Ohio is freaky

stxrus

Poster Extraordinaire
Oh you guys...
I was born and raised in Ohio.
Youngstown. Spent a lot of time in Eastern PA and Wheeling West VA.

Played all around Akron, hung out at Kent State. Lived in Cleveland.

Used to drink real White Lighning and Moonshine. Then go see The Dead Boys. And The Michael Stanley Band. Good times. Cleveland ... WMMS The Buzzard!
The Get Down Man...Murray Saul. Kid Leo...The World Series Of Rock in Ckeveland Stadium.

Local Band Left End !!!!
Heck...The James Gang.

The Cardiac Kids...The Dawg Pound ... the Cleveland Browns...Brian Sipe.

Ohio...gotta drive on the Ohio Turnpike. Cedar Point ... Sandusky...

Big Chuck and Lil John on TV.
Ohio White Trash Cookin'
Biker Gangs...
Yeah...
Good Times back in the day !!!
FG
I made the mistake of going to Lakeside. I had NO IDEA what I was getting into. The best part of the week was a crazy afternoon and night on Put In Bay.
I wanted to go to Cedar Point but that never happened. I want to ride that roller coaster.
I was there the week that the steam engine blew up at the Medina Fair.

SRBMusic

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Eh. It's pretty much on the border. It's called the Cincinnati/North Kentucky International Airport. I think that covers it enough.

Yes but that border is a river. Unless your Jesus, you’re not going to walk to the airport from Cincy.

SRBMusic

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
Like FenderGyrl, I’m Ohio born and raised. Cincinnati and then Akron. James Gang was a local band when I was sneaking into Kent State bars to drink 3.2 beer. My first job out of high school, I shoveled snow at KSU the winter after the shootings. That was pretty strange. My first concert was Cream at the Akron Civic Theater. James Gang and The Poor Girls opened up. Look up the Poor Girls, all female rock band waaaay before Joan Jett or the GoGos.

Drew617

Tele-Holic
I was born in Salem (maybe Lisbon, I'm not sure if Salem had a hospital).

We moved when I was 5.

I went to that dragstrip at least once. I have a faint memory of evening, bright lights, and loud engines.

We lived on Robin Ave. My grandparents lived on Butcher Rd.

Probably Salem Hospital. I don’t know that Lisbon’s had a full service hospital, in my lifetime anyway. I know both of those streets - cool!

Drew617

Tele-Holic
Oh you guys...

Used to drink real White Lighning and Moonshine. Then go see The Dead Boys. And The Michael Stanley Band. Good times. Cleveland ... WMMS The Buzzard!
The Get Down Man...Murray Saul. Kid Leo...The World Series Of Rock in Ckeveland Stadium.

Local Band Left End !!!!
Heck...The James Gang.

Ohio White Trash Cookin'
Biker Gangs...
Yeah...
FG

See? She knows what she's talking about! And my son is still hanging out at Kent State!

Can't leave the Kidney brothers out, if we're doing Kent things. :)

I do miss Big Chuck and Little John.

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity

They had that tv show about a radio show. WKRP.

Michigan and Ohio fought over ownership of the Toledo port. Which, much later, made for a more exotic town for my grandparents to run away to elope in.

Cedar Point was my first intra state excursion at five years old.

Freaky Place.

57joonya

Tele-Afflicted
A wide man named booger once said - I thought I was looking at my mothers old—— but that’s in ohio

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
When you find an empty Kayak on the river you need to be able to identify the owner...especially one that a child might be using

A child, paddling alone on the Gauley?

If someone were to assume that the user of a loose, down the river kayak was also the owner, that would be a very foolish thing.

A very Ohio thing, IMO

Boaters are a robust breed. We take care of ourselves. Check out the rescue by some intrepid boaters, of some women in a raft above Ohiopyle Falls on the Youghiogheny (PA) in 2018.

Ohio treats everyone as if they were idiots - that's poor policy, if you ask me. "The Authorities" almost always defer to the whitewater professionals. We save the people - they write the paperwork.

Last edited:

Stringbanger

Telefied
Ad Free Member
My first time in Ohio was on our way to a hunting/fishing trip in Arkansas. I was 18, and my Dad had a PA friend who relocated to Mountain Home, AR. I don’t recall stopping anywhere special, so we might have made a rest stop. My Dad let me drive through Memphis, which I remember vividly, albeit on the interstate.

The second time I visited Ohio was when my first wife and I visited her parents, who had recently relocated there, I think because of her father’s job.

They lived in Columbiana, OH, which is SSW of North Lima.

I took my brother-in-law, aged 14, (I was 22), to a bowling alley. Somehow, I can’t recall the exact circumstances, this guy younger than me picked a fight, which ended up outside the main entrance.

I had not been in a fistfight since high school, but I think that I got the best of him. He pulled my coat over my head, and got a few cheapy punches in. Once I recovered, I nailed him enough to draw blood, then I walked away. My young BIL witnessed the whole thing.

The best part of this story is that my first wife and I drove to Ohio and back in my 1950 Chevy coupe. The drive was mainly on the PA turnpike. The Chevy was not my daily driver, so it was sort of an experiment, and it didn’t let me down.:cool:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Oh you guys...

Local Band Left End !!!!
Heck...The James Gang.

Ohio White Trash Cookin'
Biker Gangs...
Yeah...
FG
You forgot Chrissie Hynde went to Kent too.