Official 2018 NFL thread!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Brad Pittiful, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Nubs

Nubs Friend of Leo's

Agreed, Yeah we get it. Pats are awesome...blah blah boring. Probably won't watch it either. But hey, maybe Brady will win this one since he'll be matched up with the Rams starting QB. Apparently baby Brady can't beat a backup QB in the big game, so he should have better luck against Goff.

But then again I'm kinda biased. Hey my Eagles are still Super Bowl champs!

2. Salsg

Salsg Tele-Meister

Pats will win this year. Not because of the Rams, but maybe this time they won't have stolen the plays like the last time they played in the Superbowl, but they will win because Alabama didn't win the championship this year

3. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

[​IMG]

schmee likes this.
  4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I'll just grab a quick shower after sorting out a few disgruntled rams fans. (the game official kind)

[​IMG]

5. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

"Yeah, 5-6 easy wins each year, they only need to play .500 vs everyone else to be 11-5 every year"

This logic doesn't hold up. The Patriots are 71-19 since 2003 in the AFC East. That’s a .788 winning percentage. Outside the division, they are 118-32 (.786). They bet up on the rest of the NFL as bad as they do their own division. Lifelong Chiefs fan here but you gotta respect those numbers.

Blue Bill and Colo Springs E like this.
  6. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

Brady proved his greatness... Belichick proved his.
    The unfortunate stuff in the Saints/Rams game... just intolerable after all this time to have a game end like that.

We will make some awesome food for the super bowl and have friends over... and I will root for the SF guys (Brady and Edelman) but not be too invested in the result as I like the Goff kid too. and gronk too... just a superior player/force like John Mackey was.

Maybe Gurley will come to play... maybe the young Rams coach will have a surprise or two. My guess is the Pats will whoop some ass.... I always am happy when the Rams lose.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  7. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

IMG952534.jpg

8. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

IMG958465.jpg

Blue Bill and getbent like this.
  9. Blue Bill

Blue Bill Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

2rsjm7.jpg

10. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The Rams got to the refs by pointing out how many times the Rams lost out when these officials were at work. I think the refs were desperate to not let the game be determined in favor of the Saints by their calls and so they bent over too far the other way. Given that the officials were well and truly psyched out, it was Essential that the Saints crush the Rams. And they didn't.

And this is sad because this may be the end of the road. With Tom Benson, changes would be made and the Saints (and the whole city) would be back and ready to get even. But with Mr. Benson gone, something has changed in New Orleans. I can't even promise the Franchise will be here in a few years.

11. boris bubbanov

Lack of sure footedness in the referees is a sign of a greater problem that's the NFL, 2019. The size of the market is too important, as is the race of the star player. Mens' health is evidently being sacrificed, with the size and relative strength of today's players. All the greed on the part of the owners.

I'm saying, if all of the NFL's other problems could somehow be fixed, I can see the officiating improving almost overnight. Officiating is in its way, the Canary in the Coal Mine. Once, only a very tiny few people even knew for sure when a call was badly botched. Now every human being knows and so the up coming game will be called the

"Shouldn't Be Here Bowl".

Which is fine because I can't see any beauty in pro football anymore, anyway. It is like the McDonald's Happy Meal of entertainment.

tery likes this.
  12. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Maybe he threw the game ?

13. boris bubbanov

No, you don't. The Patriots get to play against the always unwell modern day Buffalo Bills (especially post Ralph Wilson) and as always, the entirely hapless New York Jets. This is the gift that never stops giving. There are no Conrad Doblers on any of those Bills or Jets teams and the Patriots above all else can stay healthy playing these kinds of "opponents".

If we respected the numbers, the Bills of the Ferguson era always outnumbered the Dolphins (first downs and yardage) then usually lost, and the Bills in the 1990s won so many games they should've won 5 Championships. Numbers don't mean anything.

It is NOT a coincidence that Alex Smith was playing for the Redskins and not an AFC East team.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  14. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Good point. Also, it's not easy winning in the playoffs. And they almost never get knocked out the first game, they pretty much always win at least one (and generally, at least make it to the AFC championship).

I'm sick to death of them, but their record of excellence spanning nearly 2 decades is incredible, and has to be respected.

You could be right Randy, but I am thinking it will be a close game. And the Pats will crush their dreams right as time expires, or close to it.

15. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

A coin flip made this possible. Pure chance. Mahomes and Brady were equals in that game.

16. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

"No, you don't. The Patriots get to play against the always unwell modern day Buffalo Bills (especially post Ralph Wilson) and as always, the entirely hapless New York Jets. This is the gift that never stops giving."

Their overall record against the rest of the league shows they dominate no matter who they're playing.

17. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Back when the Red Sox beat L.A. to win the World Series, we had "Beat L.A." etched in our memory.

Beat L.A. - has a nice ring to it. ;)

18. boris bubbanov

No matter how much conditioning teams do, people get hurt. Except when playing AFC East teams and this is even more true now that the Colts are elsewhere. There's obvious, huge correlations between being healthy and winning more games and winning close games. So, The Patriots win against others because they're Daisy Fresh when teams in other conferences, divisions are all used up. To me this is more useful for teams than a bye.

19. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

funny...i said to myslef this afternoon..wouldnt it be funny if the game tonight was a defense battle...well so far it is...3-0 pats

20. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

Looks that might be all she wrote after the NE pick.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.