Ohio is freaky

bigbean

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
OK, so look, Ohio got off to a bad start.

When a half assed writer showed up with some fur trappers in 1645 and asked the local native
Americans. "What do you call this place?" gesturing in the direction of the big river at the western border. The locals looked at each other with a big eye roll and said "Are you stupid? it's a river.." literally O-roi-O.

The writer wrote down that they had entered into Ohio. The locals just shrugged and moved away from the crazy people.

It's been all down hill ever since.

This is a true story. (but not a news report)

I like it anyway.

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
I was also there!!!

Maybe you are in this picture I took at one of the shows…
View attachment 936333

Oh wow, that’s really amazing to see. If this was night 1, I would be on the floor, Jerry side, maybe 15 rows back (our real seats were somewhere in the nosebleeds, but security was lax enough that we walked right down to the floor). Can’t remember where our seats were on night 2.

Last edited:

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh wow, that’s really amazing to see. If this was night 1, I would be on the floor, Jerry side, maybe 15 rows back (our real seats were somewhere in the nosebleeds, but security was lax enough that we walked right down to the floor). Can’t remember where our seats were on night 2.

The nosebleed section at the coliseum was a serious nosebleed section. I was up there in '90 (I think) for Motley Crue, I actually got vertigo. It was that steep and high. It felt like if you leaned forward, you'd fall all the to the floor.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
the intelligent yogurt knows.

How many people will understand that reference? I got it! I think that was written about the company I work for. We have literally been told in an all hands meeting:

"We know there is ITIL and documented best practices, but we are [company name], and we don't follow that because we know better!"​

Guess what? They didn't, and we are still digging ourselves out.

Chip

Friend of Leo's

The photo I posted is from the second night. I was sitting next to the stage Jerry side.
The first night I was in the tenth row between Bobby & Phil....damn we were really close to each other.
How amazing is that?!?!

EugeneWeemich

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
How many people will understand that reference? I got it! I think that was written about the company I work for. We have literally been told in an all hands meeting:

"We know there is ITIL and documented best practices, but we are [company name], and we don't follow that because we know better!"​

Guess what? They didn't, and we are still digging ourselves out.

Humans are too close to the problem. :p

421JAM

Tele-Afflicted
The photo I posted is from the second night. I was sitting next to the stage Jerry side.
The first night I was in the tenth row between Bobby & Phil....damn we were really close to each other.
How amazing is that?!?!

Very cool! We drove up there from Atlanta without tickets. We brought extra tickets for the upcoming Atlanta shows to trade and within 15 minutes of getting to the parking lot we had tickets for both nights in Ohio. Fun road-trip!

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
We just drove diagonally across Ohio from top to bottom. Twice in a week.

12 hr run from Detroit to Charleston SC.

The weird thing ? The Ohio portion of the trip took two days !

Oy .

Vey.

Never again.

We’ve got a couple sources of free accommodations down there but next time ? We’ll drive to Akron (2.5 hrs) and take a cheap puddle jumper ($160 round trip) down.

Driving through other states, I’ve never been so thankful of the Michigan “no trucks in the fast lane EVER” law…