Official 2019 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

i quite enjoyed the defensive battle in that game...old school 70s football!

Flaneur and SolidSteak like this.
  2. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

UK in the North - Yorkshire, but now in the South.
    The NFL is really starting to become a big sport here in the UK, especially since they starting having live games here every season. The BBC has two dedicated NFL shows each week when the season is on. I think the NFL is going to keep getting bigger and bigger around the world.

uriah1 likes this.
  3. Brad Pittiful

the jacksonville jaguars always play a game in the uk...ive heard they want to move the team to london

Richie-string and Rev Rhythm like this.
  4. Richie-string

Richie-string Tele-Meister

UK in the North - Yorkshire, but now in the South.
    That would be awesome but very bad news for the Jags home fans. I think much better to start two new franchises - perhaps one in London and then another in a large city with strong NFL support, maybe a Mexican team.

5. Brad Pittiful

biggest drawback to having a team in london permanently is the time difference...the way they do it now is...you play in london and then the next week you have a bye...if they had the jags based in london...8 teams would have a bye after they played...but how would the jags go about it...play all 8 home games in a row...then stay in the states for their next 8 games...8 road games in a row would be so tough...where would they be based in between games...i am sure the nfl has pondered this things

a team in mexico would be fine as they are in the california time zone...maybe a team in canada...if the bon jovi people bought the bills...they wouldve played a few games in toronto and then maybe move there permanently

Richie-string likes this.
  6. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

It stinks what happened to your team as far as that no-call, but I'm afraid this is only going to cause more controversy and is therefore a bad idea by the league.

7. Brad Pittiful

my view on penalties...every call should be challengable...you call a penalty...the team should be able to challenge it if they feel it could be over turned

8. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

Sixteen months ago Steelers Linebacker Ryan Shazier was carted off the field in Cincinnati with what turned out to be a severe spinal injury. Who knows what the future has in store for him, but it brightened my day to see him doing a box jump:

BB likes this.
  9. lammie200

lammie200 Tele-Afflicted

Watching the end of the Eagle/Falcons game right now. Looks like the refs blew the ineligible man down field call on the last Falcon’s td. I like how the announcers have ignored it as obvious as it was. Apparently the Saints got screwed out of a td as well.

10. Brad Pittiful

the eagles game was an injury fest...wentz looked off from the start of the game...it was said the eagles want to get passes out fast...well that didnt last long...plus when you have a deep threat like desean...quick passes dont work well with players running deep...the secondary played well enough to not get blown out but they still need help...maybe a call to miami will happen soon...they have a good corner that wants to be traded

11. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

I think Miami is taking Cleveland's place as the crappiest team in the NFL.

As for the Pats w/out Gronk...
    Gronk who?

12. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

The best part about having the Mahomes kid as your quarterback is watching him smile. He loves what he's doing. I hope he can remain as cool as this for his whole career...

TheGoodTexan and BB like this.
  13. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Who knows, tonight could be the night Cleveland wins a game. Well maybe, could happen, probably not. NO.

BB likes this.
  14. DrASATele

DrASATele Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe Cleveland VS Miami and the Shhhhh Bowl!

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. Toto'sDad

Okay boys, get out there and do what you do best. LOSE!

16. Toto'sDad

Is it possible? Could it be? Is Cleveland where football players go, after they're gone? Hmm, that would explain a lot.

DrASATele likes this.
  17. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

After the big letdown by the Red Sox, it's nice to see New England in a winning way and with AB, but as always, soon
    everyone will be calling rape-gate or something hateful.

Capture.JPG

DrASATele likes this.
  18. BB

BB Poster Extraordinaire

Pats scored 76 and gave up 3 in 2 games? Yikes! Now TB has AB to throw to. Going to be fun watching the GOAT play with his new toy. I'm a huge Seahawks fan, but hats off to the pats for being so freaking good.

19. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Painful loss. And the thing is, up until the last few minutes, I was sure that the Iggles would find a way to pull it out. The Agholor drop was killer. There was a time years back when he seemed to drop as many as he caught. But then he had that great Super Bowl and all was forgotten. But that drop last night killed me.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  20. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

No doubt they're good, but those stats are very anomalous. The Steelers are struggling on offense and defense, and Miami is shedding veteran players in what looks to be a rebuilding year.

Kind of nit picking on my part, but I would reserve the phrase "so freaking good" for after they play the Chiefs or something.

BB likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.