OGD 1971 Telecaster

Danman

Tele-Meister
Cool! My 71 Tele is my workhorse and my favorite guitar. It wasn't original when I got it so it was easy to change some stuff to my liking. To me 71 still a good year if you find a good one and they still are affordable compared to earlier ones.

Little Red Tele

Tele-Meister
Cool! My 71 Tele is my workhorse and my favorite guitar. It wasn't original when I got it so it was easy to change some stuff to my liking. To me 71 still a good year if you find a good one and they still are affordable compared to earlier ones.

Is that the one in your avatar pic? lovely!

Danman

Tele-Meister
Is that the one in your avatar pic? lovely!
Hi Little Red Tele! My avatar is my 1960 Tele. See this post about it: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-1960-blonde-slab-board-tele.720493/

It's an amazing guitar as well but I changed the 71 to exactly my needs. As I said, it wasn’t original anyway and the mods I did are reversible, just the pick ups, pots and the bridge…. I've had it since 1987 so it's just part of me. Nothing wrong with my other guitars but something you’ve played that long is just irreplaceable..
Blonde Teles-1960-1971.jpg

Little Red Tele

Tele-Meister
Hi Little Red Tele! My avatar is my 1960 Tele. See this post about it: https://www.tdpri.com/threads/ngd-1960-blonde-slab-board-tele.720493/

It's an amazing guitar as well but I changed the 71 to exactly my needs. As I said, it wasn’t original anyway and the mods I did are reversible, just the pick ups, pots and the bridge…. I've had it since 1987 so it's just part of me. Nothing wrong with my other guitars but something you’ve played that long is just irreplaceable.. View attachment 936843
Handsome pair of instruments, Danman

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Platinum Supporter

It's an amazing guitar as well but I changed the 71 to exactly my needs. As I said, it wasn’t original anyway and the mods I did are reversible, just the pick ups, pots and the bridge…. I've had it since 1987 so it's just part of me. Nothing wrong with my other guitars but something you’ve played that long is just irreplaceable.. View attachment 936843
Beautiful! Both of em!

I like to think of 72 as the last of the old style telecasters (71 the last full year)

Once the body shape changes and two string trees come around it diverts too far for me

Not that those later teles can’t be good instruments, they just aren’t “vintage” in my book

Danman

Tele-Meister
Beautiful! Both of em!

I like to think of 72 as the last of the old style telecasters (71 the last full year)

Once the body shape changes and two string trees come around it diverts too far for me

Not that those later teles can’t be good instruments, they just aren’t “vintage” in my book
Thanks! Yes, I agree completely. This year still has the features which make it a Tele like it should be. And even though the quality started going down hill these years, there still are great instruments among these. You just have to find them...

Robert H.

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
I really like that era. Had an early ‘72 and I really enjoyed it - but did switch the 1meg pots for 250Ks. I preferred the warmer tone.

knavel

Tele-Holic

Dan - your 1960 looks like the twin of my brother's 59 Esquire. super nice. The 71 looks sweet as well.

Southpaw Tele

Friend of Leo's
Beautiful guitar and one year older than my birth year. Would love to get a birth year Tele but a lefty 1972 would cost me a small fortune. Love the color of yours!

Back at it

Tele-Meister
I will definitely check out Moncton it’s nice to see someone with an open showroom these days, I miss going to a shop and just checking stuff out