1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

OK no more Reverb for me

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by tfarny, Dec 22, 2020.

1. radiocaster

radiocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I still use it sometimes, and now I only still want about 3 pedals from there, but there's no way I'm paying 60-70 for one that's worth 30, or 200 for one that's worth 100, even according to the price guides, and common sense.

I might pay a little more, but I'm not paying sucker prices.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I sold off most of my stuff before the world went nuts. The more I read stories and threads like this the more I'm convinced if I can't sell something pretty easily I probably should just give it away.

3. aleski

aleski Tele-Meister

You can, but I can't imagine the responses are any more sympathetic. ;)

4. Billy3

Billy3 Tele-Meister

Not to many good deals there for used stuff these days. I also like to play a guitar before I buy it. Hard to judge a book by its cover if you know what I mean. Is convenient for some though. I just can't afford to roll the dice, especially on something relatively expensive. To much hastle. I'd rather give someone my money to someone whose eyes I can see.

5. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Yes. I'm happy to pay the reverb fees to avoid this. And I've gotten to know my friendly neighborhood post office.

6. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Reverb and Ebay are interchangeable to me, as both a buyer and seller. I adjust prices based on the penalty, that's all. No CL, don't want random folk knowing where I live and what I have, and its too much trouble to tryout CL gear at the local store, and suffer the tire kickers. Plus, CL shoppers in my area have about $75 max in cash, if its payday.

7. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

It doesn't add up to me. Maybe the OP can post some details?

The latest update shows transaction and selling fees total 7.7%
    $1050*(1-7.7%)=$969
    State sales taxes are paid by the buyer, not the seller. Shipping could be paid by either, apparently here by the seller, but over $200 in shipping?

This should all be clear up front, no?

By the way, most states are collecting internet sales taxes now.
    https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2019-12-24/most-states-now-tax-online-purchases

8. archtop_fjk

archtop_fjk Tele-Holic

This is precisely why I closed my Reverb account. No way am I giving them my bank account information just to get paid for a sale. I mostly buy on eBay now as well. Maybe someday they will change their business model but until then I’m not going to use them...

9. DDickens

DDickens Tele-Meister

Would you do $450?

T-Bone, tfarny, driver8 and 1 other person like this.
  10. driver8

driver8 Tele-Holic

I bought a couple of guitars, an amp, and sold a few things on Reverb. I got great deals on everything, and that more than made up for the reverb fees on the small stuff I sold (pickups, etc.). I probably wouldn't sell a bigger ticket item there and get gouged, though, I'd have to jack up the price to cover, and I hate doing that. The problem is what are the alternatives? Ebay's essentially the same, and CL sucks. FB marketplace? I haven't used that and don't know anything about it, but maybe that's the answer. ???

11. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

I've recently seen some really low prices on FB Marketplace which is the only reason to use FB. PRS SE singlecut for 250, G&L USA ASAT for $700, AC15 for $350.
    It's great how everyone is trying to "solve my problem" - The 1050 is the seller's price with tax included as I said a few times. Shipping is over $100. And this is not supposed to be a math thread, this is supposed to be an old man complaining that The Prices Are Too Damn High thread!

12. SRHmusic

SRHmusic Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Got it. Yup, taxes, shipping and fees are high. Please continue.

13. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Tele-Meister

I love REVERB...especially when it's a TWIN.:)

[​IMG]

radiocaster likes this.
  14. YALCaster

YALCaster Tele-Meister

It’s not fun having fees. Just take whatever your listing price is, and figure out what 92% is, that’s what you’re taking home.

driver8 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.