Official 2019 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Telekarster

Telekarster Tele-Meister

The only real football worth watching is Rugby.... ;)

2. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Rugby rocks and I quite like Australian Rules Footy too, but born and raised in the USA, High School football, College football, (go Huskies! Canadian Football and the NFL (go Hawks!) are what do it for me.

Telekarster likes this.
  3. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Start a rugby thread! Maybe I'll start watching! :cool: I'd definitely need some guidance.

Telekarster likes this.
  4. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Don't know if you saw this, but I found it pretty entertaining. Background: Mike Greenberg is an NYC kid who graduated Northwestern w/ a degree in journalism.

uriah1 and SolidSteak like this.
  5. SolidSteak

That was cool :cool: Nice to see some passion erupt out of what are normally dispassionate, by-the-numbers sports reporters. Losing to the Browns by 3 scores will provoke that sort of response!

GGardner likes this.
  6. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

I have to agree, they have a walk in the park for the first part of the season for the most part. We won't know how freaking good they really are until Brown (and Gordon likely) is suspended and they face a worthy team that has healthy players.

7. SolidSteak

I don't know, I'm gonna guess both Brown and Gordon get to play this year as long as they are healthy.

Wow, looking at their schedule seems waaay to easy for the Superbowl Champs! Part of it is playing in a weak division of course (although maybe the Bills will make a game of it?), but it looks to me like they won't face a serious challenger until Week 9, the Ravens. Miami, Jets, Bills, Skins, Giants, Jets, Browns... I think any team would kill for that schedule this year.

But what do I know? Any given Sunday of course! :D

8. SolidSteak

Well don't I have egg on my face! Pats cut AB after only 11 days on the team. Looks like he's trying to auction off the only Touchdown ball he ever caught while a Patriot.

I read in an article that Brown had an aquarium he used to keep 50 piranhas in, and he liked dropping the goldfish in and watching them get torn apart. I am guessing he probably identifies more with the goldfish than the piranhas at this point.

The Patriots are no worse for wear... looks like they get most of their money back, and they still have Edelman and Gordon, AND overachiever Phillip Dorsett.

I think Gordon has more tact than Brown, and will avoid the same fate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  9. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Antonio Browndino:

A self propelled, self destructing missile, fueled by taking voluminous amounts of hot air in at one end of the vehicle and expelling at the other. (Direction of travel had not yet been ascertained) Able to convert millions of dollars of revenue into nothing in a relatively short period of time.

VWAmTele likes this.
  10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

a stinker in philly today

11. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Man, I had to break out the oxygen mask!
    Whew!:D

12. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I tried to watch tonight, I really did. Am curious about the Browns maybe being good for some reason. Tried to watch for the first time this season, but three penalties in the first six plays. No thanks.

A holding call, illegal shift and the dumbest penalty in the rulebook: ineligible downfield. I mean, the lineman blocked his man, the defender slid off and the lineman stumbled forward a yard, apparently beyond the 5 yards or whatever. No thanks, take your targeting calls and instant replay to determine if a player was making a football move after the catch. Have fun, I'll be watching the last few episodes of Westworld.

13. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Lotsa dropped catches that were dead on target.

14. SolidSteak

I really thought the Browns were gonna tie it up - looked like Mayfield almost could have run it in himself for a second.

Steelers/49ers was a sloppy game with too many turnovers, but I liked watching backup QB Mason Rudolph. He had a few great throws, ran fearlessly headfirst when needed, and if not for a late James Conner fumble they might have pulled off a win. I consider that to be not too horrible given the circumstances.

15. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

eagles needed that win...but it cost them a couple players...GB lost a couple guys too...what a battle

one thing i thought was dumb to do...the interception on the last play...catch it in the end zone and take a knee...all i could imagine was a packer knocking the ball out and running it in and scoring...yikes

Shuster, Nubs and fendrguitplayr like this.
  16. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Afflicted

This may have been covered, but...

Tonight I watched the game on the Amazon Prime Video app. It was interesting to learn that there are multiple audio commentaries to select from. I went with the UK crew tonight. It was a refreshing change from Buck and Aikman.

Nubs and electrichead like this.
  17. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I know the Packers have to go with what works for them most of the time, but putting the ball in the air, not once, but twice at the five yard line just seems on the verge of being stupid. Either of the times they got down there on the line, they could have ran a ground play and probably been successful. When you put the ball in the air like that, you risk an interception, just like the one that occurred the second time around.

fendrguitplayr likes this.
  18. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

I blame the offensive coordinator.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Wentz and Eagles played a terrific game. Aaron Rodgers though, (despite the ending) threw some passes last night that were other worldly good. His touch, accuracy and arm strength amaze me.... and Devonte was on fire.

Shuster likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.