Offsets

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by sonny ohooligan, Oct 17, 2015.

1. sonny ohooligan

sonny ohooligan TDPRI Member

I recently had this Jazzmaster clone made for me...

Ba3ikfu9tN6ixXsRDfWgrKVmpdgWtRbbSbhBDp2Kqu4.jpg

Lollars, compound radius neck, stainless steel frets, Mastery Bridge and Trem, contoured neck heel (like the Deluxe Strats), and locking tuners. Great guitar, and among the best I own (thanks Aperio Guitar!).

I noticed that the JM body fits me better than any I've played before- literally the most comfortable guitar I've ever played. This got me interested in other offsets...

I love semi-hollow guitars, and I dig a good tremolo. Why not get an offset semi-hollow with tremolo? Rhoney Guitars (http://www.rhoneyguitars.com/starblaster/) offers a few versions of what I'm looking for (anyone played one of these?). There is also the option of putting together a Warmoth Starcaster copy. Anyway, offsets are my new interest. I can see a thinline Jaguar in my future, among others. What do you own (or have played) that would also be interesting?

coreytree likes this.
  2. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Nice!

3. vintage clubber

vintage clubber Friend of Leo's

Here is my Squier VM Jaguar HH. It looked like this catalog shot when I brought it home.

[​IMG]

Here is what it looks like now:

[​IMG]

4. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Friend of Leo's

G&L fallout is high on my list of offsets to get. It's not a semi hollow, but still. I'd build one of the warmoth starcaster copies in a heartbeat, if they offered a widerange humbucker option. Paf size only.

5. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

I've just come in from bandsawing and rossing another Mustang Piney body... I'm dusty...meh, I was bored..:lol:

the last couple.. blue ones....:cool:

I'm enjoying the 24" scale on the SS... though, it's HS now....

Attached Files:

6. zippofan

zippofan Tele-Afflicted

I got my son a VM Jag as his first guitar, he had been playing my Strat copy for awhile and kept up with it. It's a nice guitar to play, so much so I wish I got one for myself :D

I played a Fender thinline Jag at the local shop and was supremely tempted but it was a bit out of my price range. I bought a used Eastwood Stormbird for cheap instead, and replaced the pickups, electronics and bridge. Plays nice, a unique guitar that I find myself reaching for often.

Congrats on the Jazzmaster, it looks terrific!

Z

7. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

Yes, that's a beautiful JM!
    I agree on the offsets. They're my favorite. I prefer the Jag, and it's short scale. I tried one of the thinline models or whatever it's called. It played and sounded great, but overpriced IMO.

8. KeithJ

KeithJ Tele-Meister

I own an Oceana that Rhoney made, and I've played a bunch of his other guitars and I can easily say they are some of the best instruments I have ever had my hands on. If you have a chance, get a Rhoney, they are amazing and you won't regret it!

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I think you just described the Fender Offset Special.

[​IMG]

coreytree likes this.
  10. KeithJ

KeithJ Tele-Meister

For what it's worth, Rhoney just posted on his Facebook page that he has a Starblaster (his take on a Starcaster) for sale. It hasn't been painted yet, so I imagine you could pick whatever color you want.

11. Berndizzle440

Berndizzle440 Tele-Holic

My harmony h-19 silhouette is very similar to jazzmaster and jaguar bodies. I love the way it fits :)

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.