t. Even. Look. At. Me. You. Gelatinous. Slug.”
Fun, but it’s not over yet - as if this weren’t bad enough, the final phase, you should live so long!

3. “Ah, isn’t the harmless grandpa-dude cute? Could someone wipe the drool offa his chin?”

What was I here for?

oldunc

Friend of Leo's
Of course, every generation feels the need to try to stop the next from repeating their mistakes. Futile of course, but it's in the DNA. Then again, the younger generation seems determined to tell us how much better life would be if we let our telephones live it for us- everybody's a wiseass (is there a song in that?)

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
Nice color choice lol. My high school colors were Kelly Green & White and I never see anyone specify Kelly Green when talking about green. So it stuck out big time.
We still say Kelly Green in these parts
1656371743010.png

Last edited:

Flat6Driver

Poster Extraordinaire
3. “Ah, isn’t the harmless grandpa-dude cute? Could someone wipe the drool offa his chin?”

What was I here for?
Those old grandpa types that never aay anything have life experiences that might far out pace anything I've ever done. Maybe they invented plutonium, flew jets in the war or were a mob contract killer or myriad other things. Just quietly sitting there and we think they are cute and helpless. And that scare the **** out of me!

WireLine

Tele-Afflicted
At and before age 50 I’d share my opinions, solicited or not. Age 66 unless one is fixing to set themselves on fire, I just prefer to accept there other ways to do things…

Toast

Tele-Afflicted
I've got a friend who has some kind of heavy metal styled guitar. It's just the most awful looking guitar in my eye, laughably juvenile really. Super sharp looking edges, a headstock that's like a bent bayonet, all black . . . it's the kind of guitar Gene Simmons would carry around. The problem is he LOVES this guitar. He sends me pictures of it on occasion. I have to admit that the recordings, made with this guitar, sound pretty good. Nevertheless, I just want to come out and tell him that I think Hello Kitty guitars have more style than his guitar. Still, I've held my tongue (I've even given the guitar compliments), but every part of me wants to say, "Dude, c'mon look at that thing. No, LOOK AT IT! Are you serious?" So far, I've kept it together though and I chalk that up to aging gracefully, well, at least trying to.

Harry Styron

Friend of Leo's
my wife's 59 year old cousin calls all other males 'sport'.... as in...

'hi sport, can I get you a drink'
Jay Gatsby called Nick Caraway “old sport,” which annoyed Nick. Maybe your wife’s cousin is like Gatsby, not quite comfortable with his wealth. When Gatsby called Tom Buchanan “old sport,” Tom snapped at him. Guys get tetchy when you sniff around their wives.

Last edited:

Doctor of Teleocity
Around here is the only place I have a constant filter. At home I tell my family whatever pops in my head. They usually have a good laugh. I’m pretty blunt with my friends just like they are with me. No skirting around each other’s feelings. We like the truth. If my haircut looks dumb tell me so I don’t do it again. If my barbecue is dry let me know so I can fix it next time. If you and I don’t agree on something I want to hear your opinion because I might be wrong or misinformed.
This right here.

Nogoodnamesleft

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I have nobody here to listen. But I find I say things out loud when I have an intrusive thought about a bad past event or my ex girlfriend. Sometimes it’s a simple “nope” and other times a phrase that rhymes with truck foo <insert ex-gf name>.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Much in the way of the Progressive “Are you turning into your parents ?” commercials…

Worse case scenario (truly) one that (thankfully) my brain did control : saw a primarily blues guitarist (we all know the dude) perform at a club (he was great) . Afterwards he was hanging out chatting up people and I almost blurted out -

“dude, you don’t have to be that fat at your age !”

WTF ?! 🫣

I can’t believe that because it entered my brain I felt the need to have it exit my mouth.

I could blame it on my Covid fog but…nah…I’m just an old a-hole now apparently ! 😩😂

Anybody else wanna turn the 300W bulb on themselves ? Shockers/needing to keep your hands clamped over your mouth while in the grocery store ? 🙊
I remind myself not to talk to strangers. But, yeah.

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Actually, he was dressed quite nicely, and selling Spectrum Cable. I told him I already had Spectrum internet. He asked me if I had the Spectrum Cable line up? I said no, don't get greedy.
I tell those joiks “I’m not from here.”

I’ve lived here for 20 years, but I wasn’t born here. I borrowed it from a lady that wasn’t from here. I saw the salesman’s reaction and walked up to the woman that said it and told her I was gonna borrow that phrase. She about died laughing and said she was gonna start using it when she got back home 😂

Marc Morfei

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Last few years I no longer feel the need to speak up, even when I know someone else is 100% wrong. No point; not gonna change anyone's mind anyways.

Only thing I wouldn't let go is if I thought someone was being endangered in some way by the idiocy. Otherwise, have at it.
Yeah me too. I’ll say something indisputably 100% right, and if someone disagrees, it’s “well ok then, good luck with that.” No sense in arguing - or even having a conversation with - some people.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
Just a few hours ago I got out of my truck at the grocery store, and the first thing that caught my eye was the car next to me had really old and almost bald tires that were cracking.

I actually put my hand on the rear tire just to feel how hard it was, and as I did woman got in from the other side. I almost was going to say hey you better get these tires changed quick, but then that Progressive commercial flashed in my mind and I just walked away. Now I kind of wished I had said something.