1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

OK iPhoners, help out the geezer...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by schmee, Apr 21, 2021.

1. schmee

schmee Doctor of Teleocity

SO... when I group text, I have trouble getting some contacts into the group.

My contacts list includes people's emails etc it seems. I never put these in. I assume they come automatic from having wifi connected occassionally? (I dont use my iPhone for email or on line purchases etc)

So when I try to add a person to a group text, I never know which I'm putting in... email? Home phone? Cell?
    But the next issue is, when you add a person to a text (even not a group) sometimes I can't add their number to put in! I know it's in my phone but the only options that show up is their email or home phone.
    WTF?
    I can go search and find their cell number, but cant add it to a group text.

Questions:
    Can I eliminate the emails in my contacts somehow?
    Or can I set my phone to only show phone numbers in contacts?
    WTH am I doing wrong?

2. suave eddie

suave eddie Friend of Leo's

When you text to someone else with an Apple product (iPhone, iPad) it gets sent as an iMessage using data, not an SMS text, which utilizes your phone network and not data.

The ones that you cannot add to your group text are probably the ones who do not have apple products.

3. suave eddie

suave eddie Friend of Leo's

I discovered this by accident myself a while back when a band I was in was trying to communicate by group text and certain members would not get included.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.