Ohio is freaky

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
There is a very discernible difference. You just have to be from the midwest to know. That is kind of like saying California and Arizona are the same.

no ocean in Arizona
never been any olympics in Arizona, had both in Ca.

I've traveled both In & Ohio... both nice places. both very similar. mostly flat, rivers, nice medium sized cities... but.. kinda the same.

SRBMusic

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Union City - straddles both states.
Wikipedia says Union City, Indiana, FWIW. That said, it’s so typically OH that it spans the border. Maybe Randy Hobbs was from Union City, OH or something. Or maybe they practiced in a garage split by the border, or something.

Dave Hicks

Friend of Leo's
Ohio, you say? If I stand on a tuna fish can, I can see it from here.

True, it ain't all that much, but it don't take much, neither.

D.H.

Last edited:

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
as if there is a discernable difference in the two.

You know Kentucky real well.

My family in far Southern Ohio dates back to just after Statehood and I see places in Indiana that could be KY or OH easily.

We split. You and I. Probably because we knew the differences that some people go on about, are in the end, of no moment.

mfguitar

Friend of Leo's
I used to go to North Baltimore in Ohio and as far as I know, there was no Baltimore, Oh. The real fun was in the surrounding flatlands they did not believe in road signs, every crossroad looked the same.

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
You know Kentucky real well.

My family in far Southern Ohio dates back to just after Statehood and I see places in Indiana that could be KY or OH easily.

We split. You and I. Probably because we knew the differences that some people go on about, are in the end, of no moment.

people forget that Tom sat on his couch and drew up completely arbitrary boundaries leaving us to extoll our differences.

billy logan

Tele-Holic
Where might she have been born and raised? Clue: It's about 200 miles west of North Lima, Ohio
upload_2021-12-22_17-50-48.jpeg

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Last edited:

billy logan

Tele-Holic
Another typical Ohioan
images

sShWE61bKoliXhsngIjUjN

Also. When an person born in the capital of Ohio howls at the moon, it might sound like this, at 1:43

Yes, granted, eastern Ohio is a lot like western Pennsylvania. Southern Ohio is green and hilly like Kentucky. You could film a western Ohio movie in Indiana. It's the people, and their distinctive sense of direction, and sense of how to live, that makes Ohio...

billy logan

Tele-Holic
In case you skipped past JDB2's posts, here's an artist's rendering of the Serpent Mound -
upload_2021-12-27_19-43-15.jpeg

[edited to add this video] A Kentuckian singing about forsaking the charms of home to go north on Route 23 and "a world of misery.". Of course a Kentuckian is too considerate to name Ohio, or to use the word "freaky" in this context...but if you look at a map...

btw xlnt Telecaster in there!

Last edited:

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
In case you skipped past JDB2's posts, here's an artist's rendering of the Serpent Mound -
View attachment 934000

[edited to add this video] A Kentuckian singing about forsaking the charms of home to go north on Route 23 and "a world of misery.". Of course a Kentuckian is too considerate to name Ohio, or to use the word "freaky" in this context...but if you look at a map...

btw xlnt Telecaster in there!

I used to live less than a mile from Rt 23. It was the main drag of my hometown.

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh you guys...
I was born and raised in Ohio.
Youngstown. Spent a lot of time in Eastern PA and Wheeling West VA.

Played all around Akron, hung out at Kent State. Lived in Cleveland.

Used to drink real White Lighning and Moonshine. Then go see The Dead Boys. And The Michael Stanley Band. Good times. Cleveland ... WMMS The Buzzard!
The Get Down Man...Murray Saul. Kid Leo...The World Series Of Rock in Ckeveland Stadium.

Local Band Left End !!!!
Heck...The James Gang.

The Cardiac Kids...The Dawg Pound ... the Cleveland Browns...Brian Sipe.

Ohio...gotta drive on the Ohio Turnpike. Cedar Point ... Sandusky...

Big Chuck and Lil John on TV.
Ohio White Trash Cookin'
Biker Gangs...
Yeah...
Good Times back in the day !!!
FG

These are all of the high points of living in Ohio from the '60s to maybe the mid '90s. I preferred when it was Hoolihan and Big Chuck but Big Chick and Lil John was better than the Big Nothing we have now. Hell, Michael Stanley is dead now.

The only reason I'm still in this contaminated rat-hole of a state is family. If my daughter and my mother weren't here, I'd probably be gone. Somewhere warm, with an ocean where I could live like Jimmy Buffet. Which reminds me, the western basin of lake Erie used to be pretty cool but it's gotten really crowded.

Part Dailey singing his songs of misadventure over the 4th of July at Put-in-Bay. That was a good time but, alas, Pat's been retired for 6-7 years now.

985plowboy

Poster Extraordinaire
There’s nothing wrong with Ohio.
Except the snow and the rain.
I really like Drew Carey and I’d love to see the rock and roll hall of fame.

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I used to go to North Baltimore in Ohio and as far as I know, there was no Baltimore, Oh. The real fun was in the surrounding flatlands they did not believe in road signs, every crossroad looked the same.
My brother saw Wishbone ash and Zztop in North Baltimore,..I think it was called boogie hill concerts..

3fngrs

Poster Extraordinaire
There’s nothing wrong with Ohio.
Except the snow and the rain.
I really like Drew Carey and I’d love to see the rock and roll hall of fame.

Warning: You'd have to go to Cleveland. It's not as much fun as Drew Carey makes it look.

I will say that the Drew Carey Show does get the general feel of NE Ohio, they just make it seem a lot more fun than it is. Maybe, if they got mugged more often and had few run ins with the best cops and troopers outside of Georgia would also add to the realism.

Last edited:

MisterZ

Tele-Afflicted
In the village 5 miles from where I am, East Main Street is south of Main Street.

Always reminds me of Cheech & Chong's "Basketball Jones", where someone plays for the East Westchester North Stars, champions of the Southside League.