1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Oh so tempted

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Lonn, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Found this on the wall at GC this morning. Brand new Player Tele in Burgundy Mist/maple for $549. I'm trying to pay off my GC card or it would have come home with me.

[​IMG]

RYAN1987M and greenhornet like this.
  2. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

Go back and get her she's well nice , and no one can steal her switch tip then.

3. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Tele-Meister

Be nicer with a rosewood neck though

OldDude2, gkterry and RYAN1987M like this.
  4. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Grab the Fiesta red too!

Fendereedo likes this.
  5. Milspec

Milspec Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

It will still be around when that card is paid off. In fact, that price will likely decline as Christmas approaches. As Milton Bearle used to say, "Pick your spots".

6. teleplayr

teleplayr Tele-Afflicted

Put down a deposit on it!

7. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

That's lovely, but after a poor experience with a Player, I personally would pass.

8. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

I'll be the fly in the ointment and say don't buy it. You obviously can't afford it since you already mentioned you have a GC credit card you're currently paying off. No need to buy more gear you can't afford.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but never understood why someone would even have a Guitar Center credit card. It's not like you can use the card anywhere else aside from GC, there really are no perks like points, travel perks, cash back or miles you accrue with other cards, and the interest rate is insane.

9. JIMMY JAZZMAN

JIMMY JAZZMAN Tele-Meister

Credit is just like money, 'cept you gotta pay it back, more than what you borrowed.

10. TwangerWannabe

TwangerWannabe Tele-Holic

All depends how you use credit.

Years ago I had a credit score in the 500's. Total garbage. Now my credit score is over 800. Once you learn how to play the game and use credit to your benefit it can really make your life easier, work to your advantage and open a lot of doors.

11. Binx

Binx Tele-Meister

The GC credit card is 6 months zero interest (sometimes more with promotions) or 5% cash back or something like that. I have one. 5% is a decent amount on larger items.

TwangerWannabe likes this.
  12. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

What happened

13. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

I have credit cards for Sweetwater and Musician's Friend for the SOLE purpose of buying large ticket items at ZERO percent interest for 24 to 48 months. I always pay the balance in full way before the promotional period ends. It has allowed me to buy guitars that I would never buy in one chunk of change. And my credit score is 843 this morning.

TwangerWannabe likes this.
  14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

One of the early ones that had bridge issues. I contacted Fender UK, who refused point blank to do anything about the problem. I think if had been a USA customer, Fender USA would have been more accommodating, as I hear they were very responsive about the matter, more so than their UK equivalent, as they totally sucked.
    I ended up modding it myself with a new bridge, but the whole thing left a bad taste, in the end it wound up on eBay at a loss. I wouldn't touch another. It sounds extreme, but £500 is a **** up too many.

15. BlackieBlues

BlackieBlues TDPRI Member

Of course there are perks. You earn points for $ spent. Then they offer finance deals like 0% interest for 12/36/48 months depending on $ spent and brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Friend of Leo's

Well i understand, i had same issues. I have sold it cheaper, it was butterscotch one. Got New one with right saddles, it had faulty truss rod it got replaced with New one. Love tidepool color

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.