Ohio is freaky

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
Say you were in Lima, Ohio. You want to leave. You set out to walk to North Lima, Ohio. You might start walking north. If you thought Ohio was normal. If. If only.

Hiker beware! North Lima, Ohio is pretty much east of Lima, Ohio. 181 straight line miles east of Lima, Ohio. 208 miles by car. Fyi.

335 km by car
291 km as the loon flies

boris bubbanov

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Ohio makes Ohio kayakers put registration numbers on play kayaks, as though they were bass boats or something. This means, when an Ohio boater shows up at Gauley Week during drawdown of the reservoir at Summersville, all the other kayakers turn away in embarrassment. It is IMO the equivalent of wearing a pink tutu.

But, my Mom's family tree goes back to Waverly and surrounds, all the way back to 1804. I sure hope they fix the place eventually.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
OK. I am in Akron. I'm lost. I know I need to turn on Sand Run...

upload_2021-12-20_15-4-40.png

Leonardocoate

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Ohio makes Ohio kayakers put registration numbers on play kayaks, as though they were bass boats or something. This means, when an Ohio boater shows up at Gauley Week during drawdown of the reservoir at Summersville, all the other kayakers turn away in embarrassment. It is IMO the equivalent of wearing a pink tutu.

But, my Mom's family tree goes back to Waverly and surrounds, all the way back to 1804. I sure hope they fix the place eventually.
When you find an empty Kayak on the river you need to be able to identify the owner...especially one that a child might be using

Manual Slim

Friend of Leo's
I went to Ohio once. I got physically threatened at a gas station after politely declining an offer to purchase some stereo equipment from the young men at the car across the pump from me.
Damn. I patted Alex Chilton on the back and marveled at the softness of his shirt. You just never know what Ohio will bring.