Oh, Facebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
@Obsessed will get this, but for that diversion I remembered when some people who thought they were so good and special with guns joined our biathlon program because of where our range is located. They were humbled in a hurry. Not so great when their heart was beating fast, when they had to move and think fast, and be penalized for doing a poor job.

I was on a XC skiing trail when a bunch of folk schussed past me with rifles strapped to their backs. Huh?! Am I still in Canada? Turned out there was a biathlon circuit.

Rich_S

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I'm glad I got the phone number of the guy who's buying my Peavey bass amp via FB Marketplace. OTOH, we'll have trouble informing our many fans of our next reunion gig, date TBA. With luck, FB will get their problems sorted before I return to my pre-hit-by-car guitar-playing abilities.

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
1633379118_The-unusual-response-of-WhatsApp-and-Instagram-the-day-they-750x375.jpg

magicfingers99

Friend of Leo's
I was on a XC skiing trail when a bunch of folk schussed past me with rifles strapped to their backs. Huh?! Am I still in Canada? Turned out there was a biathlon circuit.
Triathlon, Ski, Shoot, Swim, thats a real sport, those Alpine lakes barely get above freezing and when there's a tie, they make em bicycle across the lake with a snorkel.

ChicknPickn

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Have to say, I watched Myspace eons ago and had a pretty good idea of what social media could become. Never gave Facebook, Twitter, or any of the others anything of mine they could use. My most daring online vice is TDPRI.

Like the ex-Facebook software engineer famously said, "If you can't figure out how they make their money, the product is you."

aging_rocker

Friend of Leo's
Well this side of the pond it's a no go. Having spent an afternoon in a traditional bar downing Guinness like it was going out big fashion. I have to say hic.

Out of interest, nobody on the bus back, joined in my singing The Old Triangle.

Shower of bastards.

OK, you got me feeling homesick now....

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Apparently the system is so thoroughly 'down' that it needs to be fixed in-person, but the people on-site aren't the people that can fix it.
Also facebook badging using the dns so it's complicating people getting into the building.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/what-took-facebook-down-major-global-outage-drags-on/

Apparently even their internal work tools are out at the moment. This is some kerfluffle.

They put every egg in one basket and dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.